indy racing league

Posted by RAR 
indy racing league
Date: July 08, 2006 04:57AM
Posted by: RAR
necesito saber cuales el mejor simulador de carreras para pc de las famosas series americanas ya sea irl o champ cart y que ojala se editable como gp3.
gracias
Re: indy racing league
Date: July 08, 2006 08:05PM
Posted by: Nickv
¿Qué? ;)
Date: July 08, 2006 08:29PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Date: July 08, 2006 08:32PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
fish

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 08, 2006 11:39PM
Posted by: bestobritish
say what?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 09, 2006 09:33AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
say hey

Date: July 09, 2006 09:09PM
Posted by: chet
Ney

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 19, 2006 02:41PM
Posted by: danm

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: July 19, 2006 03:18PM
Posted by: anze89
Date: July 19, 2006 04:57PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Pointless replies. I'm actually trying to say something useful, but can't understand what he's trying to say, so here goes.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 20, 2006 07:18PM
Posted by: LS.
Nice to see my Waaaaay pic being recycled ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 23, 2006 04:56AM
Posted by: NeoLiot
He (she) needs to know the best editable (like GP3) IRL or Champ Car simulator for PC.

or something like that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2006 04:57AM by NeoLiot.
Date: July 23, 2006 05:29AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
There is no IRL or ChampCar simulations on the PC atm.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 23, 2006 07:57AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The only editable ones are either very old (Papyrus Indy Car Racing 2),
or mods to moderately old PC racing games (Grand Prix 2, Grand Prix 3, Grabd Prix 4, NASCAR Heat, F1-2002, F1 Championship 99-02, and NASCAR Racing 2003 Season).

Indy Car Racing 2 has a fair number of CART and IRL carsets, but very few addon CART or IRL tracks, and the game probably will not run under WinXP.
Grand Prix 2 seems to have the most CART, CCWS, and IRL carsets and tracks.
Grand Prix 3 probably is second in that respect.
Grand Prix 4 has a CCWS carset and only maybe a couple of CART/CCWS or IRL tracks.
NASCAR Heat has 2000, 2001, and 2003 IRL carsets and many IRL tracks (as they're largely the same as NASCAR tracks).
F1-2002 has an IRL 2002 carset and a number of IRL tracks.
F1 Championship 99-02 has a completely stand-alond CART 2000-2005 mod, which includes most of the cars (with some major errors in their liveries in a few cases) and most CART 2000-2005 tracks, that is downloadable for free and does not require the original game in order to use it (although you will be missing the a Montreal track if you don't have the original game).
NASCAR Racing 2003 Season has IRL 2004, IRL 2005 and CCWS 2004 carsets and most IRL tracks (as they're largely the same as NASCAR tracks), and a few CART-CCWS tracks. It does have the slight problem that all the carsets, including the CART one, use the one same IRL carshape, and the major problem that all of the cars use the original game's "Trans-Am" physics, which means that the cars are a bit too slow and their physics are meant to replicate a 3000+ pound car.

The old MicroSoft CART Precision Racing never had any addons that I ever encountered, though, oddly enough, a number of its tracks were converted to other games, even though no new tracks were ever made for the game itself. The game suffered particularly from allowing a maximum of only twelve cars in a race.

The Indy Car game released for PC a couple of years ago has proven to be completely uneditable with absolutely no addons that I know of, and more than a few faults out-of-the-box. (Would you believe that it doesn't have any rear-view mirrors?!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2006 08:06AM by JackiMatra.
Date: July 24, 2006 11:18AM
Posted by: Zyklef
I have Microsoft CART Precision Racing and let me tell you, there are (or maybe were is a better operative) addon tracks and carsets and the maximum number of cars in a race is around 39 I believe, it's set to 12 by default but the option to make it higher is there.
Date: July 24, 2006 02:01PM
Where?
Where?
And Where?
Date: July 24, 2006 09:44PM
As I said, were is a better word to describe he location of carsets and tracks these days. The option for 39 cars, on the other hand is in one of the game's option menus ('General' perhaps), although in order to have more than just the full 1997 grid of 25/26 cars you need to edit the drivers.cfg file I believe.
Date: July 24, 2006 09:58PM
I ask because I have never encountered any addons fot the game in the course of six years, allthough I still bought the game very inexpensively last year out of curiosity. It would be odd if all addons and websites for the game had disappeared from the web six years ago when websites dedicated to other games of similar or older vintage still existed then, and a number of which still persevere to this day.
Date: July 25, 2006 02:09AM
There were definately some around 2000/2001 but they were starting to tail off to nothingness.

Edit:[www.radiantweb.com]
[www.geocities.com]

Just found these after a bit of searching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2006 02:17AM by Zyklef.
Date: July 25, 2006 03:01AM
Thanks.
I think that these are the same ones, along with a few others, that I also just found after some googling. I just managed to download some editing tools and two CART carsets from one site just as it "exceeded its monthly bandwidth".

I am absolutely certain that Google did not turn up any of these pages in earlier years.
(Most of the links that I found derived from one particular discussion forum thread.)

Odd that Google turns them up now when they're mostly no longer in existence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy