[ChampCar] AJ Allmendinger dropped.

Posted by DaveEllis 
[ChampCar] AJ Allmendinger dropped.
Date: June 09, 2006 06:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
v12racing.net

Carl Russo and his team RuSPORT have announced that AJ Allmendinger has left the team, and the #10 Champ Car World Series seat with immediate effect and for the remainder of the 2006 season

“A.J. has been with us since we created RuSPORT late in 2002,” said Russo. “During that time, we won the 2003 Formula Atlantic Championship and the 2004 Champ Car Rookie of the Year together. However, as RuSPORT and A.J. have progressed, we believe a different environment will help A.J. to grow even faster, and so we have made this very difficult decision. We expect that A.J. will be a winner in any category he competes in. We thank him for all his efforts and we wish him well in the future.”

Former Champion Cristiano da Matta has been named as A.J.s replacement, who has competed in the first 4 races of the 2006 Champ Car World Series season as a driver for Dale Coyne Racing. He currently sits 9th in the championship.

“I would like to thank Dale Coyne for giving Cristiano the opportunity to display his desire, competitiveness and professionalism in front of all of us, this season,” said Russo. “I would like to also thank Dale for allowing Cristiano to join RuSPORT at this time. As for Cristiano, all I can say is a former champion with enormous experience is joining our team at a time when we are pushing to win the Champ Car driver’s championship, and that can only bode well for our chances. As all are aware, Cristiano is a true champion on and off the race track and we welcome a competitor of this caliber to the RuSPORT family.”

“To say this is a great opportunity would be an understatement,” said da Matta. “This is my sixth season in Champ Car. Only in two of the previous five seasons have I felt like I could fight for a race victory every time I went to the track. Now, I can say I have that opportunity again with RuSPORT. I’m looking forward to getting started, and I plan to make the most of this opportunity. I want to thank Dale Coyne and the entire team at Dale Coyne Racing for all of their hard work, and I would also like to thank Carl Russo and everyone at RuSPORT for giving me the chance to compete in the #10 Champ Car.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: [ChampCar] AJ Allmendinger dropped.
Date: June 09, 2006 07:32PM
Posted by: tripleM
Pfft,if Russo wants a win this badly he should go straight for Seb.

Date: June 10, 2006 01:48AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Allmendinger ....hyped almost as much as Danica Patrick in IRL! LOL

Never thought AJ was much of a talent actually....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: June 10, 2006 03:01AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
AJ has what it takes. He has shown that on a few occasions. Hes a great guy with a very obvious passon for racing. He tears himself up when he does badly, unfortunatly he also tears the team up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 10, 2006 02:52PM
Posted by: chet
Lol!
Havent been able to watch the races, only see results, but it seems asif he is relativley good, I watched last year, and he seemed pretty good...

But i cant really evaluate based on results.... by the looks of it Wilson has been confortably ahead... :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 10, 2006 07:43PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
IMO Aj is better than Wilson. that said i am an AJ fan...never really liked wilson.
Date: June 11, 2006 12:39AM
Wilson looks like a better driver from where I sit than Allmendinger. Anyway, something about AJ is kind of creepy to me, kinda like Ant Wilson in F1.

In the ChampCar races I've seen this year AJ doesn't run up front for long before an accident occurs, but they aren't always his fault...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: June 12, 2006 02:43PM
Posted by: six degrees
AJ to Forsythe to partner PT... Dominguez is out by "mutual consent". No coincidence that MD's been axed after his... interesting take on being a team player!
Date: June 12, 2006 09:00PM
six degrees Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> AJ to Forsythe to partner PT... Dominguez is out by "mutual consent".
> No coincidence that MD's been axed after his... interesting take on
> being a team player!

Did MD make a controversial comment or something?

Date: June 13, 2006 08:23AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
six degrees Wrote:
> AJ to Forsythe to partner PT... Dominguez is out by "mutual consent".
> No coincidence that MD's been axed after his... interesting take on
> being a team player!

Hahaha and you and dave kept telling me how good dominguez is! hahahahaha

Date: June 14, 2006 05:44PM
"AJ to Forsythe to partner PT"

Confirmed now. :-)

Date: June 14, 2006 06:58PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
no suprise there then
Date: June 15, 2006 07:06PM
Posted by: Red Sam
So Wilson builds up a small team, fights well and stays where he is, while AJ falls out with his team and gets rewarded with a top line drive?

pah

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 16, 2006 07:49AM
Red Sam Wrote:
> So Wilson builds up a small team, fights well and stays where he is,
> while AJ falls out with his team and gets rewarded with a top line
> drive?

Maybe AJ is just better ;)

Date: June 16, 2006 08:56AM
You think?

Date: June 16, 2006 07:07PM
"So Wilson builds up a small team, fights well and stays where he is, while AJ falls out with his team and gets rewarded with a top line drive?"

"Pah" back at you.

Date: June 17, 2006 01:55PM
w00t AJ on pole in Qual 1 :D

Date: June 19, 2006 05:20AM
you have to @#$%& love that!

AJ dropped, then in his first race for his new team PWNS them all!! :D

Date: June 19, 2006 08:48AM
Lol!
So im guessing its a superior team?
If so isnt expected he would win... I mean wouldnt Wilson win?

Date: June 19, 2006 02:01PM
PT got beaten by Dan Clarke.

Enough said about a "superior team".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy