Most fun had on racing game.

Posted by Owain_Shaw 
Most fun had on racing game.
Date: February 11, 2002 07:29AM
Posted by: Owain_Shaw
Hi

Ive got a couple that stand out. One was me and a mate on a splitscreen gt3 race, in the Indy cars, at test course, we would go off at the outer crash barrier, i would jump a mile, land backwards, once i landed right infront of Aaron, slid backwards and managed to get it back round with a huge lead. The replay of that was really pretty funny to watch from on board his car, this car lands infront of you sliding backwards at over 200mph and Aaron when we were playing said "holy ----" as i came down.

The other was at Bathurst on GP3 and me and Ricky were putting the car on oversteer setups and I came out one of the corners which with a normal (default) setup I take flat, forgot about setup and the car lurched sideways, stayed on throttle, oversteer, got it round then had to stand on the brakes for the dipper:)

There are others, me and Ricky in TVR Speed 12s at Laguna Seca on gt3, 20 lap race and we passed about 50 times, some were amazing ones on the outside and we got side by side all the way through the corkscrew which was an achievment.

Owain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

A winter day conversation with Katherine Uphill
Re: Most fun had on racing game.
Date: February 11, 2002 08:44AM
Posted by: Habi
The most funny moments in racing games are crashes, that's completely right.
Everytime i crash in GP3, i look at the replay and i - sometimes - laugh when i see my car rolling and destroying other cars :)

I also watch my replays of overtaking. Sometimes its really spectacular ;)

Date: February 11, 2002 09:25AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
"The most funny moments in racing games are crashes, that's completely right.
Everytime i crash in GP3, i look at the replay and i - sometimes - laugh when i see my car rolling and destroying other cars :)
I also watch my replays of overtaking. Sometimes its really spectacular ;)"

I do just the same Habi

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: February 11, 2002 09:28AM
Posted by: Chris Burkitt
Yeah crashin is fun, i suspect completeing a full - length race, battling every lap for the lead and winning with an amazing overtaking manover in the last corner would be pretty good aswell, but i dont have the time for that. Maybe some day when im old and retired :D

Date: February 11, 2002 09:34AM
Posted by: _Alex_
It has to be either the 4-player link-up I did with some mates with TOCA 2 a while back, or the 2-player link-up on the original F1 game on the PS. Particularly the latter, it's faaaaaaaaaaantastic fun, the racing was so close and it was so tense and exciting! One race we (me, my bro. and his mate) did at Estoril saw us nose to tail around the Parabolica on the last lap, I was behind, I drew along side down the straight, my bro. closed across and we clashed, slowed each other up and ended up crossing the line something like 0.02 seconds apart! And I had won!

On TOCA 2, a fault in the linking made for some great fun, as my brother actually managed to nurf off my friend who was entering Copse corner at Silverstone, while he himself was actually in Luffield at the other end of the straight! Funny stuff! Multi-player always brings the best thrills.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 11, 2002 02:14PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

4 player on TOCA 2 is amazing, despite the crappy graphics

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 11, 2002 02:45PM
I was on TOCA 2 today, something sparked me to do it. Donnington I always get pushed off at redgate on lap one and on hard mode it is quite difficult to make up the 20 odd seconds you loose, in easy mode i can do it within a lap. This is full circuit, Came up to the esses, left hander, 2 fords passed on outside, right hander, a honda and an audi passed on outside. The satisfaction of that, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

Date: February 11, 2002 04:56PM
Posted by: LS.
i loved toca 2, shame it codemaster won't do an official toca 3 license, what with the advances in forcefeedback and the nvidia chipset, i think a all new official toca license would go be very popular

amongst the plethora of formula 1 and rally games, theres always room for the tintops

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 11, 2002 05:42PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well its gotta be GPL online, on Vroc, me and my mate talk on icq or msn then go join a race and race its cool
Date: February 12, 2002 05:26AM
TOCA Race Driver does have the liscences i think.

"Cold today"
"Nope"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy