Re: Indy 500
Date: May 28, 2006 10:37PM
Posted by: schumifan
I realy hoped Marco Andretti would win.. but Hornish deserved it
Date: May 28, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Awesome race
IRL sucks usually but that was just WOW awesome awesome finish major shame for Marco :( Really wanted him to win it but well done to Hornish
Date: May 29, 2006 01:25AM
Posted by: Karan
Marco got pwned! ;) Hornish deserved it no doubt,after that final effort by him.

Date: May 29, 2006 01:36AM
Posted by: DrDougal
I love INDY

The INDY 500 is a great motor racing spectical. I wish I could watch it live. Shame Wheldon didn't win. I would have LOVED that!
Date: May 29, 2006 03:09AM
Posted by: aims20
Yeah that was an awesome race and that final caution made everything so crazy at the end. and what an effort by hornish as well as Marco.
Date: May 29, 2006 11:20AM
Posted by: Nickv
Shame one of the Andrettis didn't win. I would have loved it to see an Andretti one-two. But well done to Hornish :)
Date: May 29, 2006 12:03PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Im sorry but The indy 500 lost all meaning after the 2002 event.

If the merger takes place, it might mean something again.

Date: May 29, 2006 12:29PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Indy500 is still one of the biggest races in the world! And its such ashame for Marco Andretti! Cant belive we were all on MSN shouting for him!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 29, 2006 12:45PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I understand its a huge race n what not, but the fact is they modifed the result for an IRL driver to win.

And i know most people probably think im just sore cos it was Paul Tracy, but thats not the main reason, its the fact they modified the result!

Date: May 30, 2006 08:03AM
Posted by: rocker
I don't like Sam Hornish, he came here two years ago I think to the Granja Viana Kart race, he is a stubborn I didn't like him at all.

With stars like David Coulthard, Juan Pablo Montoya, and the Brazilians Rubens Barrichello, Felipe Massa, Tony Kanaan, Heettlio Castroneves and all, he was acting like he was the main star of the event.

David Coulthard and Juan Pablo Montoya, who was on top teams at Formula 1 was better with the people than him, they gave autographs took pictures with people and all. Sam Hornish refused even to give interview for the TV that was covering the event. Then after the race the press come to talk with the top drivers and ignored Sam, it was hilarious 'cause than he realized nobody cared about him.

I wanted a Brazilian to win, but after Tony made the pitstop I hoped Michael Andretti win, 'cause he never won this race. Than if Marco had won I would like also (in fact I don't care much who win as long as we have a great race). But when Sam Hornish won I shouted "Filho da P*&@" (a bad word in Portuguese like mother ...). The thing is that we are Christian Protestant at home, and I never speak those kind of word near my parents, my mother was in the other room and said "What is happening there..." and I "Sorry, I didn't knew you are there, but this guy had to win the Indy 500..."

Anyway, it was a great race, I just hoped Tony or Helio had won, imagine Tony winning the Indy 500 with Rubens helmet!!!

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: May 30, 2006 02:35PM
Posted by: tripleM
Obviously you did care.

Date: May 31, 2006 03:46AM
Posted by: Paco
But when Sam Hornish won I shouted "Filho da P*&@" (a bad word in Portuguese like mother ...)

so Filho means son, right??? sounds really similar to an insult in spanish too ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: June 01, 2006 02:44PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Anybody know if it's being shown on terrestrial in the UK?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 02, 2006 02:15AM
Posted by: rocker
lol Paco :P

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy