Company of heroes Problem?

Posted by RenaultFan 
Company of heroes Problem?
Date: December 03, 2006 09:00PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Hey Guys

Today I purchased the game company of heroes but am getting a error message after the game installs and it goes to run. heres the message:

NOT ENOUGH VIRTUAL MEMORY TO RUN THE GAME. YOUR SYSTEM TOTAL PAGING FILES MUST BE AT LEAST 768MB. PLEASE CONSULT THE MANUAL THAT CAMW WITH YOUR OS.

Im not a Pc expert and dont really know what that means, here ar my pc specs

2.19 GHZ AMD 64
1.5 GB RAM
ATI x700 Video card
Soundblaster sound card

Thanks for anybody that could help me with this problem, I would just take the game back but they dont refund your money for opened software :(

Thanks again
Jeremy
Re: Company of heroes Problem?
Date: December 03, 2006 09:09PM
Posted by: NickKK
Ok to set virtual memory you do the following
right click My Computer ->Properties ->Advanced->Performance settings->Advanced tab->Change button under virtual memory (windows is SO user friendly isn't it)
and from there you can set how much/where virtual memory is. I haven't heard of a game requiring a minimum amount of virtual memory, but meh might be true.

Date: December 03, 2006 09:14PM
cheers for the quick response mate I will give that a go, yeah I have never heard of that before

Thanks again
Jeremy
Date: December 03, 2006 09:25PM
Thanks all is good now:) one last question for you mate, what exactly did I do? lol. I changed it from 576 to 768 and it works great now but should I change it back to 576 after I get done playing? or just leave it? cause Im not quite sure what that does?

Thanks again
Jeremy
Date: December 03, 2006 10:51PM
Posted by: gav
Just leave it. All you're missing is 200mb of hard drive space. If you need that extra 200mb back, you should be buying a shiny new hard drive about...... now. ;)
Date: December 03, 2006 11:05PM
thanks for the info mate :) much appreciated

Jeremy
Date: December 04, 2006 11:51AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Good game isn't it? ;)

Bit heavy on the GFX side but damn it's good!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 04, 2006 04:26PM
Posted by: Rico
Great game but i got stuck in that mission where all those bloody bastards come with tanks and so on :p
Date: December 04, 2006 09:33PM
yeah I have only done the tutorial so far but it does look great, yeah your right Ian it is heavy on the old vid card :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy