Orloff's IMS road course 2020

Posted by Speed_Addict 
Orloff's IMS road course 2020
Date: July 30, 2020 01:00AM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
There seems to be some kind of problem with object placement in Orloff's recent work - the Indy 2020 [www.grandprixgames.org]

The entire pit building is not visible (or rather overlaid by the objects behind) when looking from the trackside camera view of any car in the pits. Here is a screenshot:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 01:05AM by Speed_Addict.
Re: Orloff's IMS road course 2020
Date: July 30, 2020 05:45PM
Posted by: Orloff
This layout from PK Arnall's Indianapolis 2004, and this'disappearring building' trick was already there.

I am not a trackmaker.
I'm just renewing some design of the tracks for this or that event, so it is too loud to call it 'Orloff's work' ))
Date: July 30, 2020 10:18PM
Posted by: evroic
Hello, here is Sherlock again with another case discovered !!!

I am very happy with myself. Wow !!!

Well, let's go.

I installed Belini's original "209indianapolis2004.dat" track and that same problem also occurred.

Orloff confirmed this in his message and I believe he used this DAT to make the 2019 and 2020 version of Indy.

I kept thinking .... it must be something related to the pits view, because only this happens when the cars are inside the pits.

When the cars pass through main straight, the same camera does not capture images of the pits, but if I stay in the pits the problem continues, even with the cars passing through the main straight.

I did a test with Belini's original track "315monza2004.dat" and everything worked perfectly.

Then my investigative work started ....

I discarded the camera configuration and started looking at the commands inside the boxes. However I found no evidence .....

Then there was a clik ... if the view is from the outside of the pit, let me see the controls for sector 0 of the track.

I confess that my tests were done through trial and error but I found the command responsible for the error.

Here he is "? [0x9c] New GP3 Unknown"

In the next message I will put all the information about it.

Another thing that I ended up discovering in the Orloff packages.

The xtras folder => Gp3jamsH \ belini_2020 \ tracks \ xtras is missing

The "ind_armco.jip" and "ind_tarmac.jip" files are missing from the Gamejips folder

Within the DAT file in line 25 of the Jam Files structure (60) there is a reference to the file ind_gras.jam, however this file does not even exist in the original version of Belini

Best regards

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 02:41AM by evroic.
Date: July 31, 2020 12:33AM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Thank you for your enthusiastic engagement with this ancient game, guys! Especially Evandro who was once again a true detective :)
Orloff, thank you also for the work you're putting in.
Date: July 31, 2020 01:38AM
Hello everyone.

As I mentioned in the previous message, the problem seemed to be related to the configuration of the command "? [0x9c] New GP3 Unknown" located in Sector 0 of the Track Data structure.

Here's how far I got.

PK Arnall's Indianapolis 2004 - original setup

New setup made by me

After many attempts the pit building can be seen.
However, there is now a new problem between the pit and the track that I don't know how to solve !!! :-O

Attention: The pit building is no longer seen if the values are less than 600.

Pit Lane external view

2020 IMS Road Course - new setup 0x9c with new bug

The DAT file is with Magic Data for the GP32k

I'm sorry for not being able to solve this. :(

I hope that some trackmaker can help us.

Best regards

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 02:44AM by evroic.
Date: August 01, 2020 02:43AM
updated post...

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: August 04, 2020 06:52PM
Posted by: belini
I think the problem is probably because you're using gp3, all belini tracks were for gp32k. if you edit a gp32k track in the track editor
it's not quite compatible with gp3 if my memory serves me correctly, it is over 10 years ago after all :D also gp3 has slightly less data
to use than gp32k (199k to 197k just guessing ) so that could also be the cause for loss of viability due to data limit which can cause
crashes. basically when you convert a gp32k to gp3 you have to lose something to make it work especially as most the belini tracks
pushed the limit of data available.

pk
Date: August 04, 2020 09:40PM
Hello Paul, pleased to see you here.

Thank you for replying to my message.

The problem in the 2004 DAT is already noticed when using the GP32k.
It is true that my attempt was to change the value of the command using the trackeditor and then I inserted the magic data.
After doing this I tested it again on GP32k and then the new problem was noticed.

Your observations are very important, but why does the original 2004 DAT on the GP32K not work?

If there is a need to make any adjustments to this DAT made by you, what would be the appropriate editor?

Thank you for helping us.

My sincere thanks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: August 04, 2020 10:06PM
Posted by: drafi5
Welcome back Paul, great to hear from you.

Kind regards
Helmut.

Date: August 13, 2020 08:16PM
Hello everyone.

I believe I discovered the cause of the problem but now I have a worse one !!!! :(

I tested each of Belini's versions of Indianapolis (2000 to 2007) and the result was as follows.

2000 and 2001 there is no problem with pitbuilding but 2002 to 2007 all have the problem of 2004 since all have the same settings. No pitbuilding.

So I did a check between 2001 and 2004 in some commands to see what had changed and one by one I was implementing and testing until I found the possible cause.

One of the commands was the one I had already detected that was in Sector 0 => [0x9c] New GP3 Unknow

I put the same values ​​of the parameters of 2001

It was also necessary to adjust another command.

The command [0x9f] Pit Line Fences Begin, in the Pit Data structure, which was in Sector 53 was moved to Sector 108 and thus pitbuilding reappeared

But now it destroyed the pit entrance.

I confess that I don't have enough knowledge to adjust this. Perhaps someone with enough knowledge can find another alternative or make the necessary adjustments.

Just remembering that our friend Orloff used this 2004 version to make the 2019 and 2020 Indy versions and they have the same problem.

In addition, it would have to be repaired Indianapolis from 2002 to 2004.

If anyone wants to try or see how it looks here is the DAT file

2020 IMS Road Course - new setup with new bug

It is very important to mention that I only touched these 2 commands. The others remain the same !!!

Regards

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: August 16, 2020 09:54PM
Posted by: belini
well it's a mystery to me, half the time I spent trying to solve these types of bugs. all I know is
that I wouldn't have released a track that had these errors. have you tried installing the belini
2004 season for gp32k?

I do remember indy did have some pitlane changes, you'll have to check but maybe it was 2002
it changed, the problems you're having could be many things, view distance commands I used
a lot to fix such errors. 9f you could try inserting in different sectors to see if it helps, the problem
does look to be view command related. I know when I had some of these problems it could also
be jam related, so leave the jips and remove the jams to see if it works

the only other thing I can think of is hardware has changed a lot over the years, maybe it's not
quite as compatible nowadays.
Date: August 17, 2020 01:14AM
Hi Paul

Right now I did a test on my good old PC

GP32K + GPxPatch + 4.51 + Windows XP

7364-belini_indy_v52.rar

2000 - OK
2001 - OK
2002 - NOT OK
2003 - NOT OK
2004 - NOT OK
2005 - NOT OK

belini_indianapolis_v8.rar => The v8 version requires "belini genjams 4" and I did that.

2000 - OK
2001 - OK
2002 - NOT OK
2003 - NOT OK
2004 - NOT OK
2005 - INDIANAPOLIS NOT FOUND IN THIS PACK ( INTERLAGOS )
2006 - NOT OK
2007 - NOT OK

I really believe that this problem did not exist, otherwise you would have seen it. Your tracks are perfect and this is a very visible mistake.

If possible, could you do a test on your computer please?

Thanks for helping me.

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: August 18, 2020 12:58AM
Posted by: quickslick
just one question evandro, did you used the indianapolis v52up dat files? if not, here's link for the updated dat files from indy 2000 - 2005 [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 01:00AM by quickslick.
Date: August 18, 2020 04:12AM
Hi Mr. Quickslick

Nice to see you here !!!

The DAT files in the "7364-belini_indy_v52.rar" package have the same date / time and size as the DAT files you sent me.

Even so I test each one and the same problem happens.

I believe that the Dat used by Orloff to make the "Indy 2020" version is the same inside "belini indianapolis v8.0" => [www.grandprixgames.org]

Note that both DATs are 181KB

I have already tested the version "belini v8.0 to v8.1 update" => [www.grandprixgames.org]

I have already tested the 137KB reduced by ipswich2007 => [www.grandprixgames.org] and [www.grandprixgames.org]

The same thing happens with all of them. Am I failing to install anything?

Have you verified that this also happens to you?

I do not believe that this problem was not detected there at the beginning.

Evandro ( Brazil )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2020 06:24AM by evroic.
Date: August 18, 2020 06:21AM
Posted by: quickslick
i haven't tested yet, but i have sent you some files and there is a readme of Paul included, who is related to belinis fix folder. Maybe this is the solution
Date: August 18, 2020 06:23AM
Hello everyone.

I found the Belini structure installed on the "MegaPatch F1 2018" made by Elio => [www.grandprixgames.org]

The same problem occurs with indianapolis 2004 !!!

I also did the test with 2001 and it's OK.

Finally, with 2002 and there is also an error.

This proves what I have already mentioned.

The test was performed on Win7 64bit.

I don't know if on another system it works.

Evandro ( Brazil )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy