Getting to Silverstone

Posted by torana_05 
Getting to Silverstone
Date: September 19, 2013 11:12PM
Posted by: torana_05
G'day Just wanting to know how to get to silverstone from london via public transport. I want to go next week for the btcc event. I have googled it and only came up ways to get there for the gp, ie megabus specials driect to the circuit etc. The silverstone website only says to go to towns around silverstone and then what highway to take. Is there a easy way to get there as i have found a train from london to milton keynes for 5 pounds. and i am keen to book that asap to get it for that price. any help would be awesome. thanks

Re: Getting to Silverstone
Date: September 24, 2013 10:33PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Hmmm...not easy on a Sunday I'm afraid. Don't think there are any buses on a Sunday through Silverstone.

The best way is by train to Northampton, bus to Towcester then a taxi to Silverstone. Even then you'd probably not get there until lunchtime missing the morning action.

Hiring a car might be an easier option (if you can!)

Well worth it if you can make it. BTCC is excellent entertainment. Was at Rockingham at the last round and it was superb.

And wrap up warm if you do go...those grandstands at Silverstone feel pretty bleak in late September.

Love it though...I'm hoping to be there!

For future reference, Rockingham is probably the easiest circuit to get to for public transport. Corby train station looks like it's only a mile or two away from the circuit. Easily walkable if you're up for it!
Re: Getting to Silverstone
Date: September 28, 2013 11:35AM
Posted by: J i m
Hmm..

I'm not sure about public transport, because I've always driven. But as has been pointed out.. there are less services running on a Sunday.

Depending on funds.. I'd suggest train from London to Milton Keynes, then taxi to the circuit. That will be quite expensive but there are probably relatively few options.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy