GP3 very slow on ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Posted by Titus03 
GP3 very slow on ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Date: January 20, 2006 09:02PM
Posted by: Titus03
I have updated my GFX card from Geforce 3 to Radeon 9800 Pro. On my old GF3 the game was very smooth and processor occupancy was always under 100%, even in wet races, but now with Radeon 9800 Pro I use same graphics settings (Hardware-mode)and in cockpit-view the game is very slow, about 600% of processor occupancy. When switching the behind-car camera, processor occupancy is about 100% during a dry race. TV-view is also quite slow. I have the newest Catalyst-drivers for my Radeon. Is there any other users who had similar problems and solved them?

The Software-mode runs fine on both cards.

Thanks.
Re: GP3 very slow on ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Date: January 21, 2006 02:40PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Make sure AA nad AF quality settings for your gfx card are set to their lowest.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 21, 2006 09:44PM
Posted by: goeland92
Gp3 works fine with my Radeon 9550.
Date: January 22, 2006 03:12AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
This topic has nothing to do with the Radeon 9550 though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy