GP3 2000 - AI cars running out of fuel

Posted by BeamingSauber07 
GP3 2000 - AI cars running out of fuel
Date: September 04, 2022 12:22AM
Posted by: BeamingSauber07
Hi all,

I've tried searching and understanding this problem but haven't been able to find a solution.

I am currently using RH's 2002 carset and Matti Latinen's 2002 Trackpack with GP3 2000.

I generally race 50% race distances in non-championship races and quickraces. Every race a handful of the AI cars will run out of fuel on the last lap or just before. I understand this is an issue with the Magic Data and that the fuel values need increasing (although I could be wrong about this).

Trouble is, I don't know or have any tool to edit the Magic Data and wouldn't know which values to increase or by how much.

Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you,
Re: GP3 2000 - AI cars running out of fuel
Date: September 04, 2022 12:59AM
Posted by: alvaro_degas
You can edit magic data in a simple text editor.

However, it is more easy to do this by using the Magic Datas File Creator tool.

I think it can be found easyly in this site.
Date: September 04, 2022 01:12AM
Hi Alvaro,

Thank you - where can I find the Magic Data and which values should I amend?
Date: September 04, 2022 04:19AM
Posted by: evroic
Hi man !!!

One thing that every time

Tools
Here is Magic Data
[rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]
GP3 1.13 => [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]
GP3 2000 => [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]

On this page you will find the converter
[www.grandprixgames.org]
b) Magic Data convert md / md2 => [www.grandprixgames.org]
c) Magic Data convert md2 / md => [www.grandprixgames.org]

Here on this page you will have information about Magic Data
[gadareth.altervista.org]
But it seems the link is not working anymore....

So here's a copy posted by prix
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Now let's get to some details

1. You are playing GP3 2000 (F1 2002)
2. You need to see if each of the DAT files has Magic Data for GP3 2000 !!!
3. It's no use opening the DAT with the Track Editor (you won't see whether or not you have GP3 2000 Magic Data inside it. This only happens with GP3 1.13 Magic Data)
4. Use the GP3 2000's Magic Data tool and try to extract the MD2 from the DAT (if you can, it's because the DAT has MD2, if you can't, it's because it doesn't have it)
5. If the DAT doesn't have it you can get a GP3 1.13 Magic Data from another DAT and convert it to GP3 2000 with the appropriate tool and then insert it into the DAT

For example:
Let's say the GP3 2000 Melbourne 2002 DAT file does not have Magic Data.
But you have Magic Data in Melboune 2002 DAT file for GP3 1.13
Convert it to the GP3 2000 and insert it back into the DAT to have it playing on the GP3 2000 !!!!

So this would be the way I would go... maybe there is a better solution... or edit the Magic Data, but I wouldn't be able to say the exact value or how to arrive at this calculation...

(*) I've heard that when you use a DAT on the GP3 2000 without Magic Data, the game takes the Magic Data from that slot that is installed and that's why it runs out of gas....

(*) If I made a mistake or forgot to mention something, please feel free to let me know a little more.

I hope this may have helped you

Regards

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: September 04, 2022 11:18AM
Hi Evandro,

Thanks so much for such a detailed explanation - it does make sense.

I've used CMagic2000 to pull out the Magic Data files from each of the tracks. Now I will test each to see where AI cars are running out of fuel and have a little play with the fuel consumption in the Magic Data file to see if I can fix it.

You've been immensely helpful as usual - many thanks. It's so great to see this community still going in some way for GP3.
Date: September 06, 2022 08:14AM
By way of an update, in case it’s ever useful for anyone else, I’ve managed to sort the issue of AI cars running out of fuel by editing the Magic Data files as Evandro has described above.

Using Cmagic2000 to extract the Magic Data as a text file, I then modified the following values: -

fuelconsumption 1
fuelconsumption 2

One of these values refers to the player controlled car, the other the CC cars. I amended both values -300 and reinserted back into the track .dat.

I may tweak a couple more tracks as they remain a bit marginal but these seem to be the only values needed to sort this particular problem. I haven’t noticed any other adverse effects, so hopefully it worked!
Date: September 06, 2022 03:32PM
Posted by: evroic
Wow \0/ ;)

I'm glad it worked!!!

Thank you very much for the feedback
This information could be very useful in the future.

Please, could you make a copy of just these 2 lines and put it here in the post?
It would be the configuration as it was and as it is now
Don't forget to mention the name of the DAT

If anyone has another solution, please feel free to share it.

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2022 03:46PM by evroic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy