NR2003 question

Posted by Anonymous User 
NR2003 question
Date: June 18, 2009 01:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
'lo guys,

Um, I just digged out my copy of NR2003 and found that when I rev through the engine, there is no change in engine pitch, just a change in the volume of the same file. As you can imagine, its fairly disorientating... I've installed a couple of soundpacks and car mods (CTS and OWR2007), and they have the same issue. I've also reinstalled the game a few times, and I tried trawling through the CAB file incase the sound files got corrupted during install but I guess using the soundpacks and mods disproves that.

Has anyone dealt with this before, any advice?

Cheers!
Re: NR2003 question
Date: June 18, 2009 07:08AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Greatly unrelated....

HI JOSH!
Date: June 18, 2009 09:02AM
Posted by: gav
It won't be the game (well, it will be to an extent), but the drivers for the soundcard. NR2003 has always been a bitch with sound drivers (as is GPL).

Try installing some newer sound drivers and see if there's any difference (I doubt it will fix it to be honest).

If not, do you have another sound chip (like a one built into the motherboard, if you're not using that one already)?

Failing that, you could try turning down the sound acceleration:

Start > Run > type "dxdiag" > OK > Sound tab > move slider on the bottom half down one notch.
Date: June 20, 2009 05:53PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Cheers Gav,

Tried all that to no avail in XP - found out its quite a common problem with onboard sound on NR2003. Since it apparently is fixed when you step up to Vista, I've given the Windows 7 RC a whirl and it worked! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of hardware issues, I would have been going round in circles thinking it was a software-based glitch if you hadn't!

Similarly unrelated, HI GUI!
Date: June 20, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
ks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 'lo guys,
>
> Um, I just digged out my copy of NR2003 and found
> that when I rev through the engine, there is no
> change in engine pitch, just a change in the
> volume of the same file. As you can imagine, its
> fairly disorientating... I've installed a couple
> of soundpacks and car mods (CTS and OWR2007), and
> they have the same issue. I've also reinstalled
> the game a few times, and I tried trawling through
> the CAB file incase the sound files got corrupted
> during install but I guess using the soundpacks
> and mods disproves that.
>
> Has anyone dealt with this before, any advice?
>
> Cheers!

I had the same problem, nothing cured it. I just put up with it, but I've since found it works on a certain desktop system that's not too shabby to run it effectively.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 02, 2009 02:36PM
Posted by: ferrariman
Hi there, i have another question for NR2003

Have done a fresh install on xp 32bit and also tried on vista 64bit and it runs lovely. However on both, with all the graphics settings set to max for everything, the textures for the cars are slightly blurry / low res. Does anyone know why this is or how to solve it.

Machine Specs are:

ASUS P5N32e-SLI Motherboard
Intel Q6600 2.66GHZ Processor
EVGA GTX260 812mb Graphics card
1000w Thermaltake Power Supply

Thanks
Date: July 04, 2009 12:47PM
Posted by: gav
There are quite a few texture tweaks you can do through the .ini file of whichever graphics renderer you're using (OpenGL or DirectX - DirectX is the one I've always used). Here's my rend_dxg.ini file.

[3D Accelerator Analysis]
PolyRate=437.04
AnisotropicLevel=8
TextureSetSize=500006912
BitsPerPixel=32
TestedFullScreen=1
; Height=1200
; Width=1920
vSyncMode=0
MipMapLODBias=-0.50
BestStampVOffset=0.50
BestStampUOffset=0.50
UseStencilBuffer=0
MipFilter=2
MinFilter=2
MagFilter=2
; Renderer=atiumdag.dll
; Version=Product 8 Version 14.10 Build 647
; Vendor=ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

1) Run config.exe and let the graphics calibration tool do its thing. Start NR2003 and set all the graphics settings to whatever you'd want them at (the max I presume). Exit the game.

2) Copy the rend_dxg.ini file somewhere in case the new settings don't work.

3) Open up the original file in the NR2003 folder with notepad.

4) Copy everything above other than the lines I've removed (the ones with the ';';) into that file, replacing the original lines but leaving the specific lines for your Nvidia card and resolution. Save that .ini file.

5) Add some anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering in the NVIDIA control panel (you could make a profile if you want). Whack the settings up near to max if you want - that card should handle it. That should sharpen things up a bit.

6) Start NR2003 and see how she works. FPS should drop a bit, but she'll look far better for it. Make sure the FPS is acceptable when starting from near the back of a full grid, as that should be when the most demand is on the graphics subsystem.
Date: July 04, 2009 07:21PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Always tweak NR2003 graphics using this guide:

[www.30plusracing.com]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 06, 2009 03:26PM
Posted by: ferrariman
Cheers guys - shall try this later
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy