Torture is more preferable to iTunes...

Posted by Incident 2k9 
Torture is more preferable to iTunes...
Date: February 10, 2012 10:25PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I recently got a new laptop, and installed iTunes on it. However, I can't sync my iPhone without iTunes wiping it of all the songs I have on there. Is there a way to get all the songs off the iPhone onto iTunes so I can sync it and put all the music back on it?

Cheers.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: Torture is more preferable to iTunes...
Date: February 10, 2012 11:31PM
Posted by: truecrysis
You would hope this is possible, ive only ever done it with ipods (which is very easy) never iphones, but is your's jailbroken? I imagine this sort of thing would be much easier if it is...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: February 11, 2012 09:58AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I know sometimes when I delete a song from my iTunes library, next time I sync, it lets me know that there are songs on my iPod not in my library and offers to add them to my library, so it is theoretically possible to transfer songs from your iPod/iPhone to the iTunes library.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 11, 2012 10:38AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
One of my friends had the same problem

Think he used a piece of software called sharepod which basically gets all the music files off of your ipod/iphone

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: February 11, 2012 10:50AM
It's not jailbroken, no.

Might give Sharepod a go, just as long as it isn't riddled with viruses and stuff.

Cheers everyone.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: February 12, 2012 12:39PM
Posted by: pankykapus
There is an option in iTunes saying "manually sync my library" or something very similar, this will prevent your iWhatever getting synced with an empty library.
Yes, I'd lost my 30GB+ music library countless times before finding this... :)

Also open Total Commander, set "show hidden files" and you'll find all your stuff on your iPod/iPhone and you can just copy it back when you lose it. Each file has some coded name, so you don't know which is which, though the tags remain fine so all artwork and stuff stay the same once you copy the files back.
Date: February 12, 2012 06:53PM
Posted by: loren
Yeah, it is not too hard, you don't need any specialized programs just windows explorer.

Just make sure you go to the itunes preferences first and tell it not to automatically sync.

Then explore your ipod and turn on hidden files. I found my files in a folder like ipod control/music. This is full of a bunch of folders like F##. These are full of music files. Just copy those files into My Computer/music/itunes/automatically add to itunes or something like that.

I just had to do this for the 2nd time, I'll have to think about a better system for backing up my stuff.
Date: February 12, 2012 07:42PM
Managed to make an almighty screw-up somewhere along the line, so I synced and got rid of all the songs on my iPhone, then transferred all of the songs off the family computer (which I previously used) onto my laptop's iTunes library so I can put them all back on.

Possibly the method with the most hassle, but everything should be sorted now.

Thanks for all the help as well, everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 08:00PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: February 13, 2012 12:43AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I look forward to keeping iTunes out of my new desktop :D.
Date: February 13, 2012 12:28PM
Posted by: pankykapus
yeah, unless you use it for everything that is in connection with music and videos (but oh why would you do that), it's a major pain in the arse...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy