My cars

Posted by TheVSATrooper 
My cars
Date: March 18, 2015 02:47PM
Posted by: TheVSATrooper
Yesterday I finished my first car in GP3. This has a little story behind it:

I tried with the GPGSL-3 template but there were those... dark grey things painted on the template and I couldn't work well. But then Rodrigo said that the GPGSL-3 template cannot be used outside of it and I gave up.

Then I used another template, hoping it would be better but guess what? I gave up 12 seconds later. I went to download another template from SimRacingWorld: Without shadings, and it was painted in a schematic way (every part had a letter and was colored) but... It didn't satisfy me.

At the end, I downloaded the F1 2004 template by Smoking Pen and I finally found the right one to work with and it took nearly 5 days to do it.

After finishing it, I said: "Why not showing this... "work" and embarrass myself in public and make the painting pros a heart attack?"

And so I've done:

What do you think? Should I continue?

Or it is better if I leave this work to the REAL pros?
Re: My cars
Date: March 18, 2015 02:53PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
That looks like a nice colour scheme mate :) It reminds me of an old CART/Champ Car colour scheme :)

Date: March 18, 2015 03:11PM
Posted by: Mullet345
You made MAC Racing's Season 9/10 livery on a GP3 template? Looks pretty good I must say.

Date: March 19, 2015 11:19AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I'm not very keen about using other's work in my work (Monaco livery being an exception that season). That said it's a nice replica.
What software are you using ? By your comments it seems you don't know about layers, which are useful to preserve parts while painting your livery.

Date: March 19, 2015 12:48PM
Posted by: pirx
..fine, fine, fine!

please donĀ“t stop :)
Date: March 19, 2015 02:39PM
EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not very keen about using other's work in my
> work (Monaco livery being an exception that
> season). That said it's a nice replica.
> What software are you using ? By your comments it
> seems you don't know about layers, which are
> useful to preserve parts while painting your
> livery.

GIMP.
Date: March 19, 2015 05:39PM
Nice one. But are you aware of how layers work and how you can use them ? There are some tutorials floating around the net that can help you become a "pro" of car/helmet/whatelse painting

Date: March 19, 2015 07:08PM
EricMoinet Wrote:
> Nice one. But are you aware of how layers work and
> how you can use them ? There are some tutorials
> floating around the net that can help you become a
> "pro" of car/helmet/whatelse painting

Not too much, actually.
Date: March 20, 2015 03:58PM
You can type "gimp layer tutorial" in google and found a bunch of useful tutorials. Amongst them there is this one that seems to be pretty good as the guy wrote some of them for gimp.org :
Pat DAvid : Getting around in GiMP

Date: March 23, 2015 12:24PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
keep working!
You must go on...
Date: March 23, 2015 06:33PM
Thanks for the kind comments on the MAC car, I'm honored! :-)

For this car, I used some tricks that should make it better than the MAC: In this case, I created a new layer (Merci, Eric!), painted over it and then copied the layer to put it where I want.

I present to you: The Jack Hunsley Racing (is that the meaning of JHR?) motorized by Maserati!

Three things:

- I'm planning to work on re-paint all of the S9 GPGSL cars (from the easiest: The MAC and the JHR to the hardest: The MPR and the Demon) and a completely original carset.

- Only yesterday I found out how cool 5OUL ON D!SPLAY (featured in Gran Turismo 5) is an awesome song! Go check it out!

- In case you're following Formula Grand-Prix (but I'm pretty sure you don't), the last part of the Brazilian GP is ready, I only have to render it and uploading it to YouTube.
Date: March 24, 2015 02:11AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Nice work converting JHR's livery to GP3. Any chance you can do SCR next (both race and test version)?

Date: March 24, 2015 09:39AM
Hey! That's my car! ;)

Date: March 24, 2015 01:19PM
Mullet345 Wrote:
> Nice work converting JHR's livery to GP3. Any
> chance you can do SCR next (both race and test
> version)?

What season? Ninth or tenth?

Anyway, I'm planning to do only the race liveries, but it doesn't mean I won't do the test as well (I'm a Snake tester, after all!).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy