Oldie/Newbie here!

Posted by nikmondo 
Oldie/Newbie here!
Date: January 01, 2021 03:24PM
Posted by: nikmondo
Hi guys!

I don't think i've logged into this site for about 10 years and had to reactivate my account! Anyways, recently whilst clearing out a room, i found my old GP3 CD which brought a big smile to my face!

Now I have a fairly powerful Acer Helios Predator Win 10 laptop so i thought i'd see if the game would work.......and low and behold it only bloody did! It's not perfect but if i run the game on 3d software mode it runs pretty well! The only issue i get is when it rains, the laptop or game just can't handle the spray and the game crashes back to my desktop. I did try and use the dgvoodoo idea in order to get the game to run better but it still doesn't work as well as the software 3d graphics mode although, it does allow me to run the game in full screen mode and I now no longer require a CD......yet it still crashes when it's raining.

So, as this site has many many old posts and updates and patches for old versions of windows, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for recent updates and editors which work? I'd love to install different cars sets from other seasons, i'd like to install new tracks and also edit performance etc and add better timing graphics. Years ago i remember driving around brands hatch doing some crazy speeds which caused mental crashes!

I appreciate any help you guys could throw at me!

*i think i've got the latest version of GPX patch (version 4.52)??
Re: Oldie/Newbie here!
Date: January 01, 2021 03:31PM
P.s HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!
Date: January 01, 2021 04:24PM
Posted by: pippozzo
Hello Nik, welcome back and Happy new year.
I think you shouldn't run GP3 game with software 3D drivers, but you need to configure with hardware 3d ( selecting your really model GpU in the game, I think also the panels of GpXPatch cannot work in software3D) , but with windows 8 and
later you need run it with DgVoodoo ( it require powerful PC, but I think yours fits very well), or try the dxWnd solution , find here some guide screenshot for settings.

[drive.google.com]

However, there is some difference you may would know about.
DgVoodoo can emulate very closing the model 3d GPU selected, using and overloading your CPU, so the game should be the same as configuration you setted in that GPU model.
DxWnd use your GPU actually, making a passthrough the windws10 directX drivers, using its directX old version, but with you GPU. Not sure all GPUs work fine with gp3/directX version.
I got some rendering trouble on intel HD2500/HD3000 models.
Try both, it DxWnd works fine keep that, cause is more fast and performance. Otherwise use DgVoodoo. Mind each executable needs Admin privileges to work fine in windows 8 and 10.
Another last:
on the executables of the game, in the GP3 folder, put them the windows XP SP2 compatibility, BUT NOT FOR the GpXPatch.exe .
Date: January 02, 2021 03:49PM
pippozzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Nik, welcome back and Happy new year.
> I think you shouldn't run GP3 game with software
> 3D drivers, but you need to configure with
> hardware 3d ( selecting your really model GpU in
> the game, I think also the panels of GpXPatch
> cannot work in software3D) , but with windows 8
> and
> later you need run it with DgVoodoo ( it require
> powerful PC, but I think yours fits very well), or
> try the dxWnd solution , find here some guide
> screenshot for settings.
>
> [drive.google.com]
> gPqYiri9LTpv2QE8LzU41W
>
> However, there is some difference you may would
> know about.
> DgVoodoo can emulate very closing the model 3d GPU
> selected, using and overloading your CPU, so the
> game should be the same as configuration you
> setted in that GPU model.
> DxWnd use your GPU actually, making a passthrough
> the windws10 directX drivers, using its directX
> old version, but with you GPU. Not sure all GPUs
> work fine with gp3/directX version.
> I got some rendering trouble on intel
> HD2500/HD3000 models.
> Try both, it DxWnd works fine keep that, cause is
> more fast and performance. Otherwise use DgVoodoo.
> Mind each executable needs Admin privileges to
> work fine in windows 8 and 10.
> Another last:
> on the executables of the game, in the GP3 folder,
> put them the windows XP SP2 compatibility, BUT NOT
> FOR the GpXPatch.exe .

Awesome buddy, thanks for that! I'll give it a go and report back. I did try the voodoo option which didn't seem to work.
Date: January 02, 2021 05:30PM
Okay so DxWnd works okay....it's a little temperamental with the odd game crash here and there (usually when there's a big accident in your mirrors) but it seems to run well in heavy rain conditions. It still runs in a window type mode....is there anyway of making it full screen at all?

I'm guessing if i update the game then i'd have to run the game using GPxpatch instead of this method?
Date: January 02, 2021 11:35PM
1. I m pretty sure it runs in full screen with those options I setted as showed my screenshots.
I don't know why it could run still in window. However, if there is some ratio aspect / full screen / adaptative ratio options in your GPU setting in the system (apart dxwnd), it may still run as window in the center screen ? have a check in your driver setting in windows.

2. If u see in the settings of images, in dxwnd you can set the executable and the launcher program. GpxPatch is the launch , instead the Name is the GP3.exe .
so when you click on the icon in the list of dxwnd apps, it will open the GpxPatch and from there you launch the game normally (but not close dxwnd) .
Date: January 03, 2021 01:49PM
I'll see if i can add a screenshot!

[drive.google.com]
Date: January 03, 2021 01:50PM
Ignore the white section as i've pasted it onto paint but it's defo in a window and all drivers are updated.
Date: January 03, 2021 03:01PM
hang on.
I have an idea.

download here the file exported from my dxwnd. You can upload into yours by command File->Import and select this.
This has got already done all settings. let's try.

[drive.google.com]

When imported you will find into your list another element. right click => Modify, Mind to set correct folder of your GP3 installation path.
then save the list and try to run from that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy