CMagic help for an oldie

Posted by Nikon 
CMagic help for an oldie
Date: August 30, 2006 06:53PM
Posted by: Nikon
Hi guys

I'm new to GP3 and I'm having trouble finding what I'm after and certainly have tried to search first.

All I want to do is create a 0% chance of rain for a GP3 season.
I have used CMagic and have managed to extract the magic files for all the 17 circuits from the GP3 exe file. I have opened them with a text editor and can easily change what I would like.

The problem I have, is how do I get this data back into the game? I have searched and read as much as I could find on the forum and played with CMagic pressing buttons and trying to load the magic files but have no idea how to get them back into the game using CMagic. Can you load these text files back into the GP3 exe file? How is this done?

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm 62 and really enjoying GP3 and but this element has me totally baffled. I'm not even sure if what I'm trying to do can be done?

Thanks.
Re: CMagic help for an oldie
Date: August 30, 2006 09:37PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Select the required track.dat in the top box, select the modified .md file in the bottom box and click the 'Insert data' button. You are then done. The only problem you might stumble across on your way is that having changed the md you may have saved it as a txt file. Be sure to save the file in the correct format. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: August 31, 2006 12:39AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Nikon Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> All I want to do is create a 0% chance of rain for a GP3 season.

Just set the probability of rain to 0% on game options before starting your season. I don't get exactly why you want to do it via md-files.
Date: August 31, 2006 01:18AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I don't either.

As SuperSonic says, if you want the same percent rain probability for all races just set it to whatever you want in "Custom" weather. The game will then ignore the rain chance percentage in the magic data files and use whatever percentage you specify instead.

Perhaps the difficulty is that the game won't let you change the figures in a championship season?
If this is the case, then change the race type to non-championship race, make your changes, then change race type to championship season, and your changes will remain in effect.
Date: August 31, 2006 08:28AM
Posted by: Nikon
St.Hubbins Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Select the required track.dat in the top box, select the modified .md
> file in the bottom box and click the 'Insert data' button. You are
> then done. The only problem you might stumble across on your way is
> that having changed the md you may have saved it as a txt file. Be
> sure to save the file in the correct format.

I have managed to do it now.

I was trying to drive a Championship season and it didn't allow me to change the weather.
I have managed to change it via CMagic with the help given

and

Supersonic

You have also given me another method of which I did not know about.

Thanks heaps everyone, you have been a great help! Picking up this game so late and learning how to use all the great addons is hard stuff at my age! lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy