Black screen GP3 on windows 7

Posted by CCesare 
Black screen GP3 on windows 7
Date: April 23, 2018 06:37PM
Posted by: CCesare
HI. I followed the article "GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10" and I installed gp3 on Windows 7 as normal, updated to GP3 1.13 and put the NOCD patch into the GP3 folder.
Then i copied dgvoodoo2 (setup and .dlls) into your main GP3 folder, setted them and runned the game...
The screen becomes black but the game doesn't start. How can I solve this problem? Thanks

i've just set the Compatibility Mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Re: Black screen GP3 on windows 7
Date: April 24, 2018 02:19PM
Posted by: pippozzo
set dg voodoo by administrator permissions . And run gpxpatch or gp3 with administrator mode.

by a guide from my manual of GP3++ :

"
DgVoodoo è un wrapper dei vecchi directX 7 e 8 che GP3 sfruttava. Per avviare il gioco tramite questo
“emulatore” , basta entrare nella cartella “C:\GP3\Utility\dgVoodoo2_52” e avviare il programma
dgVoodooSetup (VA ESEGUITO UNA SOLA VOLTA PER CONFIGURARE, POTREBBE RICHIEDERE MODALITA’
AMMINISTRATORE) .
Dalla finestra che si apre, fare click sul pulsante “Add” e selezionare la cartella c:\GP3 . questo creerà il file
dgvoodoo.conf nella cartella di GP3). Spostarsi ora sulla sezione “DirectX” della finestra.
Selezionare “ DgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card “ dal menu a tendina e selezionare 1024 MB di
VRAM. Spuntare poi SOLAMENTE le opzioni “no mipmapping” e “Fast Video Memory Access” ( tenere
deselezionate tutte le altre) . Infine cliccare sul pulsante APPLY e OK per chiudere la finestra.
A questo punto, copiare I file .dll contenuti nella cartella “ C:\GP3\Utility\dgVoodoo2_52\MS ”
direttamente nella cartella di c:\GP3.
"

"
DgVoodoo is a wrapper of the old directX 7 and 8 that GP3 ​​exploited. To start the game through this
"Emulator",
dgVoodooSetup (IT WAS ONLY ONCE TO CONFIGURE, COULD REQUEST MODES
ADMINISTRATOR).
From the window that opens, click on the "Add" button and select the folder c: \ GP3.
this will create the file dgvoodoo.conf in the GP3 folder). Now move to the "DirectX" section of the window.
Select "DgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card" from the drop down menu and select 1024 MB of
VRAM. Then select ONLY the "no mipmapping" and "Fast Video Memory Access" options (keep
deselect all the others). Finally click on the APPLY and OK button to close the window.
At this point, copy the .dll files in the "C: \ GP3 \ Utility \ dgVoodoo2_52 \ MS" folder
directly in the c: \ GP3 folder.
"
Date: April 25, 2018 09:04AM
Posted by: CCesare
the problem subsists although i launch gp3 and dgvoodoo with administrator permissions
I do not know what to do...
Date: April 25, 2018 09:25AM
Posted by: pippozzo
try to follow this post. The post explain how launch GP3++ with DGVODOO mode,
but you need to download the game from the link in it, and there there is showed how the game works.
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy