End of GPGSL-3

Posted by Rod_vs 
End of GPGSL-3
Date: September 21, 2016 04:17PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
And GPGSL-3 comes to an end.

It's not a great news to tell, but my poor time completely impedes championship to continues. Also, my video card broke (GeForce 7300, the only that was running perfectly with Windows 7) and no other makes the game run perfectly.

I want to thank everyone who has been in the league at some point, or who helped organize somehow. Finally, here are the videos of the special races. Yes, I did two races. One in Belinidrome, as was announced, and one in Sakhir. Where it all began, in the distant 2007.

For those who want to continue the championship, here are the main files. I recommend you make a backup before. But here are the carsets, publishers, cars, cockpits and other files.

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/3crmMERl/file.html

I'll stay with One Racing in GPGSL and if the league continues, I will be willing to take questions.

Again, thank you all !!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Re: End of GPGSL-3
Date: September 21, 2016 06:11PM
Posted by: Mullet345
I've offered to continue the series, but only if I can get the mod to work properly. I would do video coverage, but I don't have a decent setup for that so I would most likely do screenshot coverages (although I don't know which image hosting site I would upload them to). One question I have is this: is the mod used for both sprint and full races? Or is there 2 mods to use for both?

Date: September 22, 2016 12:07AM
Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've offered to continue the series, but only if I
> can get the mod to work properly. I would do video
> coverage, but I don't have a decent setup for that
> so I would most likely do screenshot coverages
> (although I don't know which image hosting site I
> would upload them to). One question I have is
> this: is the mod used for both sprint and full
> races? Or is there 2 mods to use for both?

When you open file, you'll understand. I use one TXT for sprint race and another for full. I make qualifying and, to make sprint file, I opened GP3Edit, open TXT and edit qualifying value; for pole position, 1000 PP; for 2nd on grid, 2000... and so on and on.

I forgot option name to open these file.

But one thing, Greg: it's not necessary to maintain the same rules. If someone wants to continue championship and wants to create another rule, only one race, modify points system... no problem!!

Date: September 22, 2016 08:29AM
Rod_vs Wrote:
> When you open file, you'll understand. I use one
> TXT for sprint race and another for full. I make
> qualifying and, to make sprint file, I opened
> GP3Edit, open TXT and edit qualifying value; for
> pole position, 1000 PP; for 2nd on grid, 2000...
> and so on and on.
>
> I forgot option name to open these file.
>
> But one thing, Greg: it's not necessary to
> maintain the same rules. If someone wants to
> continue championship and wants to create another
> rule, only one race, modify points system... no
> problem!!

So I can change how the series is run in terms of races/points etc? That's good to know. I can still call it Season 11 even if I do change a few of the rules?

Date: September 22, 2016 04:10PM
Mullet345 Wrote:
> So I can change how the series is run in terms of
> races/points etc? That's good to know. I can still
> call it Season 11 even if I do change a few of the
> rules?

Yes!! And, if you want, use screenshots, like GPGSL.

Date: September 22, 2016 04:12PM
Ah! For all of people: if someone wants a help to paint car, I can help!! And put standings, too!!

Date: September 26, 2016 06:00AM
Ok. I'm struggling to work out how to set the files up so that the mod can work as intended. Do I copy/paste the files in? Or do I have to use the jam editor to get them in?

Date: September 26, 2016 05:35PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Rod, it was a pleasure and an honor to be involved in your series as driver and former champion. Your decision is fully respectable as we all know about your PC issues and most of us know about your radio journalism work which must be very time consuming. Hope that if Greg or any of us manage to continue this series, you'll continue as driver and with ONE Racing. For now, take a bow and some rest. You deserve it after 10 great seasons.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 27, 2016 12:18AM
Posted by: pirx
you need all jams in the right places and if you wanna change the look of jams (cars, cockpits, helmets, etc.. ) you edit them with jam editor. notice, there are 3 jam-editors, maybe more:
-JamEditor (one for HW-, one for SW-jams)
-Jammer (simplier, but doesn´t work for all jams)

ps: the right places for all jams are defined in gpxpatch (seasonset, carset, trackset, physics, carshape, .. ) and have to be loaded with ".ini-files". To explain everything is impossible, maybe analyze the ini-files in UNIVERSEmod located in ../gpxpatch/.. they include almost everything thats possible.

Mullet345 schrieb:
> Ok. I'm struggling to work out how to set the
> files up so that the mod can work as intended. Do
> I copy/paste the files in? Or do I have to use the
> jam editor to get them in?
Date: October 01, 2016 04:22AM
For .set files, where do they go in the GP3 2000 folder? If I knew that, then I may be able to get it setup properly.

Date: October 01, 2016 04:35PM
Mullet345 Wrote:
> For .set files, where do they go in the GP3 2000
> folder? If I knew that, then I may be able to get
> it setup properly.

Greg, I didn't understand very well what you say, but .set files are used into GPxPatch. Look these pictures (that I used):

On link that I put on 1st post there are all files. I use GP3Jam to import cars and cockpits (only) and JamTool to:

*fix black transparency on cars;
*import helmets, pitcrews, JMs and man timebox.

Ah! Look on pic. 03 that Team order are different from standard. I changed on this way, because it leaves long time to update all the time pitcrews, man timebox and JMs.

And to change BHPs (performance values) I used GP3Edit and "load" GPGSL-3.txt, inside gpxpdata/gpgsl-3.

As I said before, if you (or other person who wants to continue championship) wants to change rules, no problem. I can help with cars layout, if necessary.

Date: October 14, 2016 09:55AM
So if .ini files are needed, how do I know which ones are the right ones to use to set the mod up?

Date: October 14, 2016 10:12AM
Posted by: pirx
..it took me a long time to find this out. Again, maybe analyze the ini-files in UNIVERSEmod by loading a season and analyse how gpxatch is filled with the ini´s there..
Date: October 14, 2016 12:02PM
Think I'm doing ok. I've been using jam editor to convert the liveries from HW to SW, but it doesn't want to convert the helmets for some reason. Also, the cars themselves aren't showing the liveries and are missing the shape of the car. Not exactly sure what I need to do to get the car showing and have the liveries applied from the .set file.

Date: October 14, 2016 12:38PM
Ok. Finally figured out ehat was wrong with the liveries. I was putting too much in the file location in the .set file. Reduced it down to show the actual folder, and now the liveries are showing up. Still need to do something about the helmets though.

Date: October 14, 2016 01:45PM
Got pitcrew and tyres showing up now in the mod, so all I have left is to get the helmets showing properly and find out how to stop the cars disappearing off the screen when viewing from other cars.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy