Civilization V (Science Victory?)

Posted by mortal 
Civilization V (Science Victory?)
Date: January 25, 2011 10:01AM
Posted by: mortal
I have completed the three required SS Boosters, the Cockpit, the Engine and the Stasis Chamber. I have all the parts to assemble the rocket and launch for Alpha Centauri. Doing this will win me the Science Victory. However I am unable to assemble the parts! All the parts have been sent to the capital for assembly. The capital has a factory, and a spaceship factory. What have I missed here? Google says there is an assembly button, but the button does not exist for me. I'm short of gold, but I don't see anywhere that I'm supposed to have gold to enable assembly, and there's really not much information in the help section.
My citizens are hungry, and I'm losing units because of it. All of my cities have nuclear weapons, killer robots and icbm's. It looks like I'll have to drop a nuke on Kuala Lumpur and annexe the city so I can pillage its resources to feed my starving citizens!
Any help here appreciated. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Civilization V (Science Victory?)
Date: January 25, 2011 04:44PM
Posted by: senninho
I can't help with your problem, but hereby award you three Internets for the awesome final third of the post ;)

Date: January 26, 2011 05:54PM
Posted by: Morbid
You don't need gold. You assemble the spaceship via the Victory Screen. That is where the button appears.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 26, 2011 08:51PM
Hmm, the Victory Screen? I'll have to have a good look for that tonight, can't say I recall seeing it anywhere. Thanks for the advice. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 27, 2011 09:37AM
In the main game window, click the scroll under the turn indicator. From the small menu that appears, select "Victory Progress".

Date: January 27, 2011 10:00AM
Thanks, I have found the screen, it says '1 player has achieved the Apollo Program'. I assume that is me as I have built the boosters etc. The remaining buttons which show the boosters, the engine, cockpit and stasis chamber are not lit. I don't see an assemble button. Frustrating, as another player has just completed the Manhattan Project.

Date: January 27, 2011 10:42AM
Hmm... I was sure that was how it was done, but I guess they either changed it in a patch, or my memory betrays me.

There is another way though.

Make sure there are no workers (or other service units) in the capitol. Make sure that no other victory condition has been met (no space race for "just one more turn!" mode).

Move one part of the spaceship into the capitol at a time. When the part reaches the capitol, a button should appear on you command queue for that part. The command queue is the tower of buttons in your lower left corner, that extends from the unit selection box (the one with unit name, movement, experience, and so on). The button you need in the command queue should be right over the movement button. It looks like the space shuttle with an arrow on top indicating upwards motion.

You can clearly see this button on the picture below.

Date: January 27, 2011 11:18AM
Aha! You have solved it for me. I am in 'Just one more turn' mode. Looks like I will have to start over, I'm not going to achieve the victory. GRRR! LOL. :-) A different strategy is in order next time around. Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy