I need your help guys

Posted by F1fever 
I need your help guys
Date: July 13, 2019 01:39PM
Posted by: F1fever
Hello everyone. I just wanted to know if the following is an issue related to the game or something wrong is happening with me. The thing is: am I the only one arround here who is annoyed by the fact that my car's speed and performance is the same wether I choose a McLaren or a Tyrell? You can make sure if you want by checking the top speed on the straight lines of a certain circuit (Germany for example) by using two different cars. You will find that top speed are exactly the same.

This is really annoying since it cuts down much of the game's realism and it's a shame for such an awesome game. Is there something we can do about it? (Btw: EA sports F1 2000 has the same problem)

Help!!!
Re: I need your help guys
Date: July 13, 2019 10:58PM
Posted by: pippozzo
I don t know about f1 2000ea .
but in Gp3 by default Is unchecked an option
flag called
car power team dependant.
If u use gp3edit or gp3master or simply gpxpatch to start the game, u can find this flag and put it on.
by then the power will depend by your team choice.
the reason of this choice by programmer was the problem of carsetup you need to modify team by team in base of power. cause gear or springs differencial behaviour change sensibly in base of power.
Date: July 14, 2019 01:16PM
Finally an answer to this mystery!! Thank you man but please can you tell me more about these gp3edit, gp3master and gpxpatch? Are they .exe files? Where can I find them? I am actually playing a downloaded version which i think is the original one...

Thank you!
Date: July 14, 2019 02:58PM
they are all editor utilities for GP3 (and gpxpatch works also for GP4). You can find them on this website in editors section for GP3.
But they works just with GP3 decripted version (you can still find it on this website). And by first you should take the exe decripted .
However What I suggest, Download my GP3++ supermods or one of the already modded version you can find on this site (gp3 universe - such gp3 2000 version based - or SupeCim' mods ).
That's cause you should install several patches to work with. Instead in my GP3++ for example, you get ready over 40 years f1 championships in all in one game.
take it from here.
Follow the instructions in manual linked and video on youtube. linked.

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 15, 2019 04:10PM
You're the real deal man! I followed your instructions and everything worked perfectly! I have one more question. Rookie level makes the AI very easy to beat while Ace level makes them nearly gods (I think it has something to do with the car settings they use, different from the default ones). Do you know what is the best solution to make them as realistic as possible? In other words, to make them near the maximum level you can attain when you master the game. (And btw why the hell did you ommit the possibility to make the car invulnerable :p)

PS: I managed to make my way through the manual and video although I don't speak italian at all :p
Date: July 16, 2019 08:53PM
Posted by: SuperCim
In my work on Gp3 2018 I increased the grip of the selected car and reduced to the opponents.
Fixed other values, so we run with the times of F1 2018.
I have not yet started the work Gp3 2019.
Date: July 16, 2019 09:35PM
you can use the GP3Edit, for both improve the performance in qualify and race and also selectable aids for each difficult level (find options in tools menu). green rhombus mean car invulnerable (just yours).
Date: July 17, 2019 09:54PM
Guys can you tell me where you can edit the grip power of the cars? Because all I can find in the editors is performance in terms of power in HP for each car of a selected season but never grip power...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2019 09:55PM by F1fever.
Date: July 17, 2019 11:09PM
Use GP3Phisyc editor. You can find in gp3++ as part of export procedure to the game.
I think there is also an othe version more recently , more rich, where you can edit the brake balance too.
Anyway the grip in phisyc editor means in terms of, tyre grip (lateral particularly), downforce coefficient and drag ratio. If you increase the downforce coefficent it will have more tyre consumpion and more downforce per the same value of wings in setup, so you will need modify the setup too. Similar for drag ratio, it is how much air opposites to your forward at a known downforce.
mind the weight has got effect on the grip, cosy is the vertical force on the tyres. But more weight is actually more inertia also, so you shouldmodify the X - Y - Z rotational inertia moment.
and worse, it make you modify springs , ground height of the car, and pakers if u used in setup
Date: July 18, 2019 01:54PM
Yeah I found the section. But I noticed that almost all of the options you mentioned affect all cars and not only human car. So logically if I change them your competititors will benefit also and they will remain better than you in terms of performance. What I want is to be able to modify my own car in order to be able to compete with them in ace level.

Another issue: the brake balance you mentioned is used to regulate the exessive brake power which results in excessive tires skid upon entering the turns? If yes kindly provide me with a link to the new physics editor you mentioned if available.

Thanks for you time pippozzo!!!
Date: July 18, 2019 09:30PM
Old Mechanical Grip (weight) -638288 unknown human only.
Date: July 18, 2019 10:43PM
no sorry fever I meant weight balance, which part of weight ofcar is on back or front. i mistake the name brakebalance, actually the brake balance was included in carsetup in the game.
i cannot remember but i found the newer version in some mod on this site, maybe Supercim 2018 or elio2012 megapatch 79 or 69, not remember, if i find where was it I put the link to download it.
Date: July 19, 2019 03:38PM
Supersim and pippozzo many thanks for your support! I have one last problem and I think I'll have the most perfect F1 simulation between my hands if I solve it.

In the physics editor, changes made in "human mechanical grip (weight) human only" clearly affect my car's behavior but the other ones in "Engine/drivetrain" tab seem not to be modifying my car power. I am talking about "Human qualy power" and "Human race power". The default values are at 800BHP @ 16600 RPM. Even if I enter 2000BHP, the car remain at the same acceleration and top speed. My goal is to increase my car's power without letting my teammate become stronger, this is why I didn't modify the car's power in GP3edit.

So, is there something wrong with the GP3 advanced physics editor v1.01?

Help!!!
Date: July 19, 2019 08:14PM
When you change: Human Race/Qualy Power, the Maximum Race/Qualy Torque is also changed automatically.
So the opponents will have the corresponding engine power. You have to play with adherence and performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2019 07:49PM by SuperCim.
Date: July 19, 2019 10:39PM
Supersim I agree with you... my problem is that whatever the BHP value is, there is no difference in the car's behaviour in terms of speed... :(
Date: July 20, 2019 10:29AM
Ok but can u use the physic Editor to modify the grip and downforce and brake force (if modify the RPM you will need click on OPTIMIZE button, cosy gera ratio is effected) .
Then use the GP3Edit to modify the Power of engine in qualify and race.
Date: July 20, 2019 05:50PM
Posted by: phantaman
What do you want to know? What is the doubt? :-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: July 21, 2019 02:49PM
Hello phantaman! My only concern is that I want to use the physics editor to boost my own car. So I am only modifying "human only values". But I can't understand the physical reason behind the fact that my car "doesn't care" about the BHP power I give it, whether it's 800 or 10000!!!
Date: July 22, 2019 09:38AM
After setting up, for example 976 (at 16600 RPM) with RPM at 15000, click on: optimize, then click on: Update gp3.exe.
Now with Gp3edit, the power of the engines changes, the Mercedes at the maximum value,
that is 950 and the others at lower values:
Performance> Engine BHP.
Click on Teams, then click on: Export.
Date: July 23, 2019 11:35PM
Supersim thanks for your concern but I guess your solution will affect all the cars and not only mine. Anyway sorry I know I am being annoyingly demanding... I'll try to figure it out myself... btw thanks for the magic number (-634288)! How did you figure it out?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy