I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Re: Pizza
Date: September 16, 2014 07:31PM
Posted by: Red Sam
A long time indeed!

And they were Chicago Town...!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: September 19, 2014 09:17PM
Posted by: torana_05
Talking of things like irnbru and Scottish stuff. Where is a good place in Edinburgh to watch the f1. Just some ideas outside of the matchpint website. Thanks

Date: September 19, 2014 09:52PM
Posted by: EC83
Any pub that has Sky Sports on TV I guess. You might need to pop in and ask them to put the F1 on at the right time beforehand.

I used to go through to Edinburgh to watch the F1 every weekend for years. I had a mate at the time who was nuts about F1 and Schumacher, so ended up going through to his place in Edinburgh to watch nearly every race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2014 09:54PM by EC83.
Date: September 20, 2014 09:43AM
Thanks. I find that many pubs are not willing to put the f1 on or day that they don't get sky f1. But I'll have a look around today.

Date: December 05, 2014 12:54AM
Had a stonker of a pizza last night. 12" pepperoni covered in ketchup and mayo. With a can of Fanta. Lush.
Would've taken a photo of it to post up, but forgot to. Next time maybe.

Date: December 05, 2014 07:44AM
Posted by: gav
I'm not sure there'll be a next time Eddy. ;)
Date: December 05, 2014 05:18PM
Bit off topic and a shameless promotion but if any of you guys study in leeds pop into the trinity kitchen and grab some haggis and some Scottish food and say gday :)

Date: March 01, 2015 10:38PM
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure there'll be a next time Eddy. ;)

Had another one last night - first time for a whole week or so. :P
(Edit - as it turns out, after posting this I scrolled up and realised the one I had last night was exactly the same order as that one I'd had that night in December, even down to the Fanta. Still forgot to take a photo of it!)

Actually, over Christmas/New Year just past, I had them delivered virtually every night for about 3 weeks. Then I was noticing I was really slow during the days - no motivation at all, really sluggish in general, kept sleeping in till the late afternoons. I never equated the two somehow, but after I stopped having them for a couple of days I suddenly realised it must be the pizzas that were slowing me down, as I suddenly felt loads better. I'd put my lack of motivation down to the general vibe of Xmas/New Year, which I absolutely hate, but there we go. Obviously I'd underestimated the effect on my system of such a massive intake of carbs and other pizza-related goodness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 10:53PM by EC83.
Date: November 29, 2015 07:12PM
Posted by: Guimengo
ZaZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Baked on grog (chamotte) is the best :)

Plain, regular mozzarella is the best

Date: January 22, 2016 12:41PM
Welcome back Gui! I remember back in 2009 when we spoke about pizza on these forums and it lead to us getting in touch on Facebook and you PMing me a special pizza recipe. (I still have that message somewhere in the inbox of my old Facebook account, so I'll check it out sometime soon and finally put it to good use, now I have my own home and life. Thanks again!) So it's cool that you've posted in this thread. Nice pic!

Oh, and RE my post above where I described feeling crap and blamed too much pizza for "slowing me down" - I later found out it wasn't the pizza that was making me feel off, but the tap water. I happened to change to drinking bottled water at the same time I "gave up" getting the pizza deliveries, so was none the wiser at the time, but then a few months later I went back to drinking tap water for a couple of days because I was too skint to afford bottled water, and soon noticed the same crappy feeling I'd blamed on the pizza before. So I've strictly drunk only bottled water since, and am back getting pizza deliveries from time to time, this time with no problems. Sorted!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy