belini farewell

Posted by belini 
belini farewell
Date: March 21, 2011 07:19AM
Posted by: belini
UPDATE - 28/03/2011
I've created a fix folder for missing or corrupted files

hi all

sadly the belini pit door has finally closed for the last time, it's been great fun and at
times challenging and I thank you all for you're appreciation of my work. I've been
editing grandprix games now for over 17 years, and it's time to retire and enjoy
some racing.

a little belini background info:
I first started editing f1 grandprix, then onto gp2 producing the very first edited track
for gp2 (monza '68 - john doe) a crude attempt but it worked, then released belini fantasy
tracks for gp2 and carsets, onto gp3 carsets and a handful of gp3/gp32k tracks. the belini
grip patch was originally developed and released for gp4, but I've always preferred gp32k
physics so I embarked on the mammoth task of converting gp4 tracks to gp32k, I think it
took about 3 years, maybe longer, coincidently the last track I made for gp2 was donington
1937 and the last for gp32k donington 2010 (unfinished), so it neatly closes the circle.

for those of you curious, the belini name was stolen from the film "school for scoundrels".

to be honest I don't like the v8's, too much grip and not fun, I like even less, the tilke tracks,
I just couldn't bring myself to creating another tilke monstrosity, so to make up the 2010
season I've used donington 2010 as a replacement for south korea, it does have fully
programmed magic, it looks ok if a little bare.
the new patch
for the past year I've been working on a new version of the belini patch. seasons 2001 to 2010
use the new patch (see below for full details). I spent a lot of this time researching f1 engine torque
curves and bhp, the original torque curve has maximum torque way too high in the rev band hence
some of the reason why the slipstreaming in gpgames was so unrealistic, I also solved a lot of loose
ends that were bugging me.

seasons 2001/2010 torque curves are completely reprogrammed and individual to each season,
optimum bhp is always that of the championship drivers, see data folder for performance files.

I don't have the time to do 1996 to 2000, so these still use the v7 physics and patch.

2001 to 2010 seasons don't have a patch, the data programmed is too great and time consuming
to create patches so there's an exe for each season. all tracks have been updated (too many changes
to list).

VERY IMPORTANT
you must use the physics for the specified season for the game to run correctly

more uploads:
I've uploaded my psp templates to gp3 misc.graphics
also uploaded my test track, belini speedrome, (gp3 fictional tracks) a track I created especially to test
the new slipstream patch, a flat out blast through the countryside, magic is programmed for 2010 season.

I've uploaded everything here:
[www.4shared.com]

it's a bit of a mish mash, I had intended to make it so you could download a specific season, but
time etc...... so you'll need all the files to run properly

there's no help files, if you're unsure where things go, the structure is the same as all belini releases,
if still confused just ask on the forum someone will be able to help you.

I'm looking forward first practice at melbourne, I can now turn off and not have to make any mental
notes of any new curbs or advertising etc, it'll be a bit wierd at first and may take some getting used
to :)

I'll keep checking the forum and try and answer any questions, please be patient, it may not be
immediate!!!

whats new seasons 2001 to 2010:
reprogrammed engine torque curve (season specific)
rev limit (season specific)
new slipstreaming patch
realistic fuel penalty
random grip now works properly for player
new physics include tyre and downforce coefficient/drag values (season specific)
IMPORTANT all seasons require the correct physics file for game to run properly (folder belini/year/data)
car shape (season specific)
cockpit shape and view (season specific)
improved pit stop routine 2001/2009
2010 full fuel pit stop routine
increased braking distance, now fuel dependent
decreased players wet grip to match ai
ai now stay closer before pulling out of slipstream
all tracks use the same player grip value (15900)
all tracks new pit timing box shape and graphics
max practice laps set to 90
4 season performance files per season tracks are prefixed ie: 207istanbul2010.dat uses 2010_2.txt or 2010_2F.txt
all seasons programmed for ace level
you can find season sets in season folder, need paths editing
I've probably missed out something!!!

new gpxpatch wheel and revs panel (season specific)

missed some visor stuff out, re-upped visors, 17:40pm 21st march, please
replace if you've downloaded before this time

cinfo panel order:
belini\belini wheel\2009_2010_17800.ini
belini\belini wheel\2007 - 2010 belini wheel pits.ini
belini\belini wheel\2007 - 2010 belini wheel track.ini
belini\belini visor\rain\visor rain.ini
belini\belini visor\dirt\visor dirt.ini
belini\belini visor\monacovisoralpha.ini
belini\belini visor\2010\2010visor.ini
belini\belini visor\2010\helmet pits_2010.ini
belini\belini visor\helmet.ini

look me up if you subscribe to iracing, you can find spinning away my time on the ford spec racer or trying to keep
the lotus 79 on the track:):(

enjoy:)
pk

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 09:08PM by belini.
Re: belini farewell
Date: March 21, 2011 08:16AM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you Paul for all those amazing files over the years. It was always great what you've done for gp3 and gp3 2000. I can understand that you need to rest from editing, but i hope you'll return one day and we all can enjoy new updates from you again :). It's sad that you leave now, but i hope it won't be forever. On the other hand i wish you all the best and enjoy your freetime :)
Date: March 21, 2011 08:32AM
Posted by: mortal
Thanks for all your GP creations, enjoy your free time mate. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 21, 2011 10:38AM
Posted by: drafi5
Thank you very much for all your works, Paul, you made GP3 2k a much better game with all your addons and tracks, so hope to see you around
again and maybe we will meet at iracing...

Happy racing from Germany
Helmut.

Date: March 21, 2011 02:05PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
belini, you are a legend to the GP3 community.

thank you for all of your hard work over the years, i want you to know that it is very much appreciated.

your work has been of incredible detail.

good luck with anything you chose to do in the future

and most of all, enjoy youre free time.

all the best

Date: March 21, 2011 03:54PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
I can't belive it! You leave us alone!:(
But i understand, and i can only say: THANKS!
Claudio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2011 07:54PM by savinaclaudio.
Date: March 21, 2011 05:59PM
Posted by: phatdaddy
Thank you for all of your hard work. But of course you know you will be back.;-) They always come back. hot So heres a cold one for ya (B)

Date: March 21, 2011 06:42PM
Posted by: belini
missed some visor stuff out, re-upped visors, 17:40pm 21st march, please
replace if you've downloaded before this time

pk

Date: March 21, 2011 08:22PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
It's official: GP3 is dead...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: March 21, 2011 10:05PM
Posted by: SENNA0811
Sad news for GP3 community...
Thanks for your 15 fantastic F1 seasons and your help!!!
Manu
Date: March 21, 2011 11:07PM
Posted by: jyceZZ9
Thank you for all your great work !
I wish you the best.

Jycé
Date: March 21, 2011 11:30PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Thx Paul for everything, you will still be the Robin Hood of GP3 2K the master of Nottingham.
Hope you enjoy your rest and enjoy racing yourself, you earned it.

hope you visit us from time to time, just to see and read what is happening...

thx again my friend,

Marcus

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 21, 2011 11:40PM
Posted by: john-nicholas
wow...best of luck to you!

i'm pretty sure I have all of your carsets for gp2 :) and everything else. bought the belini trackpacks. loved'em. great additons to the sim. i'm pretty sure you made the 1997 season all the better with all the carset updates, allowing us to replay the season almost as it happened. good times :)

take care.
Date: March 22, 2011 04:41AM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
more uploads:
I've uploaded my psp templates to gp3 misc.graphics

Where are them?

Found them... Sorry... ^^"

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2011 04:50AM by ErickVonDraxeler.
Date: March 22, 2011 06:33AM
Posted by: quickslick
you can find them here [www.grandprixgames.org] Erick :)
Date: March 22, 2011 05:47PM
Posted by: Dinga
Enjoy the break Paul - I know what you mean by sitting with a notepad having updated a couple of tracks myself, and nowhere near to the standard of your brilliant work. A massive thankyou for all the updates over the years, they'll be sorely missed. You've single handedly transformed GP3 2K into your own personal masterpiece. If you're ever in North Yorkshire, drop us a line and I'll buy you a well deserved beer or two(B)(B). Bet you get twitchy this weekend:-)!!!

Date: March 22, 2011 06:48PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Paul, thanks very much for all your work. Outstanding!
Date: March 22, 2011 06:55PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thanks Paul :)
Date: March 23, 2011 12:18AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Some say that Geoff Crammond plans to have revenge on him, because he created a completely new game based on his own. And some say, that he wouldn't resist making more and more patches for this amazing game.

All we know is.... he's called BELINI.

You're awesome man, GPG is going to miss you a lot. I don't want to say bye, just, see you soon. :-)
Happy Holidays (B)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: March 23, 2011 12:47AM
Posted by: abdelkader
Oh...another legend has retired.
Thanks for all your magic stuff, Belini :) Hope you're going to strike us with some more updates one sunny day :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy