INDY 500 - what a shame

Posted by toltecbr 
INDY 500 - what a shame
Date: May 28, 2007 01:36AM
Posted by: toltecbr
What a shame!!!
They STOLE the victory from Kanaan´s hands!!!
they´re expecting an andretti win (marco, of course) but it will never happens because the others are not Mario hehhehe...
first of all, if was an american driver in the 1st place, the race was ended in the first time rain...
but was kanaan...
ok, let´s restart the race and see what happens...
well...
when kanaan will retake the 1st place, raining again - race stops... and they give the victory to franchitti...
man, i´m very pissed...

- Nelson Piquet - F1 WORLD CHAMPION 81/83/87 -
Re: INDY 500 - what a shame
Date: May 28, 2007 01:37AM
Posted by: tripleM
Thank you for watching

Date: May 28, 2007 09:09AM
Posted by: Nickv
They stop the race when it rains and continue again when the track is dry enough again. They didn't steal the victory from Kanaan and gave it to Franchitti, you just can't stand that your favorite loses.
Date: May 28, 2007 11:15AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They stop the race when it rains and continue
> again when the track is dry enough again. They
> didn't steal the victory from Kanaan and gave it
> to Franchitti, you just can't stand that your
> favorite loses.

No, having no idea what went on in the race, and cannot decipher whats going on in the first post, im going to wade in and say that the IRL is known for giving the win to someone else when another person took the win.

Date: May 28, 2007 01:04PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I believe that Kanaan crashed out before the race was stopped - don't think there was anything dodgy this time...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 28, 2007 02:03PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
After Kanaan said "If I was American they would stopped the race to let me win" I instantly didnt want him to win. Nothing but a spoilt little child.

when kanaan will retake the 1st place, raining again - race stops... and they give the victory to franchitti...

Kanaan was 12th at the time of caution. He was not leading, infact he was not close to leading. Dario Franchitti was winning as he crossed the line to start the lap and he was still lead when the accident started, and when the caution was flown.

A dull first half of the race but a stunning second half of the race. Some amazing stuff there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 28, 2007 05:25PM
Posted by: colts18
I think that Kanaan was probably the fastest car, but they should of course get as many laps in as they can, and they ended up running about 60 more laps in the end.

Franchitti was quick all month long and really came on strong after the rain break, catching back up to the leaders despite dropping to 14th due to the tyre going down. He was definitely quick enough to win the race anyway so this was hardly 'given' to him. Not like if it had been some middling car who completely lucked out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 05:27PM by colts18.
Date: May 28, 2007 09:49PM

A day later, he still cant quite belive it:

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 28, 2007 11:35PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Congratulations to Franchitti, always liked him and he's often had a bit of bad luck right at the worst possible time so I think this is deserved.
Date: May 28, 2007 11:46PM
Posted by: Muks_C
man those cars look awful.

and do they sculpt each winner's face and attach it to the trophy? or are those "blank" spaces so they remove a face and engrave the new winner's name onto it?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 28, 2007 11:51PM
Posted by: tripleM
"and do they sculpt each winner's face and attach it to the trophy?"

Yes.

Also there's the driver's name, date of victory, and average speed.

[www.indymotorspeedway.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 11:55PM by tripleM.
Date: May 29, 2007 06:46AM
Posted by: PIQUETFAN
Thieves! E-nuff said...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 06:47AM by PIQUETFAN.
Date: May 29, 2007 11:13AM
Posted by: Ali
Nice to see Franchitti again on top after a difficult year...
Date: May 29, 2007 04:26PM
Posted by: Nickv
PIQUETFAN schreef:
> Thieves! E-nuff said...

You're probably a Brazilian. Enough said...
Date: May 29, 2007 06:28PM
Piquet was Brazilian, so thats most likely.

The Brazilians are out in force bitching and crying despite IRL saying the race would restart today if it dried. Had they been unable to restart the race on Sunday, it would have been called. However it was dried, and they kept there word and restarted the race.

Kanaans childish comments is bad enough, however it seems many of the brazilians seem to be infected by it too. Shame, but at the end of the day he wasnt leading when it counted and he was very lucky not to stick it in the wall off turn 4.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 30, 2007 09:06PM
Posted by: champ
Many other racing series, i.e. nascar, will stop a race and resume once the track is dry. the IRL has done this themselves before. Kanaan lost the race due to poor pit strategy by Kim Green.
Date: May 30, 2007 09:19PM
Posted by: mschumi
crapy race, very crapy race...i didn't cared who won, the race was very boring...too bad for this happend at indi

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: May 31, 2007 08:32AM
Posted by: Slash
Wow, Dario was my favourite driver before he moved to the IRL, i alwasy tought going to IRL was a step back, compared to CART, but it's nice to see him winning, he's a special character...

as for those that are moaning, go get a life, live with it!!, if Kannan wasn't leading then why was he robbed????????, robbed was Paul Tracy couple of years back, to a Brazilian, so stop moaning!
Date: May 31, 2007 10:11AM
Posted by: Glyn
I thought they didn't do oval racing in the wet, or have I missed something here?

Date: May 31, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: gav
Glyn Wrote:
> I thought they didn't do oval racing in the wet,
> or have I missed something here?

They let it dry out and then restarted from the lap the red was flown (113 I think it was). They got close to the end when the heavens opened again (look at Dave's signature) just after the yellow came out for Marco Andretti rolling down the back-straight. Dario was leading at the time, and given how late in the day it was, there was never going to be a hope of it drying out in time again, so it was declared a result.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy