Any news about the 2013 Laptop Mod?
Re: GP4 Central - 2013 Mod [released]
Date: August 27, 2013 06:42PM
Posted by: dwapar
anyone suggest me where i can find latest track with latest details
Date: August 27, 2013 08:34PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
The laptop mod is a fantastic idea, I am very eagerly awaiting it's release :)
Date: August 28, 2013 01:34AM
Posted by: TomMK
The laptop mod is coming along nicely, although I was distracted by the problems with GP4 Central's hosting provider recently, so it's been a bit delayed.

I've decided to make the laptop edition a stand-alone version of GP4, not a CSM mod. It seems to help keep resources down and lower the PO in my testing.

One major thing that's bugging me is the tyres, because at the moment the user will have to edit f1graphics.cfg to make them work. If you look at vesuvius' thread where the tyres were released it clearly says what you have to do, but still people post threads saying "these tyres look weird what's wrong?!?!?!". I'm sure the same would happen with this mod and people will think it's broken. So I really want 2D versions of the tyres, or I might go back and use some earlier versions from 2011.

I think I'm also going to update the original tracks with the 2013 pitstands and garages which will take some time. Or maybe this will be an update to come later.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 03:31AM by TomMK.
Re: GP4 Central - 2013 Laptop Edition Mod
Date: August 29, 2013 03:15AM
Here's the first (and very beta!) release of the 2013 Laptop Edition Mod. [dl-web.dropbox.com]

A few pointers:

- The tyres are the original 2001 grooved tyres because I don't have lower lods for the 2013 ones.
- There is no McLaren or Mercedes, again because there are no lower lods available. So we have the original BAR and Williams in their place for now.
- There are no mirrors in external views.

Double-click on GPxPatch.exe to play.

Try various graphics configurations in the in-game menu and let me know what results you are able to achieve (PO at the start, average PO after lap 1 etc).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 03:16AM by TomMK.
Date: August 29, 2013 03:27AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Error 403 when trying to download:
"It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."

Are there spaces in the file name?
I've had this happen once or twice when people have tried to download stuff from my Dropbox.

Cheers,
AUS_Doug

EDIT: Also, make sure the link you posted is copied from the blue 'Download' button on the 'Share Link' page.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 03:30AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: August 29, 2013 04:03AM
That's weird. Try this instead: GP4 Central 2013 Laptop Mod

Date: August 29, 2013 04:19AM
Re: GP4 Central - 2013 Laptop Mod
Date: August 29, 2013 06:23AM
Wow.............just wow.
I ran it, let the game auto-configure the graphics, and bang..........I was playing GP4 so smooth that it could be Vanilla.
Interlagos, in the wet, no lag whatsoever.
You sir, are some sort of god.
(I don't know how to check the Processor Occupancy, so you'll just have to take my word that it is the smoothest non-vanilla GP4 I've ever played)

Unfortunately, it also means I must hate you - I'd spent so long adapting my driving to laggy corners and pit-straights that I now suck when it the games runs smooth :-)
I'm not normally one for excessive emoticons but.................(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y) and a (B) for you if I'm ever in Sydney.

Keep up the good work,
AUS_Doug

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: August 29, 2013 09:17AM
Great to hear it's working well for you Aus_Doug!!

(Hold "O" to check Processor Occupancy).

What spec is your machine? In particular CPU, RAM and GFX?

Date: August 29, 2013 01:04PM
Screenshots of the PO at various stages around Interlagos. (Using the graphics settings auto-detected by the game)

The PO in the first two shots jumped by exactly 15 when I pressed the screenshot button.

My Specs:
Intel Celeron E3400 2.60GHz
4GB DDR3 Kingston RAM
Intel G41 Express Chipset
Win7 32-bit Home Premium (No service packs)

Date: August 29, 2013 01:33PM
Pretty much perfect - you want the PO just hitting 100% at the start and then being below 100% thereafter.

There is definitely further scope to reduce the PO even more in this Mod, but I won't get a chance to release an update for about a week or 2 I think... Stay tuned.

Date: August 29, 2013 06:34PM
your beta 3 not working please rectify
Date: August 30, 2013 12:20AM
OK thanks for reporting it - try again now?

Date: August 30, 2013 07:12PM
your beta 3 shows error i just download it

I got PO between 150 - 250 during race and at start i get 300 approx at 1024 x 768 res,and pretty much high graphics config,i lowered shadow and off bitmap with your beta 2 mod,is it okay or there is a problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2013 07:27PM by dwapar.
Date: August 31, 2013 02:33AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Tom, great release mate! However, I don't use CSM and am wondering what you've done to reduce PO?
My laptop is a quadcore processor and I can't run GP4 with even decent graphics. The PO is always getting over 100 with 4-5 cars in the same shot :(

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: September 01, 2013 06:29AM
dwaper
your beta 3 shows error i just download it

What is the error message?

SkaaningeN
However, I don't use CSM and am wondering what you've done to reduce PO?

The CSM mod is mainly high-res - I haven't done anything to reduce the PO really. I did create lower lods and reduced some texture sizes but that's about it. You will need a good graphics card to run the CSM mod smoothly (same as all other mods).

The Laptop mod has very reduced car shapes, and the textures are also reduced compared to the full CSM mod. I think there is more I can do to reduce it further, which I will be working on over the next few weeks.

Date: September 01, 2013 07:51PM
Posted by: georgibg
The laptop mod is just something awesome! I was almost crying when I tried the 2012 mod and the frame rate was 5-8 FPS on my laptop.

Something like this and STANDALONE is just awesome!

On my laptop the only problem with GP4 are the popping up shadows which I must disable in the f1graphics.cfg. I have Intel GMA 4500M (256MB) and I don't know what exactly causes this problem.

The old classics will be always better than the newest games.
Date: September 03, 2013 04:52AM
Low lods for tyres are done. Next up will be the helmet shape and finding a mclaren and mercedes to use.

Date: September 03, 2013 10:31AM
Posted by: drafi5
Tried it and made a quick race:
both Mercedes still have the BAR liveries only the cockpit is the right one.
Any ideas ??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy