GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
A very forgettable race for us at TNR...... Lets head to Italy!!!! Need some consoling over a pizza....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Great a 5th place finish.
somogyi23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This year is the worst ever...

same for me ...

well... points... great I quess
Great chunk of points for the team but we need to improve quali. Can't wait to drive the car again. Off to the gym and then party at the pool.

____
Finally, some more points, good to see both cars getting them.
I am extremely proud of the team today. I think this is one of our strongest races to date and it's a big boost to the teams constructors championship challenge. Congrats to Ruben and Marko

Rod_vs Schreef:
> Horrible for us!!

Indeed, getting just one point while having one car start 3rd is a disaster! The season started not great, but okay, it is turning into a horror movie with all those points wasted...

Interview with John Maverick after his home GP

Reporter: "Welcome Mr. Maverick, thank you that you take the time for us. So, this was it now, your home GP. What do you want to say about it?"
Maverick: "Thank you. Well...all in all it was nice. I wasn't really satisfied with our qualifying performance, but we had a good long-run speed, so I was confident that something was possible in the race. And so it was. That one little mistake cost me a bunch of time, otherwise P2 might have been possible. But still, a podium at the home GP is still a nice result.

Reporter: "What about your mechanics at this weekend?"
Maverick: "I won't make them bad here. They did an incredible job at the first pit-stops and I got to P2 because of this. I praised them after it via radio, because it was really their work which brought me there. Unfortunately they couldn't keep up with that at the second stops and we had another problem with the equipment and then were stopped by other cars coming into the pits. This cost me a lot of time and a place against Marko. But still I'm fine with my lollipop man keeping me in there a bit longer to avoid an unsafe release. Better 3rd than a drive through penalty."

Reporter: "Were you surprised of John Warrington's lack of speed? I mean, he dominated the qualifying."
Maverick: "Yes, very much so. I thought both AMRs would be unbeatable here. But soon it became clear that John W. struggled to keep the pace of the front runners. I don't know what happened there, you'll have to ask that AMR, but for me it looked like he struggled to get temperature into his tyres. Of course it's a pity for him as he's having a hard season and a win, or at least a second place, would have been a great recovery for him. Instead he just found another disappointment. Of course this was good for me, as it allowed me a podium finish, which otherwise might not have been possible. But still I very much feel with him as I experienced this very phenomenon at Zandvoort, and it feels crappy, to say the least. So, my thoughts are with him.

Reporter: "How about your former team ART and especially your replacement driver Carlos Rodriguez? They seem to have bought the bad luck this season, don't you think?"
I must admit for ART that they really have such a bad luck this season. It's a shame to see my old team in this state. Especially Carlos is so damn unlucky. All in all I think he's done a pretty good job in replacing me at ART. But then, either due to bad luck or slight mistakes, he seems to always throw away good positions. BUT...if he manages to get a bit more consistent, I'm sure he will become a great driver, he definitely has the potential. You mustn't forget that this is his learning season. His first season as a race driver. You must be allowed to do mistakes if you want to get better. I fortunately got the patience from all my team-bosses in my first seasons, and Stefan is a great team-boss. So I'm sure he'll give Carlos the time to develop.

Reporter: "Okay, one final question. We're approaching the middle of the season and usually driver negotiations start around this point. Can you give us any news on that and also news to Kult-Fernsehen.de Racing?"
Maverick: "It was clear that this question would come sooner or later. But okay, let's start with Kult-Fernsehen.de Racing. We are currently rebuilding the factories. We still plan to enter the series at a certain point. But right now there are still many obscurities. We don't know if we lost our place on the waiting list or not. If not, it is still not clear if we would be able to finish everything for next season. But at the moment it doesn't look like any team would leave the series, so that's hypothetical thoughts anyway. As for me personally, I have a one year contract with MPR. That means that I'm basically open to everything. But this season MPR has built a good challenger and I'm confident that we can score good in the championships. So, I don't see many reasons not to think about an extension of my contract, should Dan (Paddock) offer me another contract. I feel very comfortable here and have a good fight with Charrel. Yet we work very well together. So, to bring it to the point: An offer from another team would have to be really really good to even make me think about it...as long as I get an offer from MPR too, that is of course."

Reporter: "Thank you John Maverick for this extended interview. Good luck for the next races."
Maverick: "Thank you, good bye."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Great race, but it's a shame that Mr. Ed is a SchueyFan!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Everyone said that I had the championship wrapped up after Round 2 and then I had some bad rounds, so I hope you haven't jinxed me again!

Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Great race, but it's a shame that Mr. Ed is a
> SchueyFan!

Haha!

X (@ed24f1)
What a race, what a race! Maverick showed we had the pace at the front. A shame he couldnt fight for victory, but again a podium..

My race was good, had a great start and I was overtaking as usual. I had the pace that was the same as Greenhalgh, but I was to far behind. I lost 2 places due to the pitstops, thats a shame. But we have 2 cars in the points! Also a shame I just missed fastest lap..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
shep34 Wrote:
> A very forgettable race for us at TNR...... Lets
> head to Italy!!!! Need some consoling over a
> pizza....

No points, no words, no interviews...
Well, that was a bit anonymous for a race. TNR who!?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Christel Confirm Elleker and Pedersen for Season 8

Speaking at a short press conference after the Swiss Grand Prix Christel VXR team boss Chris Copeman announced that both Jack Elleker and Michael Pedersen had agreed contract extensions with the team that would see them race through to the end of season 8. Copeman commented, " I am thrilled to announce that Michael and Jack have signed extensions with the team that mean we have them on board for next season. The team is having a great year this season and by ensuring that our two strongest assets are on board for next season we can hopefully hit the ground running again."

Speaking of this years results so far Copeman commented, "It is still very much a target for this team to win a race this year and it is something that I believe we can do. We are still in the fight to finish in the top 4 in the constructors championship and will pushing extremly hard to achieve that aim for the end of the year".

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> Christel Confirm Elleker and Pedersen for Season
> 8
>
> Speaking at a short press conference after the
> Swiss Grand Prix Christel VXR team boss Chris
> Copeman announced that both Jack Elleker and
> Michael Pedersen had agreed contract extensions
> with the team that would see them race through to
> the end of season 8. Copeman commented, " I am
> thrilled to announce that Michael and Jack have
> signed extensions with the team that mean we have
> them on board for next season. The team is having
> a great year this season and by ensuring that our
> two strongest assets are on board for next season
> we can hopefully hit the ground running again."
>
> Speaking of this years results so far Copeman
> commented, "It is still very much a target for
> this team to win a race this year and it is
> something that I believe we can do. We are still
> in the fight to finish in the top 4 in the
> constructors championship and will pushing
> extremly hard to achieve that aim for the end of
> the year".

Huzzah! Stability is always nice!

Jack and Michael will have to play 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to see whose car I get to throw into the barriers next year ;-)

Round 9 Swiss GP - Results:

Round 9 Swiss GP - Championship Standings:

Round 9 Swiss GP - Boost Tables:

Round 9 Swiss GP - GPGCL:

Scala Grand Prix are Eliminated from the GPGCL.

Fixtures for Round 10
Group A:
Aston Martin Racing - Martini Paddock Racing
True North Racing - Scala Grand Prix

Group B:
Team Shadow Subaru - Southern Cross Racing
Alpha Racing Team - Scuderia Minardi

There is a small error in the tables, Rodrigo got a 12th place, but in the constructors table there is an '11' ;-)

By the way I'd like to put myself forward to run free practice for Monza if no has already volunteered themselves, depending on if the perfs are released before the end of the week. It's about time I chipped in here :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Think the elimination for Group B in the GPGCL will come down to the last fixture - can't see us picking up anything against Alpha, not in the form we're in :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy