GP3 Hardcore Season @ YouTube (Also: Racing Engineers Wanted!)

Posted by PWM 
So some of you might know I've been doing 100% seasons of GP series on YouTube and just got finished with Grand Prix 2. So now it's time to move on to GP3!

I've been practicing quite a bit for the opening race at Melbourne but my pace has been quite disappointing thus far. I've been doing a lot of work with the car setup and my driving but have done little progress. So if you have any good tips I would really appreciate it! You can see my current setup and my driving on a "season preview" video here:

video: [youtu.be]

I do think the current setup is ok (a bit too much downforce on the video perhaps) and it's mostly my driving that has to improve. Of course you can make the car faster at the expense of diveability but I can't really take that approach since I'm doing 100% races hardcore style live on YouTube. One try, if I crash I'm done and so is everyone else :D So the car has to be quite easy and predictable.

Also as I mention on the video tire wear is a big issue for me. Does anyone know what's going on here? A setup issue? If I do 2 stops at Melbourne I really struggle at the end of the stints even if I try to be very smooth with the tires. Whereas some AI drivers pull a one stopper!

Also interesting that (at least in Melbourne) I always seem to have +5 extra laps of fuel left at the end of a stint so the fuel consumption seems to be way off. Dunno if it's just Melbourne or a common feature in the game?

But yeah thanks in advance. I feel quite a noob with GP3. It's been 20 years since I've really played it seriously so perhaps it all comes together at some point :)

-Ted Meat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy