Grand Prix 3 Multiplayer

Posted by pippozzo 
Grand Prix 3 Multiplayer
Date: December 09, 2021 08:16PM
Posted by: pippozzo
Hello everyone.
I just was thinking, in GP3 as well in GP2 there is a multiplayer mode on LAN/TCPIP or Modem or direct connection . But does anyone knows how it should be work or how config it? I mean when you play as multiplayer, connected with another pc, are seeing his car among the CC ? or is a split screen?
I suppose none has never played that multiplayer mode, because also original manual of GP3/Gp2 didn't explain anything about that.
Does anyone never tried? Please let us know, it could be interesting christmax time have a fun together.
Re: Grand Prix 3 Multiplayer
Date: December 10, 2021 07:53PM
Posted by: evroic
Hi Pipozzo

I don't remember well, but I think I took this test a long time ago.

I had two computers connected in a network. Each one with its IP and so I configured the GP3 with these IP's.

I copied the same folder and file structure on both PCs.

As I was alone, I chose 2 drivers to play with.

I started playing on PC-1 and when the controller went to the other driver I went to PC-2

The screen is the same in both cases. The screen is not split.

Ah, I remembered that I also played in a network in a Lan House together with friends from my work.

The feeling is the same as playing alone. Full screen.

I never did it again and these days I was thinking about it.

That time I put the other screen into TV mode while driving on the other PC.

Now I don't remember how the replay works, if that works.... Have you ever thought about one driving and the other reviewing...

Maybe that's why I took this test...watch it as if it were a TV broadcast while driving....

That's all I remember.... the performance was good on both PCs.

I don't remember the MOD I used or if it was the original installation...

This was many years ago...

I need to do it again

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: December 11, 2021 08:51PM
Posted by: pirx
You can play with MODs etc etc BUT 2 things are really important:

1.On both machines must be exactly the same copy of all the file you play with. So do as Evandro said..
2. All is ONLY possible in WINXP-32bit and older because Microsoft canceled some technic called "DirectPlay" and/or "DirectLink" from later Operating Systems. And believe me, I tried a lot to get it running in Win7 but NO :(
But who knows -maybe there are some working emulators of DirectPlay, DirectLink around nowadays in Win10...

Beside that everything works fine, played it years ago with a good friend of mine. It behaved a little instable but was worth it and real great fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2021 08:57PM by pirx.
Date: December 12, 2021 10:45AM
Posted by: pippozzo
for direct play I found this stuffs.
[www.ubisoft.com]
Date: December 13, 2021 10:55PM
Posted by: pirx
..to be honest, I donĀ“t think this is going to work, but give it a try. To find out fast just use a fresh, clean install of GP3 on both machines (no MODs, no GPxPatch, no Addons)

AND I remember another must have:
- no ordinary LAN-cable (Patch Cable) between the two computers will work -> you need a "Crossover Cable" see here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2021 10:58PM by pirx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy