GPG Nations Cup S2: Finished! S3: Annoucements/Signup pg 52! (4 SPACES LEFT)

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Hi there!

And welcome to the 7th round of the seasons, this time it is in France! We are going to drive on the circuit of Le Mans! The weather seems to be fine and nothing in the air for miles and miles!!

We have seen De Boer already secure half of the poles we had this season, can he repeat? Or what about the current champion Switzerland? They finally scored points in the last race, can they repeat performance?
Or will Sweden, the current leader of the championship, run off with that most chased first place?

Well we can speculate about it ... or we can just start our tape and see for ourselfs!

Have fun in the qualifying today people!!

The timer has started, but the lane is still empty!

Ahh there we go! Not even half a minute later the lane is swarming with cars! With Netherlands leading the pack out of the pits!

Off course, De Boer is set to create a lap time that is counted for first place! Can he hold on to it though??

So far De Boer holds it, Austria slides into second place for the moment, 4 tenths down though ..

Girard of France is doing even worse though for his home GP, takes 3rd while being more then half a second down!

Then there is Sweden, oh my .. what happend there?

Let's watch the replay then! He went up, and over the kerbstone there ...

Causing Aspenstrom to lose control over the corner and ending up over the kerbstone at the other side of the track

Then you need a little bit of time looking over your shoulder, making sure you are not going to make contact with another car!

Anyhow back to the next team, Brilley of Wales is doing quite good for himself, taking 4th but very close to the pole time!

Antunis is doing slightely better taking 3rd place, a tenth down

3rd place seems popular!! Australia takes it over from Brasil

Romania breaks the spell! Marinescu to the first place!! Even if it's only by thousands of seconds, it's first!

Hunsley takes 6th, he can't repeat the cars in front of him

Switzerland getting the hang of it after the win in the last race! 4th for the moment

Eduardsen takes a silent 6th place, not even 2 tenths down on first though!

Then there is Bulgaria with Nikolov! Another driver taking 3rd place ...

Montenegro comes close in on 5th

Kamikaze takes up 11th, even when just being 2 tenths down on the first time!

Byrne slides in behind Japan in 12th

Then there is Johnson! Surprising the field by taking first place with one and a half tenth!

Kederer of Germany almost half a second to slow, he gets no higher then 14th on his first run

Paolo Tafuro then, not really convincing for Italy, 11th is the best for him now

San Marino is also not fast enough, 16th only

Portugal goes 5th, not bad if you think of it!!

United States show they are alive! 4th is really competitive at the moment!

USA can't enjoy it for long, Argentina with Vilela aimed for the first row, but need to please themselfs for second row, place #3 (again!)

Standings then!! Page 1 shows Canada up front!

Second page ...

Last runners, they need to get their heads out of the sand!

Getting together in the pits, everyone is waiting to get refueled and re-tyred

Jantscher decides he cannot wait though, and also Aspenstrom is looking to improve because of his earlier mistake!

Jantscher is looking to improve a lot, he surely cannot accept this 20th place, can he?

Copeman is the only one to show progression though so far in this run

As is Tafuro of Italy!

Whoa! McGregor going into error!

Yup, that sure ruins his run ...

Playing in the gravel is NOT part of this qualification session Australia!! Keep you head up, enough gravel and dirt in the Australian outbacks!!

And when you are done then finally .. you still need to wait for the other cars too pass! Too bad, run unsalvageable for the Aussie!

Austria set a goal and partially made it, 12th is a huge improvement, however it are still double digits!

Apsenstrom isn't sitting back though! He makes the 4th row for the moment

Copeman shows to be interested in 4th place, after getting it in his first run, he takes it again in his second!

Italy is still faster in the second sector!!

Girard makes an improvement, but it doesn't take him really far, 19th is his best so far

We have a new pole position! It's Tafuro notes the best time of the session! Italy on the first place!

Kamikaze is not intending to start from the back of the field! 4th for Japan that is!

Ireland shoving France back further, Byrne improves but only to 19th place ...

Silvestre takes the famous 3rd place now!

Canada with Johnson is unable to retake that first place they had before ..

No surprise in McGregor being down 20seconds on the first time, we couldn't possibly miss that play in the gravel!

While cars are still returning towards the pitboxes, Aspenstrom isn't about to wait, and goes on track again!

'Only' 11th for the current WC leader!

Though luck .. he faces the car of Wales that just exited the pitlane for his outlap

Few corners later we see Sweden still behind Wales ...

Brilley isn't looking to move out of the way!!

At the first intersect then we see Aspenstrom 6 tenths down, and STILL behind Wales!

Lining up for a pass ..

Almost side by side ...

We are nearing the corner!

But Brilley isn't budging for Aspenstrom's attack ..

Another try then? Lining up again

Wow! Team Wales is incredibly persistent ... This is going to bring trouble! Wales is still on his outlap!!!

No surprise in this laptime, this may have cost Sweden dearly!

Jantscher is ready for single digits though! 9th this time, only moving forward!

Switzerland taking up space on the 3rd row of the grid, 6 for the reigning champion!

France isn't moving forward .. 21 seems best possible for them at this time

Brasil coming out of nowhere to 2nd! They are currently sided with Italy on the grid!!

Romania shows they can do a proper lap around the circuit

Tafuro isn't edging his time, guess he has to have faith in the current standing lap!

Ireland can't get it together today, they will really need to hope for the better in the race

Wales is going 15th atm

Germany also loses out today, only 18th for them, maybe because they are driving on French ground?

And the start of another run then

McGregor going out first, he is only in 16th place, and will be looking to improve!

WOW! What are the odds .. Sweden AGAIN behind Wales, however this time they are more then a second apart, and Sweden cannot blame Wales if he isn't fast enough

Tafuro tries it another time, but he cannot improve his earlier time!

Also San Marino have to take the lap that's already standing

There we end it today then, the time is up!

Australia get's flagged off, they left the pits too late for another try ...

Onofficial results of the race

Here for a better look!

Hope you all enjoyed!!

Race will be run ASAP, 30 laps and two pitstops around Le Mans!!

See you all soon!

I liked the result after the first run better! 10th isn't what we wanted here ... well let's hope to gain some places in the race!! (If we are not going backwards AGAIN)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
A great qualify for sure, let's hope for the race...

My GPGSL Career
6th place is good without boost. A podium finish is our goal.

BTW, Awesome graphics! (Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
so close to 3rd!

22nd spot in the French GP for the French team?
Girard was heard over the radio, screaming "Putain l'enfer, que c'était de la merde!" (no idea if that 'sounds' right, i used Google translate!! lol)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
12th is not a good place. Still, we have some hopes to get some good points from this race.
Good coverage Maikel.

Well, 7th isn't what Switzerland hoped for after the last GP, but considering our lack of speeds before that, I guess we should be lucky. Hopefully it will be enough for some more solid points.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Indeed great coverage.

I almost feel sorry for Sweden, for all the bad luck in the session ;)

It's strange that without spending any perf points i could qualify better than when i spend several. :-o I will try it again next time... (Y)

-----------------------------------------------------

11th is pretty bad considering the boost we used...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
17th is a bit terrible... Guess this is another race that we can pretty much write off. Ah well no boost used so its alright.

Great coverage, and cheers for doing it Maikel :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Great 8th place!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
The coverage is gorgeous. Maikel you have to tell me how you got such great graphics because those are so yummy. I am delighted with Quali and look forward to the race
not to happy with my quali hopefully we will pick up some points :D

icky
icky Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The coverage is gorgeous. Maikel you have to tell
> me how you got such great graphics because those
> are so yummy. I am delighted with Quali and look
> forward to the race

I think the two biggest things are:
- Forcing anti-aliasing on the game via the graphics card (driver)
- I play on a big screen, screenshots get resized quite much, this also helps

Also all my settings are on high, I'm just carefull with the ingame settings for reflections, depending on the track the advanced lightning can look nice, or horrible.

Anyhow, currently I'm working on the race report, don't think it'll be tonight, but race is up tomorrow for sure!!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Report is almost done, I will need a few posts though! So it'll be on the next page :)

Don't mind me, just filling up to the end of the page!

Just three for the new page!

Don't mind me, just filling up to the end of the page!

Wow! This DOES help my post count ;) ;)

Last one, I promise!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy