Grand Prix 3 graphics problem

Posted by Titus03 
Grand Prix 3 graphics problem
Date: September 17, 2006 11:08PM
Posted by: Titus03
I have moved from Win98 SE to WinXP (SP2) and after that Grand Prix 3's graphics corrupted. There are now blue edges on the left side of steering wheel and behind some tree-textures there are blue boxes. I am running the game with ATI Radeon 9800Pro with Catalyst 6.8 drivers. Graphics were normal in Windows 98 SE and Catalyst 6.2 drivers. I am using HW-mode. Software works perfect.

Anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Re: Grand Prix 3 graphics problem
Date: September 18, 2006 10:16AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Like it says in the FAQ (I think) run the game (gp3.exe) in win98 compatibility mode. That sorts out most problems. I run it on a Radeon 9600 with Catalyst 5.3 and no trouble apart from the usual overload return to desktop when I manage a big pile-up.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: September 18, 2006 01:26PM
Posted by: harjinator
After sifting through 20 pages of the forum (i knew i'd seen this problem before), i have another suggestion if the tip above doesn't work. In your GP3 folder, there's a file called cards.txt and a file called readme.txt. in the readme, there's a section called flags, which you can paste into the cards.txt file. There's a flag which claims to fix cyan bits around objects, which may be what you're after.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: September 18, 2006 09:11PM
Posted by: BenF1
I had this problem on my old PC after installing new drivers for my Intel Chipset. I can only think it may be your gfx card but I may be wrong.

[www.myspace.com]
Date: September 22, 2006 03:12PM
Posted by: Titus03
Thanks for answers.

Did I get it right?

My cards.txt:

[general]

[RADEON 9800 PRO ]
altcolorkey=0

[RADEON 9800 PRO ]
altcolorkey=0
Date: September 24, 2006 02:42PM
Posted by: harjinator
yeah, think i may be leading you on a wild goose chase... the options to change are actually in th readme.txt. I'll try and post an example later

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy