Help needed - GP3 Crashes

Posted by cynic 
Help needed - GP3 Crashes
Date: January 05, 2003 09:36AM
Posted by: cynic
Guys,

Finally bought a new system (Athlon XP2100, 512mb, GE Force Ti4600, Sound Blaster Audigy, Windows XP).

GP3 is installed and running (patched to 1.13 with GPxpatch, etc etc).

My problem is this. When watching replays from the trackside cam, the moment that 2 or more cars get together in what looks like will be a sizeable crash, the game crashes to desktop. It also happened once while driving in the regular cockpit view at Hockenheim. I took off over the back of another car and......crash to desktop!

Any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cynic.
Re: Help needed - GP3 Crashes
Date: January 05, 2003 11:09AM
Posted by: Ellis
Are you using a new carshape? I folund that sme new carshapes crash my game when theres any damage involved

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 05, 2003 11:47AM
Posted by: simonsteele
erm, don't crash ;)

Date: January 05, 2003 12:04PM
Posted by: Vader
I folund that sme

Yes, I do that from time to time myself ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 05, 2003 01:46PM
Ellis - I am indeed using a new car shape - well if you call 1982 new that is lol. I guess I should pop the default shape back in and see if I get any problems.

BTW, with respect to the car editor, what exactly does the advanced exporting do? Could this be the problem?

Jaq-ass - excellent advice my friend. Will try and keep it on the grey stuff in future.

Many thanks.

Cynic
Date: January 05, 2003 01:49PM
Posted by: bigears
Hmm, I just finished my 1982 season. The front wingless carshape makes my game crash a lot. Now I am doing the 1981 season and it is running smoothly.

It must be to do with the carshape for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 05, 2003 01:54PM
yeah try the default shape and see what happens. I thinm the advanced exproting involves exporting wheel, helemt shapes, but does not effect the actaull car shape itself.

The front wingless carshape makes my game crash a lot

yup. GPx dont like big changes, altho GP4 can cope well

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 05, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: jonnyeol
So what's a reliable carshape then? Which ones are good and which ones are bad? I'm suffering the same problem, and have lost my original carshape along the lines somewhere, and reeeelllly want to avoid a full re-install.
Date: January 05, 2003 02:14PM
90% of the shapes on this site will be good. I recomend Ralph Hummerichs, but i dont think it comes seperate from his carset. his sites [www.emacf1.com]

Date: January 05, 2003 02:56PM
Posted by: jonnyeol
Well, I've just tried a host of carshaps, etc, and the game keeps on crashing. Could someone please e-mail me one which they know to be good, reliable and looks convincing on a late 90s-early 00s carset (I'm not too fussy about exactness, I just want one that lets me play the game!). I'm at:

jonny@eraseronline.com

Thanks.
Date: January 05, 2003 03:32PM
I replaced my 1982 car shape with a 1981 car shape and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Thanks for the excellent advice guys. You've made me a happy racer again.

Cynic.
Date: January 05, 2003 06:10PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The problem with the 1982 carshape is that it has no front wing.

This causes GP3 to crash when damage is indicated as occurring to this car part which does not exist in this carshape.

This problem can be easily solved by using GP3Master to change the damage for this car part to 0. If you do this, then you will be able to use the 1982 carshape with no further problems.
Date: January 06, 2003 03:18PM
JackiMatra - Thanks for the advice - i've edited the damage on the front wing to zero and that seems to have cured about 90% of the instability (I took to Hockenheim like a mad man to test it properly). Only 1 crash to desktop since when Mansell and Winklehock got together coming out of the tunnel at Monaco (Both Computer cars I hasten to add!).

But it is much, much better than it was. Thanks again.

Cynic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy