GP3 crash - Windows XP

Posted by abdelkader 
GP3 crash - Windows XP
Date: September 25, 2006 12:15PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi!

It was once said that Gp3 crashes from time to time when played under Windows XP.

It was also said that it is not the graphic card to put the blame on, but Windows Xp itself, because there is SOMETHING wrong with this edition of Windows

So, tell me... What is this SOMETHING about Windows XP. What EXACTLY is wrong with XP? What exactly causes problems with Grand Prix 3?

Maybe there is a patch which fixes Windows XP and subsequently diminishes problems with Grand Prix 3?

By the way... has any of you tried to run Gp3 under Windows 95? I know it's an archaic thing... but you know... just asking :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2006 12:23PM by abdelkader.
Re: GP3 crash - Windows XP
Date: September 25, 2006 05:26PM
Posted by: nvooght
Realy i never new it did that i just thought that it was just another thing thats wrong with my big list of gp3 not working properly (must get rid of it on a mental note...) mine crashes quite alot (XP)
Date: September 25, 2006 08:36PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Win XP requires tighter conformity to Microshaft rules than Win98/DOS did. GP3, in it's basic CD format runs okay in XP but most mods that load via GPxPatch cause XP to quake. Answer: Set the gp3.exe file to run in WIn98/ME emulation.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: September 25, 2006 09:08PM
Brianf666 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Win XP requires tighter conformity to Microshaft rules than Win98/DOS
> did. GP3, in it's basic CD format runs okay in XP but most mods that
> load via GPxPatch cause XP to quake. Answer: Set the gp3.exe file to
> run in WIn98/ME emulation.
>
> Nico bites yer tyres!

I have already done it before. It still caused some problems... what did I do?... ATTENTION... I have set gp3.exe to run in Windows 95 emulation mode!

It hasn't helped me successfully, though.

Now I have set all the details to the absolute minimal parameters, I have also set RCR Distances in GPxPatch to "0" each.

Now my GP3 looks extremely terrible (worse than the old games for Commodore) but my GP3 happens to have gained stability which it lacked before.

You may say, that it ain't a pleasure to play with undetailed tracks and cars, but I have got used to hardly detailed games as I love good, old stuff .

Finally I can drive along without a shadow of fear that my GP3 would crash in a minute... at least ,hope so ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2006 09:16PM by abdelkader.
Date: September 26, 2006 02:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I run gp3 on XP fine :|
Date: September 26, 2006 02:33PM
Do you use any mods downloaded from the internet (carsets, tracks, GPxPatch, etc.)?

You gotta know that my GP3 works fine on XP as well, provided, it isn't modified with patches and mods.

When I try to install a carset ,livery or whatever, I am sure that sooner or later the game will crash.

If you use mods and despite it, the game works fine maybe you have a "specific" copy of Windows;-)

What's your graphic card, and did you install any add-ons of Microsoft for Windows XP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2006 02:36PM by abdelkader.
Date: September 26, 2006 03:11PM
Posted by: marcosgp
My GP3 works fine on XP as well and with all mods downloaded from the internet (carsets, tracks, GPxPatch, etc)
I have the first original GP3 and the Windows XP home edition.
Maybe your Gp3 crashes by video/card problems.
Date: September 26, 2006 03:19PM
I don't know... maybe it's the video card...
At this point Ireally don't know what might it be:-|

Date: October 16, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: Duncan Idaho
I have problems too, I have no idea why. It is annoying, so I just migrated to GP4.

---------------------------

My Video Game Collection (Missing NES/SNES games)
Date: August 25, 2020 09:34PM
Posted by: belies
On MY AMD-ATI-XP-AM3+ all Ok

Bud on my AMD-ATI-XP-AM2+, i also got Crashes when i exit only the Training Session.

Set it to 2000, the Same.

98, work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2020 04:31PM by belies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy