GP3 vs. RealPlayer Compatibility

Posted by Marco 
GP3 vs. RealPlayer Compatibility
Date: February 10, 2002 11:42PM
Posted by: Marco
Hi,

After installing Realplayer Basic, my GP3 crashes just before the introduction video.

Is there any compatibility issue between GP3 and RealPlayer? Which video format is used for the GP3 intro?

I'm not a windows expert, do you know which steps I should follow?

Can the intro be skipped?

Thanks a lot.

Marco
Re: GP3 vs. RealPlayer Compatibility
Date: February 11, 2002 12:06AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

It certainly can be skipped. Go to the Gp3 Directory, and find the movies folder. Simply delete the intro movie. Everyone wins this way, you avoid ur problem, u save time starting up the game, and you get more room on ur hard drive.

And no, the game itself is not affected in any way by deleting this movie. IT simply moves to the next screen.

Alternatively, you could use GpxPatch, and click the option that allows you to skip the start up intro.

Lots of options!

Date: February 11, 2002 05:32AM
Posted by: Owain_Shaw
im forced to use real player basic for my music now real jukebox keeps performing illegal opps everytime i try and load it:( It can only play on track ina playlist:(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

A winter day conversation with Katherine Uphill
Date: February 11, 2002 09:00AM
Posted by: Habi
delete the damn thing, its no good :) :p

Real player supports .bik formats?

Date: February 11, 2002 02:21PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

You want bad? Windows Media Player, the one that comes with XP is so graphic intensive that the computer almost comes to a halt when trying to load videos.

For Music use Winamp, or FreeAmp

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 11, 2002 02:41PM
Posted by: _Alex_
I find Quicktime nicer - the quality is a lot better than Win Media Player, but it can't read as many files though :(

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 11, 2002 03:09PM
Posted by: Habi
Yeah winamp rules! :)

this is great

the codes, i mean!

Date: February 11, 2002 04:51PM
Posted by: Zcott
I gave up on Winamp after it was playing my CDs too quickly and crackling nastily. Bad stuff.

I'm now using RealOne...the integration of RealPlayer and RealJukebox. It's really quite delicious to use, but it helps if you have a lot of RAM. I much prefer it to Winamp!
Date: February 12, 2002 12:58PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I use the CD Player that came with WinME to play my CDs. Winamp takes to long to change track then, like Zcott says jumps, but for MP3's and other files on the HD is great. Also try FreeAmp (your right Habi, these codes rock :) )

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy