Fix for lag on Windows 7?

Posted by Ammonite 
Fix for lag on Windows 7?
Date: October 05, 2016 06:09PM
Posted by: Ammonite
My game starts lagging when multiple cars are on the screen and gets progressively worse the more cars there are. My computer has Windows 7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 graphics card, Intel Core Q8400 quad-core processor and 4GB RAM, so I would expect to be able to play the game smoothly. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Re: Fix for lag on Windows 7?
Date: October 05, 2016 06:52PM
Posted by: pirx
maybe read:
link
or
link
Date: October 05, 2016 11:46PM
Tried those and unfortunately that doesn't fix the problem.
Date: October 07, 2016 12:19AM
Posted by: pironi14
I had this problem for a really long time and had almost given up trying to fix it but this install of the game fixed the issue for me [drive.google.com].

This install is in italian by default but editing the f1system notepad and changing language to English (or whatever language is preferable) fixes this. I'm not sure what is in this particular install that makes it work but it works perfectly for me.

Another thing I've learnt is for some reason using a shortcut for GPxPatch causes the game to start running badly again and I had to do a complete reinstall of the game to fix that so that may also be causing your issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2016 12:19AM by pironi14.
Date: October 07, 2016 09:55AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Interesting to read that a shortcut can cause a slowdown of the game. Maybe worth a try at testing it.

Date: October 08, 2016 11:56PM
That install seems to work fine, cheers. How do I restore the original carset, sound, intro etc?
Date: October 09, 2016 05:19AM
Posted by: rodrogo
My cp has no accelerator card and to solve the lag problem and PO above 100%, I removed the likelihood of rain. I scored 0% and was excelent to play in win7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2016 05:24AM by rodrogo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy