Windows XP Users here.....

Posted by Beardless2 
Windows XP Users here.....
Date: February 13, 2002 08:04AM
Posted by: Beardless2
I am seriously considering formating my HD and going from win me to win xp. You guys that use it, can u give me some info on not only how GP3 performs but other games like H/L, RTCW and general things like office and internet. I heard most of the drivers for things like printers/webcams come on the cd, is this true?

Re: Windows XP Users here.....
Date: February 13, 2002 08:05AM
Posted by: Vader
Win me? That must be a clear mistake. I never said you could win me.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 13, 2002 08:13AM
haha vader, but plz dont fill this post with useless stuff, only win xp plz

Date: February 13, 2002 12:03PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Right, i wont tell you bout all the problems i have had with XP cos most of them come from my procrssor being pish.

GP3 runs excellent on XP Pro, BUT check your graphics card is compatible, cos mine isnt with XP anbd this means everything i run in XP has to in sW mode. Check compatibiblity with all software and hardware on your comp before installing, cos compatibility mode in XP does nothing.

GP3 2000 is another matter, some people have it running great, but other (like me) get a PO of over 700% most of the time.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 13, 2002 03:17PM
Posted by: Zcott
I think that if you have a reasonably modern computer (probably a 600mhz machine is modern enough) then it'll be fine. I had to install Win98 on a machine yesterday, and it was just horrible compared to XP. The joy of XP is that you rarely have to install drivers for anything. I didn't have to install one driver for my hardware to work. Not only was it working fine, but XP is also *very* stable. You'll try hard to crash it.

GP3-2000 ran great on the system I had XP on, which was a PIII 500mhz machine. I do really like XP compared to any other MS OS. It's really a great OS. Half-Life also runs great.

Yes, some people have had trouble with it (notably ellis) but I have nothing but praise for xp!
Date: February 15, 2002 05:09AM
*BUMP*

Date: February 15, 2002 02:08PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Want to know exactly what i think of XP? Read my sig pics

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 15, 2002 03:12PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy