Date: February 09, 2002 09:06AM
Posted by: LS.
[www.gamespot.co.uk]

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: toca 3 scrennshots
Date: February 09, 2002 11:51AM
Posted by: _Alex_
TOCA: Race Driver actually :p - yeah, I guess it could be tagged Toca 3 - looks pretty damn amazing whatever it's called!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 09, 2002 12:01PM
Posted by: Habi
It really is cool :) Look at the pit babes :p
I hope GP4 will be even better :D

Date: February 09, 2002 12:28PM
Posted by: bazza
It isn't really TOCA 3. TOCA:WTC was released for PSone only, so in essence that was the actual TOCA 3. The handling was totally different though from the first 2, a lot easier to pick up and play, but not difficult enough in the long run. Sorry, I digress.

Bazza
Date: February 09, 2002 01:38PM
When i first looked at Bazza's post, i was shocked (WTC = world trade center) hehe :)

Date: February 09, 2002 01:38PM
Posted by: Chris Burkitt
Well i tried to post this when the forum was down so i'll post it now. Toca Race driver is the next in the toca series and it was goning to be called different things in different countries:
Toca in england
DTM in germany
V8 in australia

Now i posted about this ages ago and, as people who have been at the forum for a long time will remember, we wondered if all the championships would be availible in the one game. The anser is YES! and take a look at what else is in-store for us!:

Tuesday 5th February: Prepare to race the world like never before as Codemasters confirms that TOCA Race Driver will feature 42 real cars, 13 championships and an incredible 38 real-life, internationally renowned race circuits.

Delivering more real race circuits than ever created for any computer or video game before, TOCA Race Driver takes players the world over from Europe, to Australasia, to North and South America and the Pacific.

Today the in-game circuits are confirmed along with first details of the game
Date: February 09, 2002 01:55PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I notice no Spa or Monaco? I would have liked Spa to be in there! And Laguna Seca, Snettertton too.

Ellis2kX

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 09, 2002 01:56PM
Chris i would like to read that but i'm on dial-up :p (oh, there is a "work offline" feature :p )

Date: February 09, 2002 01:59PM
Posted by: Chris Burkitt
lol habi, go to the site at : www.codemasters.com/tocaracedriver
Lots of amazing pics to download. Everyone has to look at the pics of the cars, they are amazing - this years BTCC and DTM and V8

Date: February 09, 2002 04:13PM
Posted by: Ozzy_Eagle
hmm, cant wait.
*jaw hanging south with drool flowing off tounge*

Date: February 09, 2002 04:29PM
Posted by: chris
Hi everyone, I only just found the new phorum...I was using an old link, waiting for old one to be fixed!!
Anyway, those cars look superb, but to me they look kind of 'squidgy' and soft, like foam...not quite real. Anyone else see that?
Cheers
Chris
Date: February 09, 2002 04:32PM
Yo Sup

I think they look real enough

The Gran Turismo 3 cars look all fake and plasticy. especially the Impreza!!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 10, 2002 02:35AM
Posted by: bazza
Yeah, I agree with Ellis, and in the TOCA series there has always been amazing crash damage, as well as in colin mcrae rally 2.0 also from Codemasters. This game looks amazing, but if the handling of the cars is anything like TOCA:World Touring Cars then it will be a waste of time having those awesome graphics, because it drove like an arcade game. I preferred the first two games (except when your car suddenly hit a bump in the road that had not been there for the previous ten laps).

Bazza
Date: February 10, 2002 04:54AM
Yo Sup

The physics in TOCA 1 were so inconsistant. You could go over a bum (the one in Donnington at the bottom of the hill the best example of this) over 20 times, flat out no problem then a lap later, go over it no different and the car just jumps out and its impossible to control.

TOCA 2 wasnt too bad but 1 was horrible for it and TOCA 3 was just boringly easy, along with its fake cars

Date: February 10, 2002 06:48AM
Posted by: Owain_Shaw
those r very nice, One thing I MUST do on that game is set the record straight for the august oulton feature race, I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Steve Soper was pulling away, was upt to 3 seconds on the Owain Shaw official timing, then BANG engine goes, oil everywhere for 6 laps, it was agony watching, he held the gap up until he ran out of oil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

A winter day conversation with Katherine Uphill
Date: February 10, 2002 12:14PM
BRANDS HATCH GP, KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OULTON PARK:WHICH ??????????????????????????????? is now the question, if its fosters agin im gunna do something bad, island and internation KICK ASS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

Date: February 12, 2002 07:38AM
Posted by: Beardless2
Found this link with all the inlcluded tracks in the game

[www.gamestyle.net]

Date: February 12, 2002 07:55AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yah i agree about toca 1

toca 3 or woteva was too easy

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: February 12, 2002 03:07PM
it dont specify WHICH oulton though:(

"Cold today"
"Nope"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy