DTM, Formula 3 and other Motorsports

Posted by mitadumapaga 
DTM, Formula 3 and other Motorsports
Date: April 23, 2012 05:51PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
hi there guys,

can someone please give me a hint where i can read forums, news and other things about different kinds of motorsport, both on 4 and on 2 wheels. Since the forums are pretty empty on topics such as DTM Iasume gpg.com is not the place to find such informations. thanks in advance, guys.
Re: DTM, Formula 3 and other Motorsports
Date: April 27, 2012 10:50PM
Posted by: loren
I think 10-tenths still has a pretty active F3 forum
Date: April 28, 2012 08:12AM
Posted by: gav
For the Brits here, I read last week that ITV4 are covering DTM this year. I think it's just highlights, expected to be shown a week late, but I guess it's better than nothing. :)

Edit: the first round is shown next Saturday, at 10:30am for 30 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 08:15AM by gav.
Date: May 03, 2012 11:57AM
Posted by: chet
That's not bad! Last few years then it would have been difficult to find 30mins of highlights :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 03, 2012 04:46PM
Posted by: marcl
I wish Sky could show it rather than keep showing the same shows all the time.
Date: October 21, 2012 08:42PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Seeing the thread title says 'other Motorsports'...I thought this would be the best place to post this.

Congratulations to Gordon Shedden, the 2012 BTCC champion. Well deserved. It's been a good season, been able to get to 3 of the races myself this year as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 08:43PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: August 02, 2015 10:15PM
Posted by: n00binio
Today's DTM race at the A1 ring created some serious controversy. Merc used Wickens to block the Audi of Scheider and get Wehrlein past both. They made the move stick in the penultimate lap and Audi reacted by telling their Driver to "Push him out". The move was executed equally well...

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds, but imo there should be some serious consequences, else we can just stop racing altogether.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 02, 2015 10:32PM
Posted by: kedy89
Worth to mention that Wehrlein was leading the championship. Reminded me a bit of Barcelona 07, just the other way round this time.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: August 02, 2015 10:53PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Am I the only one who thinks that was quite funny? Had to laugh at that Scheider-action, certainly executed indeed very well ... :D

However while Scheider obviously should get a penalty I don't think it should be that harsh. IMO stall order is ok, blocking is not. So for me it was quite nice to see that the move backfired instantly ;)
Date: August 02, 2015 11:14PM
Posted by: n00binio
Reports are that Scheider has been disqualified already

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 04, 2015 02:43AM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Agree with the ultimate penalty, however Merc cannot be seen as innocent here. These Bully-boy tactics are pathetic, and they can't be surprised that someone got fed up with it and punted them off. I'd have done the same in response to be honest :p

Gotta be honest though, I was laughing so hard when I saw this. Brilliantly executed from TSC.

Date: August 04, 2015 02:26PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
ipswich2007 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agree with the ultimate penalty, however Merc
> cannot be seen as innocent here. These Bully-boy
> tactics are pathetic, and they can't be surprised
> that someone got fed up with it and punted them
> off. I'd have done the same in response to be
> honest :p
>
> Gotta be honest though, I was laughing so hard
> when I saw this. Brilliantly executed from TSC.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one. Had to laugh pretty hard too :D

All talking about how that Audi-move damaged DTM's and Audi's reputation. Have to say: DTM has a reputation? Have stopped watching it long ago, only heard about it again because of that crash. And I may be in the minority but Audi gained reputation with me for that action. Can't stand Merc anymore, used to be favoring them in DTM but they be talking about "nah we don't do stallorder, would never do that" and yet ... . While I still love the looks of their cars, I couldn't have more antipathy against their behavior on track. Not so much the drivers but the guys behind the pitwall.

The penalty is mandatory, the discussion over that radiotransmission is ok, but I sure hope Audi doesn't completely get destroyed over this incident. Looking at what Merc is able to achieve however (they were allowed to develop their car through the whole year 2014 because they were so far behind. Looking at the results why isn't BMW allowed the same? That and quite a few other achievements...) I don't have much hope...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy