Introducing: GrandPrixYannick

Posted by GrandPrixYannick 
Introducing: GrandPrixYannick
Date: December 05, 2012 07:31PM
Posted by: GrandPrixYannick
Hello people,

I am kinda new here, but I am an experienced Grand Prix 3, Grand Prix 4, Grand Prix Legends... well, many-racing-games player.
To introduce myself: I am GrandPrixYannick, member of Team Shadica (I might have been mentioned by peopel as smoglessbutton4), and the man behind the Team Shadica episodes on YouTube.

I am glad to FINALLY join this community -after how many times deciding to do it or not-, and to share my stuff with you people.

Now, I have some trouble:
Sometimes I download tracks and I always read the readme's carefully and I do exactly as said. Now, what sometimes happens, is that I do all the stuff in the right folder, etc. And then I load the track using GPxPatch. Everything should work perfectly. But what instead happens, is that the crashes and I am back to desktop.

What could possibly go wrong? Last time I went through it, was a few days ago, with Bahrain. Everything was put in the correct folder. Everything should have gone properly, but instead it does not work at all. How?
Re: Introducing: GrandPrixYannick
Date: December 05, 2012 07:45PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Ah, Yannick! You're here at last!

To let you guys know, this is the guy whom I posted about who had the mysterious self-solving bug! ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: December 05, 2012 08:59PM
Posted by: mortal
Welcome to the forums Yannick. If you want to know what causes a CTD, post your gpx error log (put gpx error log in the topic header) so we can read it. Set gpx verbosity to high.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 05, 2012 09:16PM
Posted by: pirx
welcome on board!

..have you inserted any magicdatas into your tracks?

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: December 05, 2012 09:23PM
I believe no magic data was included with track.
Date: December 05, 2012 09:28PM
This is what I get when I want to drive at the track. I apologize for the Dutch language ;)
Date: December 05, 2012 09:48PM
That is useless to me. gpx creates an error log when GP3/4 crashes. That is what I want to see. Copy and paste it here, or if it is too big, upload it and post the direct download link.
If GP3 works without the track, the track must be at fault, therefore I would try another version.
If the same track works on other machines, the operating system must be at fault. Is GP3 running in XP compatibility mode? Make sure gpx is set to verbosity high on front tab of gpx and cpu is set to 0. If you have to force close GP3, perhaps gpx and the error log is still running in the background, use alt-tab to cycle through running applications to see if the log has been created. The error log is what I want to see ok.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 05, 2012 10:01PM
mortal
If GP3 works without the track, the track must be at fault, therefore I would try another version.

That is probably the problem. I have tried two version, actually, both from grandprix3.co.uk (2009 & 2012), neither worked. It is actually unnecessary, because I had it in mind for a little thing which I now aborted. But I wonder actually why some tracks without doing anything wrong, do not want to work. All other tracks which I currently have set are doing perfectly fine.
Date: December 05, 2012 10:07PM
Without an error log, I cannot say.

Date: December 05, 2012 10:26PM
GrandPrixYannick schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe no magic data was included with track.

..you can create an empty magicdata file with "Create Magic Editor" and try to insert it into the track with "cmagic"

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: December 05, 2012 11:09PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I think Pirx got the good idea : you have to insert magic data file in most of the tracks. Some have them inserted already so your game doesn't crash, but some doesn't have. You have to search for them or create yourself (but that's more complicated).

Date: December 05, 2012 11:20PM
Eric is right, to buildup a good magicdata is not so easy & alot of work. But just to try if a track is working and lets you drive it to insert an empty magicdata is the fastest way to test. Please try it before going deeper into the problem -it worked in 95% in my case.

Or tell us what track it is and we can look for a fitting magicdata...

:)

"Oiııo.
Pilot Pirx
Date: December 05, 2012 11:21PM
Yeah, I am kinda lazy when it comes to that stuff... But now I already deleted Bahrain so I guess I should emember Magic for next time :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy