F1 Track Error

Posted by BrunoFangio 
F1 Track Error
Date: October 12, 2019 11:38PM
Posted by: BrunoFangio
Hey guys,
I have a problem with every track I try to add to my gp3. Carshapes and liveries work well but when I add tracks for example Adelaide or Watkins Glen the adds or kerbs alongside the circuit don't appear and instead there are huge grey walls, same happens with pitboxes. (I'll try to upload a screenshot of the game so you can have a better look).
I don't use gpxpatch because it f#@ks up the game and makes it work really slow. Instead I installed the tracks as it says in the readme texts and copy/paste jam files in the correct places both in gp3jams, gp3jamsh and circuits files.

If it helps I have windows xp and no video card/graphic card (maybe that's the problem?).

Anyway...any help or advice will be welcome, a big thanks in advance :) :)

Have a great weekend and let's hope for a exciting race on Sunday
Re: F1 Track Error
Date: October 13, 2019 06:48AM
Posted by: pippozzo
Hi,
in general you should use gpxpatch to put correctly the tracks in the game, cosy it works modify several things in the executable file of the game.
That's meaning if it's too slow try to deactivate the tv graphics ad panels. But you need to use gpxpatch, in debug mode (main part of tracks needed).
In xp I suppose thre are no problem with privileges.
Apart, that. I cannot get what you mean
no graphic card?
can u see the your pc hardware in your system properties-> hardware -> device manager . and post it about graphic card.
bY the way,

In the game are u sure to see the same videocard setted?
If u see in graphics setting sOFTWARE 3D it could be for that. Cosy, mainly the circuits online downloadable are for hardware jams. so, they don't have software render jam files,
that could be why you see the objects absence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2019 08:22AM by pippozzo.
Date: October 14, 2019 12:36AM
I used to have NvidiaGforce video card and now my pc has no video card, that's what I meant to say.

And yes in my graphics settings it says Software 3D, that's what I use mostly. The other graphic setting option is "SiS Mirage 3 Graphics".
Now that you mention it could be that because with GP3edit I can't use hardware liveries, the game only works with software.
Date: October 14, 2019 08:19PM
anyway. the tracks you put in the game cannot work in software render 3d , cosy the jam files (the files with the graphic of the track) are available just in HW mode.
The original gp3 circuits had got both, HW and SW. But the created track usually hadn't. there are some with both graphics, but rarely, usually track creators generate with just HW.
About the liveries in GP3Edit, I think you can generate them clicking on button generate software, by the hardware image. And then export.
Date: October 15, 2019 08:38PM
Ohh okay I see, then for the time being I'll stay with the original gp3 circuits. Otherwise added tracks on HW will work really slow and take away the fun of the game or crash.
Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to advise me, you were a big help.

My respects from Argentina.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2019 03:01AM by BrunoFangio.
Date: October 16, 2019 09:54AM
Apart,
Just mind actually u should need just an low demand 3d graphic card to make your gp3 very good in HW 3d. U mentioned Nvida Geforce,
I could suggest if u take just a Nvida GT610 is perfect to run it at maximum speed .
Try to find it, also used, there are goods, online,
aim for example to HD4570 & above level card (same to NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS), you could run it very well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy