Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: GP4 Central - GP4CC Season 3
Date: January 11, 2015 06:07AM
Posted by: brasspanels
When does the season start?
Re: GP4 Central - GP4CC Season 3
Date: January 12, 2015 06:55AM
Posted by: TomMK
Well this idea hasn't really taken off, so I think we will revert to doing just regular hotlaps and come back to this another time.

Season 3 will start in a couple of weeks.

=====================================================

Re: GP4 Central - 2014 Mod Release 3
Date: January 17, 2015 08:07AM
After reading this thread I revisited the AIs behaviour using my latest mod. To be honest I hadn't realised how much the number of crashes between the AI had increased versus the stock game. It was particularly bad in the example of Melbourne, but it was evident at other tracks too.

The main cause of the AI's misbehaving seems to be the increase in the cars' weight. We're up to 690kg in 2014 against the original 605kg (and it's set to rise further in 2015). The problem is the AI do not seem to consider the increase in weight when making driving decisions. Using a test value of 1000kg, the AI regularly sailed past their braking points and off into the gravel, even with no other cars around. So I guess the braking points must be hard coded using an assumed car weight, and changing that value breaks the AI's behaviour.

So, how do we deal with this when the minimum weight is always increasing? Well, the main symptom of increased weight that we want to simulate is to slow the cars down. So, instead of increasing the weight, how about we reduce the grip? It achieves the same effect of reducing the cars' responsiveness, and lowers cornering speeds, but importantly, the AI can deal with changes of grip that they can't manage with the weight. So we get our great AI back, and realistic lap times as well.

So, after some experimentation, I've created a new 2014 physics file that restores the AI's good behaviour and still simulates 2014 levels of performance. Lap times are pretty close to reality, as are top speeds, and when combined with my 2014 Magic Data the results are good. Try it and let me know what you think:

GP4 Central 2014 CSM Mod v3.0

GP4 Central 2014 Mod (Laptop Edition) v3.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2015 08:18AM by TomMK.
Date: January 17, 2015 08:24AM
Posted by: flying
That is an interesting realization Tom

Thanks I am downloading the CSM version & will give it a try
Date: January 17, 2015 06:34PM
Posted by: superman77m
Hi Tom. Firts to all, thanks you very much for your work. Only a problem. The GP4 Central 2014 CSM Mod v3.0 have a problem in the ".cuh" file. It isn´t possible install it because the CSM find an error (CRC PROBLEM) Into de file Data\Cars\caterham\monza\car_caterham_car2_lod_1. Then of the error message, the CSM close and the installation end without stay finished.
Date: January 17, 2015 08:58PM
Posted by: ws1986
I have same problem. But in others it's great work.
Date: January 17, 2015 09:02PM
Posted by: gezere
Tom,
Does this change fix also the problem with the Monaco's pit lane reported some month ago ?

Date: January 17, 2015 10:08PM
Posted by: MiSeRy
I get the same error ";(CRC PROBLEM) Into de file Data\Cars\caterham\monza\car_caterham_car2_lod_1"
Date: January 18, 2015 12:25AM
Posted by: RHill
Tom do you think you could upload just the new physics file and tell me where it should go?

Thanks
Date: January 18, 2015 12:46AM
Posted by: phantaman
MiSeRy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get the same error ";(CRC PROBLEM) Into de file
> Data\Cars\caterham\monza\car_caterham_car2_lod_1"

i also experienced the same problem :-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: January 18, 2015 02:41AM
Oh dear. I'll try and figure out the problem with the caterham lod now...

Edit: OK I think I've fixed it. Sorry about that! Download here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2015 03:59AM by TomMK.
Date: January 18, 2015 04:04AM
@Gezere - Both versions of the mod contain a folder called "Extras" that has 2014 Magic Data for every track. Try my 2014 Monaco magic data file and see if it helps?

@RHill - it depends whether you use CSM or not; the files are different between the 2 versions (CSM uses a .cap file, Laptop Edition uses a GP4.exe that is patched with the torque). Which do you want?

Date: January 18, 2015 11:35AM
Posted by: RHill
It's the. CSM mod I use. I could just use the new version I guess and it will be included.
Date: January 18, 2015 11:57AM
Posted by: shlund
When installing the newest 2014 mod ver 3.1 my CSM 1.26 just freezes and a ctrl/alt/delete had to be done.

Is there a newer version available. I tried to download the ZAZ tools only from GP4 Central but my download went wrong, then tried again but got a max download limit message and have to wait more than 7 hours...?

(I use Firefox and Avast virus protection on Win7 64bit - no problems with installing other mods until now)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2015 12:14PM by shlund.
Date: January 18, 2015 12:31PM
Oh dear we're not having much luck getting this new version out there :(

You probably don't need to re-download ZaZ Tools, try just restarting your PC and installing the mod again. If that doesn't work I'll PM you a link to ZaZ tools.

Date: January 18, 2015 01:50PM
Posted by: MiSeRy
The new 3.1 works very fine here. Good work mate.
Date: January 18, 2015 01:53PM
Posted by: shlund
Hi Tom,

Thanks for answer :) I have just opened my pc again and tried your tip, but no luck, still freezes.... Perhaps better to start all over with CSM tool and see if it works :)
Date: January 18, 2015 03:06PM
Posted by: flying
Just gave CSM 2014 3.1 a spin... installed fine & runs well.
Will do more testing with it tomorrow

Thanks
Date: January 18, 2015 03:16PM
Posted by: phantaman
to install everything went smoothly, except a spins on its own axis and nothing else. the installation took place without any major problems and this is what matters for the moment, thanks. (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy