When you go on holiday you...?

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
When you go on holiday you...?
Date: October 04, 2011 05:08PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Hey all

Just doing research for my University project and would appreciate input from anyone Smile

Basically, what do you do when planning to go on holiday?
E.g. Look at weather reports?
search for any issues with airlines youre likey to travel with?
Search for events happening around the destination?

Do you just pack a suitcase with clothes? What type of things do you take with you? What information do you want to know before going somewhere?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: When you go on holiday you...?
Date: October 04, 2011 05:55PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well when going to Le Mans -

Yes. But you assume it will rain.

When I went abroad we went whichever was cheapest. At the lowest level they are all pretty interchangable.

I go for events, rather than going to a destination then finding events.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 04, 2011 06:29PM
Posted by: Carlitox
When I go (if I go) to Brazil...

Look at weather reports?
Obviously, although since I usually go in January, it's mainly hot.

Search for any issues with airlines youre likey to travel with?
I don't go by plane, but by coach. However, they can suffer great delays here, though not usual.

No, but if there's something near where I am, I may go.

Do you just pack a suitcase with clothes? What type of things do you take with you? What information do you want to know before going somewhere?
Mainly summer stuff, since my aim is to go to the beach. From this year on I'll take my new netbook. And apart from climate and details about the hotel, nothing more.

Hope it helps.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: October 04, 2011 07:16PM
Posted by: danm
I go to the same place at the moment, for the last few years as my parents own an apartment in Cyprus. Not much planning, as I am familiar with the place and activities already.

I go at the same time each year during good, hot weather.

I go with Easyjet as they have given me good service before, they are not the very the cheapest, but they get me there directly.

Not usually, if I find out something is going on when I am there, then that is a bonus.

Do you just pack a suitcase with clothes? What type of things do you take with you?
I take some clothes, my netbook, some english comfort foods that I cannot buy abroad/or they are too expensive/hard to find (marmite/crunchy nut cornflakes/cadburys chocolate). This year I took an inflatable doll from ann summers for a laugh with my friends.

What information do you want to know before going somewhere?
Local security issues with politics/terrorism/unrest. Any major disasters in the area, power cuts, bombs etc that might cause problems.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 04, 2011 09:34PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Usually there are two ways, either I'm going to an event and I arrange the rest around it (find a hotel close enough, cheapest way to get there, check if there's anything else going on), or I'm going somewhere specifically and I look for events and good deals (went to Vienna last year, the train tickets got me cheaper museum tickets) around the area. I'm not very much into going from museum to museum, I like to just hang around in a city, seeing how it would be just to be there not as a tourist.
Yes and I also check out my horoscope.
Search for any issues with airlines youre likey to travel with?
I don't have too many options to be picky. I tried to avoid the Budapest airport, Vienna is much closer to where I live.
Yup see above
I pack as little as possible, clothes, iPod, maps. I usually check out how public transport is where I'm going, how expensive it is etc. but if I have time I don't mind walking really.

Hope it helps. :)
Date: October 04, 2011 10:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Them questions of yours are purdy unspecific for a university research.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 04, 2011 11:00PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Many thanks for the input guys.

Vader, they were examples of some sort of information I would like to know.

Im programming a system, just need a few ideas of stuff for the checklist etc. Nothing detailed as I dont have to do much writing - more programming instead :)

I just generally wanted to know the process people go through when going on holiday.

Again, cheers all.

Date: October 07, 2011 01:01PM
Posted by: anze89
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just generally wanted to know the process people
> go through when going on holiday.

1. check how much money we have
2. decide what sort of holidays we want, we always go with a car or with motorcycles
3. choose our destination
4. check weather reports
5. check petrol, food and accommodation prices to see how much money we must take and for how long can we go before we run out of money
6. if we decide not to stay at one place all the time we do a road-map in google maps
7. decide if we want to book our accommodation or just go there and find some place to stay
8. pack all the stuff we need
9. drive/ride!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy