Has there come any new ways to play GP3(2k) on win10?

Posted by Pedersen 
Has there come any new ways to play GP3(2k) on win10?
Date: November 12, 2018 12:37PM
Posted by: Pedersen
As topic says, has there come any new ways to play it? i can play it on my pc but only in dry weather and practise sessions with alot of the graphics in the mirrorĀ“s turned off, the the PO is between 80-100%

If i go to a race the PO is at 500%

i have tried googleing but havent found anything :(
Re: Has there come any new ways to play GP3(2k) on win10?
Date: November 13, 2018 06:26PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
Thats true...with dgvoodoo I am able to run it at only at resolution of 800 by 600, at higher resolution PO is too high and gameplay lags.

Kimi forever!
Date: November 21, 2018 12:59AM
Posted by: aedewey
I have not a solution sorry and i think there will not be one for windows 10..., i am thinking in have two hard drives , the new one with windos 10 and buy other one to put windows xp, anyone follow that way?
This is solution to work in Windows 10 with GP3 1.13, maybe usefull for you.
Use DGVOODOO, version 2.52.
configure it to work in GP3 directory (as administrator), with "Dgvoodoo Virtual 3d accelerated card" , 1024 MB , with NoMipmapping and Fast video memory access, nd coping files directX wrapper in GP3 direcotry .
de-check any other checkbox in that window.

Start GP3 or GPxPatch as Administrator privilegies, try in 1024X768 or 800x600 graphic, BUT NOT IN RAIN RACE PROBABILITY UNDER 15%.
YOU NEED IMPROVE RAIN PROBABILITY OVER 18-20% (maybe loading heavy sky texture in dry mode).
have a check and let me know.
Date: November 21, 2018 11:19PM
Posted by: aedewey
I tried your suggestion and the game works better, is "playable" but only with the original tracks and in onboard camera, other way the po is over 100% to much time.

pippozzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is solution to work in Windows 10 with GP3
> 1.13, maybe usefull for you.
> Use DGVOODOO, version 2.52.
> configure it to work in GP3 directory (as
> administrator), with "Dgvoodoo Virtual 3d
> accelerated card" , 1024 MB , with NoMipmapping
> and Fast video memory access, nd coping files
> directX wrapper in GP3 direcotry .
> de-check any other checkbox in that window.
>
> Start GP3 or GPxPatch as Administrator
> privilegies, try in 1024X768 or 800x600 graphic,
> BUT NOT IN RAIN RACE PROBABILITY UNDER 15%.
> YOU NEED IMPROVE RAIN PROBABILITY OVER 18-20%
> (maybe loading heavy sky texture in dry mode).
> have a check and let me know.
I expect it should be playble at maximum in 17-19 fps. If you set fps in Graphical settings more, it will up OP over 100% (particularly in start of race, with more cars in cockpit viewing).
However I suggest put all off in mirrors - apart track and smoke -, and put all on in forward view.
Resolution should at least 1024x768 , or less.
Anyway this is what happen when an Operative System become for general devices and in the main time Consoles Microsoft grow up on the market.
The Computers became less power in graphics demand, with shared G-memory , to be big phone or tablet, instead a general machine.
I just can think , this configuration will run GP3 1.13 at 18 fps average, on PC Intel I3 with GMA 3000 card level , 4-6 Gb RAM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy