F1 2016 - 04/08/16 - NEW AMAZING TRAILER!!

Posted by madotter 
F1 2016 - 04/08/16 - NEW AMAZING TRAILER!!
Date: May 26, 2016 02:52PM
Posted by: madotter
F1 2016 announced with a 10 year career mode and the return of the safety car and the VSC

Codemasters F1 2016 Blog

The Codemasters F1 2016 Game Press Release Quotes:

Codemasters® and Koch Media today announced that F1™ 2016, the official videogame of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, will include the most immersive career mode ever featured in the franchise. F1 2016 will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) this summer.

The life-like recreation of the sport will be further enhanced by the addition of the sport’s iconic Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car, as well as the introduction of the challenging new street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan for the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE.

F1 2016 uniquely offers the drama and vehicle development that goes on behind the scenes. A rich car upgrade system is fully integrated into a new and deep practice development programme which mirrors the tests carried out by the teams in real life.

To complement the on-track experience, and to expand the realism of the Career mode, F1 2016 includes stunning hospitality areas for each team that act as the player’s game hub. In this area they will work with their Research and Development Engineer and Player Agent to develop their progress both on and off the track. To further enhance the immersion, players will also be able to spot other key figures from the paddock within the hospitality areas.

We’re entering E3 announcement season and that means sports games. Racing is the first to start, with the announcement of F1 2016 coming today. This year’s official adaptation of the world’s most popular form of motor racing brings with it a singificant single-player upgrade, letting you string together 10 seasons of play into one massive career mode. It also sees system changes with the reintroduction of the safety car and virtual safety car, as well as one new track based on the street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Lee Mather, Principal Games Designer at developers Codemasters, calls it a “massive step forward for the franchise” and promises that the career mode “sits at the heart of the game.” It has you creating an avatar and driver number to begin with, before letting you choose which team to race for. Each expects different things from you - some just want you to cross the finish line in the majority of races, while the likes of Mclaren and Ferrari will be expecting championships.

“Beyond improving upon the fastest and most thrilling on-track racing experience in gaming,” continues Mather, “F1 2016 uniquely offers the drama and vehicle development that goes on behind the scenes. A rich car upgrade system is fully integrated into a new and deep practice development programme which mirrors the tests carried out by the teams in real life.”

The return of Career Mode:

This is the headline feature of F1 2016 at announcement, and it's no wonder, really. F1 2015's driving was great and everything, but with just single-season and race weekend modes to enjoy it on, it felt as though the series had taken a step backwards. Like, right back to the pre-F1 2010 days, when career mode was first implemented. But don't worry, it's back for 2016 with a ten-season lifespan.

"In the new career mode," reads the announcement presser, "players select an avatar to represent them within the game world as well as choosing a number to take with them through their career.

"They are then free to choose from any of the FORMULA ONE teams, all with different goals and expectations. It may be more challenging to start further down the grid, but it will also be easier to exceed team expectations. Players can earn contracts and move from team to team, or choose to develop their favourite team into a championship contender."

So that's great. I wasn't the only one who wanted to see career mode return - it was perhaps the most frequent request on community message boards and social media following F1 2015.

What do we all think? I loved F1 2015 and can't wait for this - I just hope the squash all the bugs that plagued online gameplay.

Thanks,
Iain.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 04:53PM by madotter.
More pictures and blog added :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2016 04:06PM by madotter.
VSC will be interesting to see hopefully it works well

X (@ed24f1)
I'm not sure it's worthwhile wasting time and money with this game (personally)... I can't play these codemasters games without thinking about all the things the GPx games do better.

The one plus is the online play but even this is redundant when you consider the quality AI in GP4 who are in many ways better than real humans because they at least follow the basic laws of racing (well, most the time) whereas the codemasters lobbies are full of immature people who want to crash and cause drama. This of course is just my personal opinion but in recent years I decided to not waste my money when I have more fun and emotion playing GPx... Even in GP2 I have more immersion in a 100% race than in codemasters and that's pretty amazing for a 20yr old game VS modern technology... but obviously other people may enjoy the codemasters games more than I do
F1 2016 (XBONE/PS4/PC) Videos of gameplay!
Date: June 15, 2016 01:12PM
The first LEGAL footage of F1 2016 at E3 (in 1080p) is here. These videos are allowed so I will link them here!

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2016 01:13PM by madotter.
Re: F1 2016 (XBONE/PS4/PC) Videos of gameplay!
Date: June 16, 2016 11:08AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Was one of the chosen few for the recent beta and I think the game is certainly an improvement.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 17, 2016 12:11AM
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was one of the chosen few for the recent beta and
> I think the game is certainly an improvement.

Wow, you are very lucky :) I wish I was chosen but it wasn't meant to be. I look forward to the 19th August :)
Date: July 07, 2016 07:05PM
Posted by: Spike02
That HAAS car looks really nice ;)
New trailer, screenshots and details released today :)

Formation lap CONFIRMED!!
Manual starts CONFIRMED!!
Manual pitlane entry CONFIRMED!!
22 player online races CONFIRMED!!

Today, we’re very happy to reveal that F1 2016, the official videogame of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, will take you deeper into the sport than ever before with 22 player online racing, and the introduction of features such as the Formation Lap and manual starts.

We’re taking you to the next level by replicating the real world sport like never before with the Formation Lap appearing for the first time, allowing you to experience the height of the pre-race tension and warm your tyres in preparation for the all-important start.

We’ve also released a new trailer, which is below, which features in-game footage and shows off the new time-of-day editor, action from the paddock and hospitality area, including your engineer and agent, as well as the pit lane, grid and track.

Alongside the previously announced Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car (which you can read here), F1 2016 will also include manual race starts. You’ll need to engage your clutch and balance your revs, as you wait for the lights to go out. Your reaction time is vital here, as too early and you risk a jump start, or getting stuck on the grid as the anti-stall engages.

You’ll also be able to have manual control over your pit lane entry and braking, so you can look to minimising the time lost when pitting. You’ll also need to brake in time to avoid a penalty for speeding in the pit lane, which is also a feature included in F1 2016, along with a new five second pit stop penalty.

We talked to Principal Games Designer Lee Mather about this:

“We strive to create a game that is as close to the actual sport as possible. We have listened to the feedback from our community and that has resulted in us introducing the Safety Car, Virtual Safety Car, Formation Lap, manual race starts and the host of other gameplay features that get us even closer to the real sport and add to the experience for the player.

“Increasing the multiplayer support to 22 players was extremely important to us,” added Lee. “We want to be able to fill the whole grid with human players to create those great race moments and stories. It also provides greater support for online leagues.”

With multiplayer support for up to 22 drivers, you can form a full grid of human players across the 21 circuits featured in the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the tight Baku street circuit, the latest addition to the calendar.

The more observant of you will have noticed the pit wall boards in some of our previous screenshots, these will be in-game, delivering crucial information to you, presenting you with exactly what you see while watching a race. There’s also a realistic penalty system and car damage sensitivity, and for the very first time in the franchise, we’ve introduced wheel tethers as well.

We’re very proud to announce our brand new pro surfaces: remodelled kerbs, and surfacing add to the level of realism. We’ve also been adding new physics into the game, allowing you really emulate the sport.

This is alongside our previously announced career mode in single player, where you’re able to create your own legend in the expansive Career Mode which stretches for up to ten seasons and includes drama both on and off the track.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2016 08:14PM by madotter.
I just hope they fine tune the AI this time to not be so comitted to the line and to actually back off when they are clearly beaten for an overtake. I can't remember how many times I've overtaken someone in F1 2015 by squeezing carefully against the wall (not a la Rosberg mind you, always an eye on the mirrors), and the AI does not back off at all, in fact it retakes the line before me being ahead, therefore spinning me. Got a couple clips of that but the move is always similar. You need to give the AI way more that a car's length of space.

But yeah pretty hyped with this one, especially as it will be the first one I'll be able to play from day one. Just hope my generic wheel is somewhat recognised.

Will it be using the same engine? If so, then the requirements should be fairly similar.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Yes agree completely about last year's AI it really affected the enjoyment of the game.

X (@ed24f1)
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just hope they fine tune the AI this time to not
> be so comitted to the line and to actually back
> off when they are clearly beaten for an overtake.
> I can't remember how many times I've overtaken
> someone in F1 2015 by squeezing carefully against
> the wall (not a la Rosberg mind you, always an eye
> on the mirrors), and the AI does not back off at
> all, in fact it retakes the line before me being
> ahead, therefore spinning me. Got a couple clips
> of that but the move is always similar. You need
> to give the AI way more that a car's length of
> space.
>
> But yeah pretty hyped with this one, especially as
> it will be the first one I'll be able to play from
> day one. Just hope my generic wheel is somewhat
> recognised.
>
> Will it be using the same engine? If so, then the
> requirements should be fairly similar.

Yeah, I agree. It's always been the lesser of two evils for me. Most racing games AI just jump out of the way and don't really attack or defend and with F1 2015 they did but they didn't know when to give in. I hope they find that sweet spot too :)
Beta 3 just finished - unfortunately some of the AI issues above still exist but quite a few people suggested this should be rectified so hopefully they have a look at it.

Apart from that, there are really a lot of nice features in the game and I'm looking forward to release!

X (@ed24f1)
Re: F1 2016 - 04/08/16 - NEW AMAZING TRAILER!!
Date: August 04, 2016 04:49PM
It's looking soooooooooooooooo good!

Get the video full screen @ 1080p60fps and enjoy :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 04:52PM by madotter.
Date: September 06, 2016 03:36AM
Posted by: Carlitox
Ok so I got the game last week as soon as I got my paycheck and fired it up. Straight away it felt so much damn better.

Well, now I started career mode. Set it in 'Hard' (which I don't know if it's hard at all, someone more skillful than me could confirm if it is indeed not newbie-friendly). This happened.

It was hard as hell, but boy was it rewarding. Three way fight with Massa and Hamilton in the last 5 laps. In slower tyres. IN A MANOR. That's why I'm not sure if Hard difficulty is hard at all, as I don't consider myself THAT skilled.

But yeah, do buy this thing. It's epic.

Date: September 06, 2016 08:10PM
Posted by: kedy89
Hard is quite easy imo, you should definitely try a higher setting :)

Driving on legend myself, never been so happy about a 10th place before. Got it in the Renault in Shanghai. Still thinking about a career-restart though, as I'm up to Singapore, and the car is on level with Red Bull and Ferrari now. Allows me to fight for wins, which is rather unrealistic for the 1st season only.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: September 07, 2016 08:26AM
Posted by: Carlitox
I was suspecting that. I'll keep on this campaign though, might help me refine my skills a bit before pumping up to Legend. Still was hard for me but then again, I haven't been simracing so much since I got a new job (which is ironically the one thing that allowed me to purchase this now).

Date: September 07, 2016 04:22PM
Posted by: kedy89
You certainly could try expert, that should be the one between hard and legend. Can always switch back for the next GP if it turns out to be too difficult.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy