1993 Carset

Posted by loren 
1993 Carset
Date: September 20, 2003 10:08AM
Posted by: loren
I'm working on, actually almost done with, a brand new 1993 carset for gp3 1.13

Cars are basically done, unless I decide to make more changes to reflect different races.

Cockpit colors 9 of 13 are done, the others I am lacking enough reference photos to do a good job

Jackmen are almost all done, except minardi, larrousse and scuderia italia because I don't have enough photos

The carset will also include a generic carshape, new pitcrews in t-shirt (for all pitcrew positions in gp3 1.13!) and some other new graphics, like better sparks, new pit monitor etc

I've also made a generic cockpit, I'm working on several team steering wheels, I'll probably include Tyrrell, Benetton and Ferrari wheels. It will likely be a pain to install though.

Anyway, the question is this: do I go with my original plan and make 2 carsets (European and Australian GPs) or only do one, probably Belgian GP, and include 2 of the backmarker teams (probably footwork and jordan) as a separate set? Or do I try to do all three versions? I want to hear what you think.

Also, what about menuart? There are some out there already, I think I could probably do a better job but I think I may wait until after I release the carset to work on it.

Sorry if I bored you to death reading all this.
-Loren

ps If anyone has any links to pictures that you think would help, please tell me
Re: 1993 Carset
Date: September 20, 2003 04:32PM
Posted by: john-nicholas
Loren,

Bored reading all of that? Nope.

Thank you for taking the time to do a 1993 set(s).

Do all three.

regards,
john

Date: September 21, 2003 12:57AM
Posted by: Dinga
Yes-all three please-sounds fantastic!

btw in your readme files of your work I notice you've made a 97 Lola.Was it ever released?
Date: September 21, 2003 11:40AM
Unfortunatly my desktop computer (the one with all my gp3 projects on it) processor fan fell off and the thing fried itself, but the hard drive should be unaffected, so I should be able to recover all the files, but it may take a day or two. As for the 97 lola,no I haven't released it yet, the carskin is basically finished, I still need to add the numbers, but I also decided to do a menuart for it, and I still need to do the driver helmets/flags. But no, I haven't forgotten about it.

-Loren
Date: September 23, 2003 08:38AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Loren,

What teams were you considering including in your 1993 F1 carset?
I'm just wondering, because you refer to the Footwork and Jordan teams as possible additional teams of backmarkers, when they were actually both among the top eleven points scoring teams of 1993, which were:

1.Williams 164
2.McLaren 84
3.Benetton 72
4.Ferrari 28
5.Ligier 23
6.Lotus 12
6.Sauber 12
8.Minardi 8
9.Footwork 4
10.Jordan 3
11.Larrousse 3

I suspect that you may be mistaken as to whether any 1993 F1 menu arts have ever been released as an addon for GP3. The "Skunkworks" (mostly Perran Truran's) 1993 F1 carset for GP3 did not include any menu arts, and I am unaware of any menu arts having been released for general download for that year. I know that many different F1 seasons of menu arts for GP3 have been made by at least one individual and have been circulated privately, but he has chosen not to release these publicly.

If you do decide to do menu arts for 1993 F1, then I have 128x128 pixel photographs of all 33 F1 drivers of 1993 in their driver suits from that year that I could send to you if you like.

Post Edited (09-23-03 16:05)
Date: September 23, 2003 10:07AM
Jackie:

About the Jordan and Footwork: I know what the constructors standings were, however, I wasn't thinking only of those. I was also thinking about which cars would look the best on the generic carshape I am including, which has a low nose. Hence the inclusion of Tyrrell (the late version, I'm not bothering to do the early high nose version) and Scuderia Italia. However I decide to order the teams though, you can be sure that whichever teams that I leave out of the main carset will still be included as a seperate gp3edit file contained in the same zip. Perhaps a bit of my own personal preference, but it's not a final decision yet.

As for menu arts: there is definately at least one 1993 Teamart set, by Kev Bell, on this site. I think the other one that I was thinking of was part of the 1993 carset by Paul R.

-Loren
Date: September 24, 2003 11:17AM
Posted by: Dinga
Loren,

To speed up your TeamArt feel free to use any parts of the one's I made(Kev Bell). My personal set now uses Paul R's spinning logos as opposed to the generic FIA ones used in my posted set. He gave me permission to use these, so if you contact him he may let you do the same. As far as I'm concerned, improving any of my work is a way for me to learn more!Good luck!
Date: September 25, 2003 03:25PM
Posted by: FF
anything you've worked on will please me.
thou has my support...

(please include boutsen as jordan's second driver)
Date: September 29, 2003 10:01AM
Sorry for lack of responses..... just moved into university

FF: boutsen will definately be there in some way or another
Date: November 08, 2003 03:30PM
JackieMatra: Still got those 1993 driver's pics? Could you please send them to me at lorent@u.washington.edu

Thanks in advance

Loren
Date: November 08, 2003 05:48PM
You should have them in your mailbox now.
Date: November 08, 2003 09:31PM
Thanks, they are very nice
Date: November 09, 2003 01:07AM
Posted by: quickslick
Hi Loren,
for me i can say, i want the three carsets!!
Date: November 09, 2003 02:37AM
probably only going to be one carset, for a number of reasons, chief of which is that I actually want to get it finished and released fairly soon. As it stands now, my plan is to release one carset, with the cars and drivers as seen in the belgian GP. Larrousse and Scuderia Italia teams will be included in another GP3edit file to replace Jordan and Footwork. Rather than do several different carsets, I'll probably just include some special versions which I have already finished, including but not limited to the following:

Williams: European and French GP versions
McLaren: European, Monaco and Australian GP versions
Lotus: South African GP version
Ligier: Late "Hugo Pratt" version of car #25

Plus all the other stuff you'd expect, and menu art, now with rotating logos thanks to mercury's teamlogo animator (probably no menu helmets though), and extra goodies like new pitmonitor, sparks, pitcrews, onboard cameras, at least one carshape (maybe one with a raised nose too), and other stuff

-Loren
Date: November 09, 2003 07:15AM
Posted by: littlejoe
Hello Loren,

I ´ve downloaded your 2003-carset, that´s great. So I ´m very enjoyed about your 1993-carset and I think, it will be great.

Good luck and the best wishes for your great work.
Thanks.

Greetings from Germany
littlejoe

PS: the comunity of GP3 becomes better and better, because people like you, aeroxon and all the other who work hard on GP3 stuff. Thank you to all. I wish more interested people can learn to make GP3 stuff including me.
More people can do, more and better stuff will be produced to make a great game greater and more realistic.
Date: November 09, 2003 02:35PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Nice words, littlejoe.
Loren's textures are really awesome!
But it's a matter of taste.

See ya
Date: November 09, 2003 05:59PM
If anybody really wants to help out, I'm still trying to find pictures of the following:

Pitcrews: minardi, larrousse, scuderia italia
Cockpits: minardi, larrousse, scuderia italia, footwork, ferrari (i really just need to see the rim of the cockpit)
Rear end detail of all cars

If anybody has pictures of any of this stuff, it would be very usefull to me....

-Loren
Date: November 10, 2003 11:26AM
Posted by: Widow
Hi Loren!

I am also have been working on a 1993 carset... My first draft was made about a month ago during my 1990 project. But actually I didn't like the cars after all, so I did a complete overhaul of them.

At the moment I am working on the Artwork of the set. Which is alway a problem as I never really am satified with the result but... maybe this one will be ok.

The cars that I made are near copies from the racing and pitlane pictures I acquired. I think the result so far is the best I have made up till now.

Currently all cars are done, as well as the helmets. Though some of them might be perfected in the coming days. The cockpits are done, they are from the same template so they will be pretty standard as it is nearly imposible to find all in cockpit shots to replicate.

I am very curious about your carset. And I will download yours for sure, as (of course) I am going to compare it to mine. There are always things that can be learned from for future projects.

Good luck with finishing your carset.

Widow!
Date: November 10, 2003 01:42PM
Loren and Widow,

If either of you two gentlemen have any high-resolution photographs (of at least 800x600 pixel size or, preferably, larger) of anything from the 1993 Formula One season (cars, tracks, crowds, pits, podiums, etc.) could you please send them to me?

I am really having difficulties finding truly high quality photographs from this particular Formula One season. Curiosly what I particularly can not find much of from this year are photographs of Alain Prost (on the podium, particularly, but also in his car and elsewhere). Something that I most adamantly do not need are any more photographs of either Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher from 1993.

I would appreciate any assistance that either of you, or anyone else might provide me in this matter. In case anyone can supply me with any such photographs, my e-mail address is wj.bohdani@verizon.net .
Date: November 10, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: quickslick
@Jacki, i have a Book of F1 1993 with good Pics from all Drivers, do you want to have them from me?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy