Windowed Mode

Posted by ___Flanker___ 
Windowed Mode
Date: November 24, 2022 04:03PM
Posted by: ___Flanker___
Simples question, is it possible to run GP3 windowed?
Re: Windowed Mode
Date: November 25, 2022 03:30PM
Posted by: pirx
In Linux with Wine yes!
In Windows I never saw it running in windowed Mode

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: November 25, 2022 04:02PM
Posted by: zifox
You can if you use dxwnd to launch the game. The windowless (no banner) option doesn't work completely: the banner re-appears when on track.
It even has a nice option which sets the background to black, which is very useful since the game doesn't support widescreen resolutions.
Date: November 25, 2022 08:11PM
Posted by: pippozzo
WawawawaWaiiittt.... Did you say Wine?

Please tell me everything you know about GP3 on Linux. That's my dream! Which version of wine are you using in which distro? And then, can you do a video about how is going ? is it playable? is it correctly rendered? I remember dxwnd had some trouble with blacks zone , in intel Video cards. How is with wine ?

Please let us know. I have great projects.
Date: November 28, 2022 09:39AM
Posted by: pirx
pippozzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WawawawaWaiiittt.... Did you say Wine?
>
> Please tell me everything you know about GP3 on
> Linux. That's my dream! Which version of wine are
> you using in which distro? And then, can you do a
> video about how is going ? is it playable? is it
> correctly rendered? I remember dxwnd had some
> trouble with blacks zone , in intel Video cards.
> How is with wine ?
>
> Please let us know. I have great projects.

..it´s simple and you will not like it what I have to say, because it will not solve your problems with GP3-performance on newer systems... sorry
The problem everybody has is because nvidia+microsoft decided to stop DirectX7.1-support some years ago. So, first, if you wanna have performance in GP3 you need a Videocard plus driver that is capable of DirectX7.1 -no linux distribution can fix this. -I tried it with Linux "Mint" and latest Wine-Version.
So, keep on waiting until computers are strong enough to do "GP3 emulated"..

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy