1993 Carset

Posted by loren 
Re: 1993 Carset
Date: November 10, 2003 03:36PM
Posted by: IanWackett
There is a set of 1993 Menu Background Pictures for GP3.

If you don't have them, here is the link.
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Date: November 10, 2003 05:14PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
IanWackett,

I know, thanks anyway.
I am looking for better quality photographs then many of those, as well as more photographs of Alain Prost of the sort that I mentioned.

quickslick,

Very likely.
Would you first tell me just exactly what book they would be from?
(So as to be certain that they do not possibly duplicate what I may already have.)
Date: November 10, 2003 05:24PM
Posted by: quickslick
it's the RTL book

''Grand Prix 93 Live miterlebt'' . That's the German Title.
Date: November 10, 2003 06:43PM
I have no such book.
Please send me any photographs from it that you can.
Date: November 11, 2003 01:33AM
Posted by: loren
Unfortunately I don't have many large, good quality pictures. Most of the ones I do have are of cars on track. Here are a couple of japanese websites where I have found good photos:

[fmitsuru.hp.infoseek.co.jp] (unfortunately some of the jpeg's are not of the best quality)
[www.130r.com] (very good quality photos of cars on track)

-Loren

ps. thanks JackieMatra for more driver pics
Date: November 11, 2003 06:28AM
Loren,

Thanks very much for those two Japanese fan sites.
The photos on the one are really first rate, while the other one's as you said but very interesting none the less.

I'll see if I can dredge up some car pics of the sort that you want. Don't expect anything immediately.
Date: November 13, 2003 01:34PM
Posted by: Widow
Carset update:

Finalising the Artwork. Only two teams to go. After finishing those, all graphics will be rechecked for the last time and they will be rebrushed where needed.

So I hope to have it finished early this weekend, but more likely will be during next week.

Hope you gonna like it.

For people who need specific pictures of the 1993 season; I have over 300 pictures of the 1993 season. I am not going to sent them to everybody, but if you are a designer in desperate need of certain picture of a driver or a car I probably can help you. It might be a known picture, but I have also some less know pictures of this particular year. Over a hundred are larger than 100kb. Just so you know.

Once again; designers only, this means you have to have published something on this or your personal site.

See yah,

Widow
Date: November 13, 2003 03:32PM
Repeating my earlier request.

If you have any high-resolution photographs (of at least 800x600 pixel size or, preferably, larger) of anything from the 1993 Formula One season (cars, tracks, crowds, pits, podiums, etc.) could you please send them to me?

I am really having difficulties finding truly high quality photographs from this particular Formula One season. Curiosly what I particularly can not find much of from this year are photographs of Alain Prost (on the podium, particularly, but also in his car and elsewhere). Something that I most adamantly do not need are any more photographs of either Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher from 1993.

I would appreciate any assistance that you, or anyone else might provide me in this matter. In case anyone can supply me with any such photographs, my e-mail address is wj.bohdani@verizon.net .
Date: November 14, 2003 05:46AM
Check your mail Jacki...
Date: November 14, 2003 01:29PM
I've gotten them.
Thank you.

Now check your mail, Widow.
Please, do not send me any no more photographs of Ayrton Senn or Michael Schumacher.
I need high resolution photographs of at least 800x600 size only, please.
Date: November 21, 2003 09:10AM
The carset is 99% finished. I am now running the last checks. Also the 1993 backgrounds will be picked today to give that little extra, when playing the season.

It will be my best carset up till now, hope you will agree.

Greetz, Widow

E-mail:bacardibackup@yahoo.com
Date: November 26, 2003 02:18AM
my carset is nearing completion now too, after a big mess with my cockpit (I want to release both at the same time) where I deleted all of the settings. I think that I've fixed that now though. I finished the menuart too, so now all that's left is the jackman and cockpit for larrousse (if anyone can get pictures of this that would help me a lot), a few pit boxes, and some tweaking of performances. I'll probably do some more work on the rear of the carshape, since that is what you see most of the time when driving. Unfortunately it is hard to do the rear of old cars, since the bodywork extended so far back, so I think I may end up doing something really crazy with the rear suspension to make it look good from dead behind, but strange from other views. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend.

Here's a list of what should be in the final release of the carset:

Main carset with the following teams and drivers:
Williams - Hill, Prost
Tyrrell - Katayama, de Cesaris
Benetton - Schumacher, Patrese
McLaren - Andretti, Senna
Footwork - Warwick, A. Suzuki
Lotus - Zanardi, Herbert
Jordan - Barrichello, Boutsen
Minardi - Fittipaldi, Martini
Ligier - Brundle, Blundell
Sauber - Wendlinger, Lehto

Add-on with:
Larrousse (replacing Footwork) - Alliot, Comas
BMS Lola (replacing Jordan) - Alboreto, Badoer

Carskins, Helmets, etc are all going to be about how they look at the Belgian GP

Helmets by Jean-Christophe Musumeci, some modified by me

menuarts by me, with spinning logos made using mercury's team logo animator

Jackmen + all other pitcrew positions in T-Shirt (they dont look great, but better than with firesuits)

and of course, realistic cockpit colors, pitboxes, and wheels

also: extra graphics:
1993 pitmonitor, underside of car, sparks, and internal suspension

generic carshape modified from martjin haans' version (maybe I will do a high nosed one too, something kind of like the Footwork) + 1994 onboard cameras (the same as in '93, but with a couple of additional cameras)

new physics - I'm not an expert at this, but I think they are pretty good (of course, gp3 can't really simulate the active-ride cars)

Extra carskins:
Early season Lotus
Monaco and European GP versions of McLaren
Late season "Hugo Prat" Ligier (If you have downloaded my earlier one, this one is better)
Possibly some non-tobacco cars, early versions, etc
Alternate cockpit for Sauber (yellow mirrors)
are you still reading? I think that's all that's going to be in the carset.

Also, available as a separate download, will be my 1993 Generic Cockpit

if you go to
[www.f1-sales.com]
and scroll down, you can see a picture of the dash that the LCD display based on. A lot of f1 cars in 1993 used this display. I've managed to make the rev counter have 5 positions, and the gear, suggested gear, pitsignal, and tc and auto box driving aids are also on there.

I have also made 4 steering wheels: Benetton, Ferrari, Tyrrell, and a generic one based on the Benetton, but without the logo and with different color buttons

I still have got a couple more features that I want to add to the cockpit, including better starting lights (right now they go green-red-green, they should go off-red-green-off) and better replay logos based on the 1993 tv-timings

anyways, that's all. I hope that you didn't fall asleep reading this and I hope you understand why this takes a long time. But I am VERY close to done with it now.

-Loren
Date: November 26, 2003 08:57AM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
I didn't fall asleep :-)

Thanks for letting us know what's cooking..
Date: November 29, 2003 12:28AM
Almost done..... just testing for + fixing small bugs

I'll probably upload it on monday, so barring any major problems, it should be available by the middle of the week
Date: November 29, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
Does anybody here knows if there are any 90´s external sounds for GP3 or do i will have to use some GP2 sounds?!
Date: November 29, 2003 01:57PM
There are of course. Here are some links for you;

[www.racesimulations.com]
[www.farzadsf1gallery.com]

Greetz, Widow

E-mail:bacardibackup@yahoo.com
Date: November 29, 2003 03:35PM
Posted by: Dinga
Been looking forward to this for some time as I know what awesome skins you create. Also to Widow, dl'ded urs too, some nice new ideas there mate-well done!
Date: November 29, 2003 06:41PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
Thanx for the links Widow, but i´ve already got those ferrari sounds.Thanks for the efforts and thanks for the carset with reflections!
Date: December 01, 2003 10:27PM
ok, I uploaded the carset. it looks like I can't upload the cockpit yet (I guess I've exceeded my upload size limit), so it will have to wait a few days. Hope you enjoy the carset for now.

-Loren
Date: December 01, 2003 11:02PM
Posted by: quickslick
Hi Loren, you can send the cockpits to me and i'll upload them for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy