F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
2005 Round 4 San Marino Race Coverage

Hello,and welcome to the san marino grand prix for round 4 of the 2005 formula 1 world championship..Yesterday saw Mclaren lock out the front row with both Ferraris on row 2 separated by only a couple of tenths..So the 5 lights are on and lets get this on!

Both Mclarens get away well with Vettel challenging Montoya for the lead can he make the pass?

Yes he can!!A great move round the outside for the lead no doubt Montoya will be fuming

A lot of jockeying in the midfield..

Massa has a look at Montoya for 2nd..but can't make the pass

Ralf has a look at JV for 9th but can't get through

Raikkonen has a look at Kubica..but can't get pass..which in turn allows his teammate to close the gap

What's this..A Mclaren at the side of the road..Its Montoya!!He's got a puncture and is out on the spot..Amazing development!!

The Schumacher brothers are battling for 9th..but Ralf hold's the place

Meanwhile at the front Vettel lead's both Ferrari's

Lotterer's slowing..he's got a loose wheel..but he makes it back to the pit's

Klien's also in with a problem..They both rejoin at the back of the field

A look at the standing's after 10 laps

Not much ovetaking so far as Zonta lead's a 7 car pack for 11th

Alonso's pulling off!!..He's out with a brake failure,disaster for Ferrari!!

Meanwhile at the front,Massa's pulled the gap to under a second too Vettel

Barrichello is right under the gearbox of Button..but can't make the pass

Stiil a lack of overtaking as Button heads a cue of car's

Vettel still leads a stalemate of a race so far..But as the standing's show MS has got passed his brother off camera for 7th.

Massa kickstart's the pitstops...Followed by Fisichella,Davidson,MS,and Button

Shockingly Klien set's the fastest lap so far!!Minardi will be ruing his electrical fault earlier which put him at the back

Massa is stuck behind the yet to stop JV..he can't get past the canadian heavily compromising his race

Barrichello,Sato,Glock and Villeneuve in for thier first stops

Barrichello locks up and spins trying to pass Fisichella!Which in turn holds up Button,who then gets passed by Glock

Vettel's in for his first stop..rejoin's in the lead..a quick look at the standing's after the first round of stop's

Vettel set's a new fastest lap..can he get his first win in f1 today?

Klien looks at Button for 17th..but to no avail

Coulthard's on fire!!..An oil leak end's his race

A look at the standing's in this very processional race after 40 laps

Kubica's pressuring Massa for 2nd..And the brazilian has cracked!!!and drop's to 3rd!

Button's pulling off the track to end a dismal day with a puncture

Vettel in for his second stop..Good job by the Mclaren boys

Kubica and Massa pit from 1st an 2nd..can Ferrari get Massa back ahead.?

The answer is NO!..Kubica keeps the place

Both Williams pit a lap apart,and that extra lap MS stayed out get's him ahead of his teamate..no doubt angering the canadian

Raikkonen and da Matta pit for the last time from 2nd and 3rd..Can Toyota get the brazilian ahead??

Yes they can!!..Great stop by the toyota guys puts Da Matta ahead to 4th

Vettel still leads after the final round of pitstop's

Ralf set's his sight's on JV 7th place..but doesn't make the pass

Glock's back in the pit's with a loose wheel..Disapointing for the arrow's driver

Zonta's strong 10th place come's to an end with suspension failure..

JV is off the track!!An error from the canadian loses him a place to Ralf

5 lap's to go...standings are

What's going on here..Massa's in the pit's with a problem!!..More reliability troubles for Ferrari!!

Da Matta goes through to 3rd

Raikkonen to 4th

Massa rejoin's in 5th..Heartbreaking for the brazilian

Meanwhile Vettel is in to the last corner

Exit's the last corner

And Sebastian Vettel win's the san marino grand prix,to record his first ever victory in formula 1!!..A stunning drive..

Kubica an excellent 2nd for Redbull

And Da Matta completes the podium

Full Race Results

DOTD - Goes to Sebastian Vettel for his first win in his career after a faultless drive

@Twigster...A will let u update the driver's and constructers championship as u have the template..Thanks :)
Ferrari

We are unhappy with our reliability here today, it has costs us two potential podiums. Don't write us of yet though, we will strike back coming GP!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
BAR
Pretty average race, Fisichella finally showed good form. Glad we were not lapped.

Massive thanks once again Alesi for taking the time out to run the round (Y)

As for the mid-season test, I'll hold off on it for a couple of days just incase any managers want to change their focus.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Arrows

Very dissapointed. Last season we made so much progress and was up for points in every race. We have just gone backwards big time this season. One of the slowest and one of the least reliable. This is going to be a long season
If we can find some pace, we'll be looking at the top 10 more often, maybe.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sauber

Well, decent race for Button, but reliability bite him, Heidfield is out! Twigster, is there an in season driver sign up? it will be almost impossible to pry Heikki from the GP2 Sauber team as that will jeopardize the GP2 Sauber team season as i will be taking his faster driver. it should be like F1, we can drop and add a under performing driver whenever, if not then my hands are tied, helpless feeling.

Thanks!
Renault
We're not where we want to be.
Red Bull

Another outstanding weekend from Robert. We are super proud of him at the moment.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Williams F1 Statement
"This result reflects our actual pace.We're hoping to recover the gap from Ferrari and Mclaren in short time."

My GPGSL Career
Mclaren Merceedes Statement

Wooooohooo. Get in there Seb. An absolutely faultless drive and the first of what should be many wins. Feel sorry for Monto, surely his luck must change soon. That's 3 DNFs in 4 races.

Jordan Statement

Bad luck once again for André, and a great drive from Kimi. We're very happy about our current pace, but we still need to improve our reliability.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Toyota Statement

Delighted by our driver's today and especially our pitcrew's,with cristiano getting his an our first podium of the year..Also another solid job from ralf to pick up his 4th straight points finish..looking forward to the test where we hope we can push our new developments :)
Right.

It's time for round two of the budgets ;)

So firstly with the team budgets. I have calculated each teams budget by adding up the minimum contract prices on a one year deal of the drivers each team currently has onboard (btw thanks John for hiring four drivers, it made the whole process so much easier ;)) as well as the price of their current engine and brake providers. From here I then adjusted the budgets so each team had a reasonable amount of money, varying from £6m for teams with more expensive drivers to around £10m+ for teams with less expensive ones. This end amount will hopefully give the teams some leeway when bidding for drivers and will of course increase if they choose to sign drivers on 2 or 3 year deals.

Next up is the drivers salaries.

This time I first ranked the drivers on their average perf values after the San Marino GP and then priced them from £16m downwards without adjusting the prices. Once I had done this I went back through the list to make some adjustments which were:

1. The prices of drivers who have made a bad start to the season went down slightly and likewise those who have made a good start went up.

2. The prices of young/inexperienced drivers in top teams also went up in the likelihood that they will enjoy a good season.

3. The prices of older drivers went down in anticipation that they will lose performance in the next two or three years.

4. The prices of free agent drivers went down in order to replicate their desire to get back into F1.

5. The prices of drivers currently competing in GP2 went up in the anticipation that they will continue to improve at the rate that they currently are.

The rest were left alone.

Then I calculated the prices of two and three contracts. For two year contracts I took the price of a one year deal and then added half of that price to calculate the price of a two year contract. On average a two year deal works out to be around £3.5m cheaper than two one year deals, however the biggest saving is around £6m with the smallest being just £1m.

Then for three years deals I multiplied the price of a one year deal by two and added half of the price of a two year deal before then subtracting a further £2,000,000. On average a three year deal works out to be around £4m cheaper than three one year deals, however the biggest saving here was again around £6m with the smallest being £2.5m

Whilst this may not be a very realistic way of calculating the contract prices I felt that it was to best way as it should guarantee that in the long run signing a driver on a two or three deal will be cheaper than signing multiple one year deals and it also means that there is a consistent drop in prices as for example, a three year deal for a fairly expensive driver will be around six million cheaper than three one year deals, of course I can always adjusting the calculation to drop this amount further.

Again I'd like to point out that as it is my first time doing this that these figures are still just a draft and are not yet official. So once again I'd like to hear your feedback, for example I'm not 100% happy with the team budgets as it turns out it is very difficult to provide the teams with enough dosh to compete whilst keeping them realistic and the bottom three teams are perfect examples of this. Also I would personally like to get contract negotiations underway asap and in the best possible scenario immediately after the next race so the sooner I receive feedback the better :)

One more thing. Due to the increase in team budgets the likelihood is that the price of mid-season testing will also increase next year probably to £750k per test.

So without further ado, here are the latest budgets!!!

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Looks like a decent system to me. Depends on what prices we are looking at for engines and brakes I guess

The prices of the engines are the same as the ones on page 1. The prices of the brakes however have been adjusted with Brembo now being £4m, Hitco £3m, AP Racing £2m and Alcon £1m.

Also just so you all know the teams are listed in no particular order :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 09:30PM by Twigster151.
When can we start saying which engine, brakes and drivers we want?
DStonesF1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When can we start saying which engine, brakes and
> drivers we want?

Once everyone agrees that they're happy with the new budgets and salaries :)

Also, I've already changed my mind ;) The prices of brakes will remain the same as on page one :)

I'm a bit surprised that Red Bull has the lowest budget after a strong season and McLaren the biggest after a bad...
The driver salaries look pretty good imo.
Is the extra budget for the possible Midland & Toro Rosso deals already included in the budgets?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm a bit surprised that Red Bull has the lowest
> budget after a strong season and McLaren the
> biggest after a bad...

I know that it's not exactly ideal but all I really had to go on to calculate the budgets were the contracts that each team had signed the previous season. Then again the figures are misleading as whilst McLaren do have the largest budget and Red Bull the lowest, if both teams were to resign the drivers and contracts from last season on one year deals, McLaren would have the lowest remaining budget of just £6m, whilst Red Bull would have one of the largest with £12m left over.

> Is the extra budget for the possible Midland &
> Toro Rosso deals already included in the budgets?

No they haven't yet as team managers have the right to turn down proposed takeovers bids. So the once the budgets are declared official the managers of Minardi, Jordan, Arrows and also Sauber will be contacted regarding potential takeovers :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy