Driving without the "throttle help" assist?

Posted by Thrashmands 
Driving without the "throttle help" assist?
Date: January 15, 2017 11:26PM
Posted by: Thrashmands
I never figured it out! How do I accelerate the car without sliding on the first 2 gears when throttle help is off? As well as having very slow acceleration on the 3rd gear.
Any suggestions?

I play GP3 on w7 with a keyboard.
Re: Driving without the "throttle help" assist?
Date: January 16, 2017 04:48AM
Posted by: Carlitox
The technique I had out of the line was just step on the A key, balance the wiggle with the steering keys, if needed go from mashing A to tapping A and then you're off. Shame I don't have videos to demonstrate, but on keyboard you don't have many options aside from balancing the car steering like crazy. Wheels and GP3 never worked well for me, anyway. Tried once and never again.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: January 16, 2017 04:38PM
Posted by: pirx
Wheel or Gamepad works great with GP3! -just a matter of "Controller-Options-Setting" inside the game.

@ Thrashmands:
As a keyboard-controller is a digital controller you only can expect 2 values delivered by this kind of controllers: 0 or 1 - means: full or no throttle. So what you want will never be possible :(
You need an analog controlling device like wheel or pad..
Date: January 24, 2017 09:38AM
Posted by: phatdaddy
I played for years with just a joystick. In fact I went through the original Grand Prix and GP2 with joystick only.

Date: January 26, 2017 03:18PM
Posted by: pirx
phatdaddy schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I played for years with just a joystick. In fact
> I went through the original Grand Prix and GP2
> with joystick only.

..me too - with a "Gravis"-2-Button Joystick. Still own two of them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy