GP3 download

Posted by Fisienthusiast 
GP3 download
Date: June 11, 2021 10:22PM
Posted by: Fisienthusiast
Hi all,

Only just discovered there is a GP3 section to this site! Is there a download link for GP3 for windows 10 without the need for the disc? (My laptop does not have ability to insert a disc)

Hope to hear back soon!
Re: GP3 download
Date: June 11, 2021 10:55PM
Posted by: pippozzo
if your laptop has not a dvd drive at all, you should use the GP3noCD utility, but for installation you should use a virtual cdrom device.
Windows 10 is able to mount the iso files from a usb for storage, for i.e, just clicking on it.
for early versions of windows you can use virtualcd or magicdisk.
the important thing you need have a virtual drive mounted when you play, because if not also GP3 with nocd utility raise an error if there is no cd/dvd drive in the system.
GP3 needs anyway a cd drive.
Date: June 12, 2021 12:44AM
Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me - where would I find a link to download GP3noCD?
Date: June 12, 2021 09:17AM
Date: June 12, 2021 11:30AM
Hi, I had already tried those - every time it says "patch did not work as GP3 not installed" and when I try and open gp3 after extracting it it tells me

"The code execution cannot procced because beinkw32.dll was not found"

what does this mean? Surely I am doing something wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2021 11:32AM by Fisienthusiast.
Date: June 12, 2021 02:28PM
ok, I may be a bit confused.
Let me distinguish 2 problems:

1. windows virtual cd drive (you need anyway to play with Gp3, also if you have patched GP3noCD. Typically windows 8 or 10 can mount a disc dvd by an iso, any iso, it will create he virtual drive and mount in it. Windows 7 you can install MagicDisc for that (the app will create a virtual drive letter where you can mount the iso image). Anyway, for this problem you will need the system have a cd/dvd drive letter.

2. For gp3 nocd (utility to play in gp3 without gp3 cd needed, but you need to have a cd drive in the system) , install gp3 (Full mode), by the link above get the gp3 113.zip (unzip/overwrite the file gp3 version 1.13 over the 1.00 in the folder of the game). then you do not need the cd/iso file of gp3 inserted/mounted to play. It should start without.
Date: June 12, 2021 02:40PM
Hi,

There is no disk drive on my laptop. I have windows 10. I mouted the disk after downloading GP4 and installing it so I know what to do when I get to that stage

My problem is when I download any and all of those links it will not install - literally nothing happens
Date: June 12, 2021 02:54PM
here you are the link. download and overwrite your gp3.exe file.

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 12, 2021 02:56PM
Posted by: SuperCim
You have to create a virtual CD-ROM drive, as Pippozzo told you.

After creating it, enter in this, for example:

V:

GP3 to install, and then you install it for example in:

c: \ Games \ Grand Prix 3

Try to install my work, follow the instructions:

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 12, 2021 02:57PM
Hi, I already downloaded that, I get this message every time I try and install

[imgur.com]
Date: June 12, 2021 03:11PM
Aha now wea ret alking, your main intall link is working...will let you know how it goes.

Thank you both so much for your time, it can be frustrating to explain things such as this without seeing the issues I face first hand!
Date: June 12, 2021 03:22PM
Ok this looks like it worked, but the screen resolution keeps messing around and the graphics do not callibrate well (they worked fine on gp4) is there an update I now need to download? The problem is if I try and open the patches I downloaded it still says I cannot open them.
Date: June 12, 2021 10:14PM
Hi, so it installed and I am able to access everything, just game play is extremly slow, like the lights to start a GP take 2 minutes, slow wheel spin and then the game crashes. I must have gone wrong somewhere?
Date: June 13, 2021 10:01AM
You should use a DirectX wrap as dgVoodoo or DxWnd tool, because windows 8 and 10 drivers are not more compatible with old direct x .
You can find the video tutorial here.
[www.youtube.com]

if you are using DxWnd
you can find the details for settings in here:

[drive.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2021 10:41AM by pippozzo.
Date: June 15, 2021 06:27PM
Thanks will look into these! Which would you recommend for a windows 10 laptop?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy