ferrari thrustmaster wheel trouble for rfactor, can u use it?

Posted by Craigo 
yup another one of these questions. I currently have some crappy ferrari thrustmaster wheel but ive heard that theres problems with this wheel? It doesnt work in rfactor, no reaction once plugged in

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2008 12:26PM by Craigo.
Re: Which steering wheel for rfactor?
Date: June 09, 2008 03:28PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
look at the other 50 threads we have ;)

G25 is the only thing u should think of buying tbh

Date: June 09, 2008 06:22PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
but when you dont want to spend 200 euro + on a steering wheel, then the momo racing force feedback is better one, with good searching i got it for 80 euro.

Date: June 09, 2008 10:19PM
Posted by: ferrariman
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but when you dont want to spend 200 euro + on a
> steering wheel, then the momo racing force
> feedback is better one, with good searching i got
> it for 80 euro.

Yep - the momo force is a great wheel for any type of racing, which suits rfactor perfectly. Just dont expect to be great at rally games as the wheel is very slow at turning very quickly
yup another one of these questions. I currently have some crappy ferrari thrustmaster wheel but ive heard that theres problems with this wheel?
Which one do you have? I have the GT one that's quite old now (full wheel, with a Ferrari badge in the middle and paddels and a stick) and I've never had any problems with it in rF. You have to have the updated drivers, but there's certainly no blanket problem with them.

I have Thrustmaster Ferrari FF Steering Wheel and since having Vista it works perfectly in rFactor and all games wich arent just quick conversions from PS2 versions with totally failed try to make controls work.

When I had XP it didnt work in any games or with any drivers for more than maximum few mins, before it stopped working and had to reset steering wheel (same with all 3 PC's in da house).

Ferrari 360 Modena steering wheel wich I also have works perfectly even on XP and it works without installing any drivers. Just plug & play.

Ferrari FF:

Modena:

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2008 01:31PM by IWE.
I use this thrustmaster wheel and it works fine with rFactor

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I used to have this wheel:

The Thrustmaster Ferrari GT, I didn't like it though, but it works, thats the main thing, now ive bought myself this:

Momo force feedback wheel, it only costs a little more then the gt, but is thousands time better, in the beginning your really wondering wtf is this, but after your getting used to it you have a real good feel of the track surface, what the car is doing, and a sensitive throthle for no tc :) it brought me around 3 seconds easily in gtr2.

iceman kimi that the one, the 2 in 1 as its ps2 useable aswell?
I plug it but in rfactor if i move it or press the peddles nothing happens, even in control menu with that diagram which is meant to show u the movement?
Should it be plug and play
well the ferrari thrustmaster is playable for ps2 aswell yeh... but i think for the computer you should install the software first.

From all of my games Thrustmaster Ferrari FF worked on PS2 only with F12001 (EA sports) and Gran Turismo series.

And on PC the software have to be installed first. Actually windows keeps asking to install software till you do that.

I just still dunno about wich Thrustmaster Ferrari steering wheel we are talking about because there is already maybe more than 10 different ones.. But all forcefeedback ones should work basicly same way, execpt what comes to PS2 support. Non forcefeedback wheels are plug & play, but I dont think those have any PS2 support, simply because there is own versions for every console.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
i have one of those. i'm running OS Windows Xp, and i'm playing the game rfactor. I have the original drivers, but i already did the update for XP, but the wheel keeps stop working after a few minutes in Rfactor.
So, you said that you are not facing any problems with this wheel, so, tell me what have you done to do it work.

I will apreciate that!

PS: i really want to know because it's killing me, not be able to play rfactor, and this wheel still the best, in everything, force, materials, except in design.

The bests.
Date: June 08, 2010 06:34PM
Posted by: NunoSenna
ops!!

@mortal

my wheel it's like yours.
Date: June 09, 2010 01:23AM
Posted by: mortal
I have installed the Logitech software, running XP pro. Not one problem in any game.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
NunoSenna, unplug your wheel then plug it back in before playing any game. Every time after you go on Stand By or Shut Down.
Re: ferrari thrustmaster wheel trouble for rfactor, can u use it?
Date: June 09, 2010 02:38PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I have the same wheel as Mortal. It's great, used it for years.

However, Windows 7 doesn't like it and Thrustmaster have not released a driver :/
loque is correct, there is no W7 driver, and that particular wheel is used for GP4 now and not for rFactor. There is no PS2 support on the one I have either. I now use a G25 for rFactor. I would download the thrustmaster drivers and the profiler, that might help.

Date: June 10, 2010 01:06AM
Posted by: NunoSenna
@ guimengo

i allways perform that operation, always. but the problem remain.

@ mortal

so do you installed the logitech software and it worked... ok! but i'm running on XP home edition. should i try the xp pro? or is not a OS problem but a software/drivers problem of the wheel?

tell me which software did you donwload, for me download it too. Nevertheless i will try it first in OS XP home edition.

There is one thing that keep buzzing me, it's sometimes when I UNPLUGGED and PLUG-IN the device he ask me for the drivers again, and I already instaled them. if the wheel wasn's so god damn good, i will send him trough the window side by side with the laptop.......
Date: June 12, 2010 08:16AM
Posted by: mortal
I cannot recall what drivers I installed, as I now use a G25. You will just have to hunt them down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy