gp3-2000 carsets

Posted by ooleeeo 
gp3-2000 carsets
Date: April 14, 2010 04:46PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
can someone tell me where to download 2005 and pre-1996 season f1 carsets?

Kimi forever!
Re: gp3-2000 carsets
Date: April 14, 2010 07:34PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Not sure if any exist in fact. I did convert a 1984 carset from 1.13 to 2k and can package it if you want, but I don't recall if I ever sorted out the team art, so maybe it is just cars, cockpits etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 14, 2010 09:51PM
Posted by: reddwarf
how did you convert this? Have got loads of gp1.13 carsets i would like to convert!
Date: April 14, 2010 10:17PM
Time and patience my friend. Lots of clicking about with Jam Editor, lots of messing with custom-made *.set files, lots of clicks in the teamart converte, and so on. No easy way to do it unfortunately.

Anyway, just checked exactly what I have and its almost complete. Tyres have always been a bugbear of mine and I don't really care too much about them so I always use the Bridgestone's from the RH01 sets. Otherwise I have cars, helmets, cockpits, jackmen (no pitcrews though), shape, tracks (except I am missing Nur03 jams), performance (the only thing I actually did myself) and loading screens.

I can upload everything except the teamart/loading screens in one package if anyone is interested, its around 20MB and all credits should go to original authors of course. For the rest I don't know how to create a *.tas file but if someone can tell me I will also upload the teamart and loading screens ready to run. Otherwise it would unfortunately mean having to upload the *.bin file which even zipped is 40MB.

Anyway, will do this if the interest is there but first I will sort out the Nurburgring jams (oh, and fix Laffite's helmet as I added my own custom helmet to dive in the #6 Williams!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 15, 2010 06:40AM
I just want cars,doesn't matter if there is no teamart.

Kimi forever!
Date: April 15, 2010 07:30AM
Posted by: quickslick
hi Alan, maybe these are the missing jam files for you :) [www.mediafire.com]
Date: April 16, 2010 12:42AM
Yep, that's the one, many thanks for the upload :)

Date: April 27, 2010 05:41PM
I finally sorted the tyres so have put together a bumper 1984 package (64.7MB). Includes cars, cockpits, helmets, jackmen, performance, 17 tracks (the normal 16 plus Adelaide to fill slot 17), loading screens, teamart, carshape and a few setups. Just extract the rar to your main GP3 2000 Season folder, start GPxPatch a relive the 1984 season. The original loading screens are backed up in the rar.

Credits for the files should go to the original authors, it is something like this:
Cars, cockpis, helmets, tyres, jackmen by Rolland Fritsch
Team art by Rolland Fritsch (updated by JackieMatra)
Performance file and Macic data modifications by Alan Reidy
Track bitmaps by JackieMatra
Setups by Alan Reidy
Carshape by Pedro Miguel

Tracks:
Jacarepagua by LRDRLD
Kyalami by Arron Wood and Starchild
Zolder by Kees van Wijngaarden
Imola by Marc Aarts/Zieli
Dijon by Warren Jenks/Starchild/Zieli
Monaco by abcdefg
Montreal by abcdefg
Detriot by Italo Daru
Dallas by Roberto Scandura
Brands Hatch by PK Arnall
Hockenheim by abcdefg
Osterreichring by Steffen Häuser/Schubert Cardozo/Bruno Guordi/Tom Stuhrmann
Zandvoort by Kees van Wijngaarden (updated by abcdefg)
Monza by abcdefg
Nurburgring by Marcos Togni (updated by abcdefg)
Estoril by Frank Hentschel/Alexander Dietze (updated by abcdefg)
Adelaide by Paul Schiller

[www.mediafire.com]

And if anyone is pissed at me for uploading this without permissions, sorry. No original work has been changed except MD2 files, it is just repackaged for convenient use with GP3 2k. I will remove it if requested.

Finally, if there are no complaints then perhaps somebody with a login can upload to this website rather than having to trust an unreliable free hosting site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 01:08AM by St.Hubbins.
Date: April 27, 2010 06:08PM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you Alan :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 06:10PM by quickslick.
Date: April 27, 2010 10:06PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Thanks so much for your work. Stunning.
Date: April 28, 2010 02:53AM
Posted by: auscain
Hi St.Hubbins and thanks 1984 PAC cool.

As I change files I like to include the original readme file that shipped with the tracks or the mod. I generally change the name to be more descriptive and then place it in the folder Grand Prix 3 or Grand Prix 4. It just makes it easy for me to remember who built it and how fantastic their work is.

You could pack a text file with the winRAR, like I did was this pack. Just a suggestion:-)
Thank you for putting it together its much appreciated.
Date: April 28, 2010 03:27AM
You are right, I should have included some sort of readme at the very least.

If someone does upload this to GPG then please shove in a text file with what I wrote above :)

Date: April 29, 2010 12:13AM
I have now uploaded a conversion of Rolland's 1983 carset for use with GP3 2000. Only the basics included this time, no tracks or loading screens. Art-Tool 2000 required to install team art.

Same applies as before regarding credits.

Download from [www.mediafire.com]

I will convert 1982 next, and then will be open to requests for future season conversions although I would prefer to focus on 70s and 80 sets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 01:09AM by St.Hubbins.
Date: April 29, 2010 02:26AM
1982 - [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 01:10AM by St.Hubbins.
Date: April 29, 2010 08:14AM
absolutely amazing,please to the 90's as well upto 1995.

Kimi forever!
Date: April 30, 2010 12:55AM
Conversion of by Perran Truran's 1985 carset - [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 01:09AM by St.Hubbins.
Date: April 30, 2010 01:58AM
Posted by: harjinator
i may be wrong with this, but i'm sure using CarsetCreator (i think the tool is called?!) you can import from GP3 and then export to 2000. It's been years since i looked though, so i might be talking rubbish.

Thanks to st. hubbins for the packs though - always nice to see packages to make life easier!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 02, 2010 02:14AM
2005 is here, as mentioned in another thread - [www.megaupload.com]

Date: May 03, 2010 03:22AM
1986 carset now available - [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 01:10AM by St.Hubbins.
Date: May 03, 2010 11:18AM
Posted by: Yam Graham
Thanks for the sets........very much apprieciated.
Keep up the good work.
Funny enough I started with 1986 on GP3.......and carried on.
Turned over to 2K from 2000 onwards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy