GP3Video

Posted by pippozzo 
GP3Video
Date: September 18, 2018 10:26PM
Posted by: pippozzo
Hi guys. How can I post a message in GP3 Utilities Section?

Since someone asked to me about GP3video utility, to have a long replay in the game. I pubish here the link.
Mind,
It's NOT a 64bit executeble, dosbox needed to run it in 64bit systems.
and also, there is a bug with rain race for replay, when there is a player, it will finish out.

Anyway you will find this utility it in elio2012 megapatches and gp3++ supermod.

[drive.google.com]

Thanks.
Re: GP3Video
Date: September 21, 2018 11:53AM
Posted by: GP2tifoso28
This is crazy, I was literally watching back some races I did on GP2 with gp2video on a 1981 mod and I was wondering to myself if such a tool exists for gp3. Thanks for reading my mind. What do you mean about the rain bug? I don't completely understand... Anyway thanks mate I'll try it out
Date: September 21, 2018 02:10PM
Posted by: pippozzo
Yeah the tool was created in 2000, in fact GP3 2000 season (and Gp4 as well ) included by default the long replay.

about the bug,
I am not sure if it is about the .md infos in the track or some bug with cronometer when long replay, anyway when there are changeble weather, in general changeble conditions on track,
if you were player (it not happen when none driver is selected) , the player car follow a different realty in replay.
All commands are replicated , but the physics seems different and at the first turn car will go out.
I didn't find any solution to this problem.
Date: September 24, 2018 08:40AM
Posted by: GP2tifoso28
Ah ok now I understand. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

GP2replay has some strange bugs too.. for example the marshalls will be standing in the middle of the track and wont go away for the whole race, sometimes the replay will show something that didn't actually happen, and you also need to make sure if you're doing a championship you need to save your game independently from the replay because the replay can cause the result sheet to be random and have Jean-Paul Belmondo winning the race. Another trick I found with gp2replay is to make sure don't use the replay while you're still racing or it can affect the result.

Does anyone know who developed these tools? According to grandprix2.de gp2replay was developed by a guy called Rafa, is he the same guy who did gp3replay? I think these tools are brilliant because GP series is the only games where watching the races is just as entertaining as racing them. Geoff Crammond is still ahead of the game 20 years down the line. It would be cool to iron out the bugs but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or expertise. I would ask Rene Schmidt what he thinks but his forum appears to be down and I'm sure he's working on more important projects anyway
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy