GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
GPGSL Season 6, Round 8

Hockenheim GP, Race day!

Part 1

Hello folks and finally welcome back to Hockenheim. Today is RACE DAY!!!

The drivers have lined up after the chaotic qualifying yesterday and the lights go red!

And they're off! Sheppard has a very good start and is close to Jalving already. Oakley also starts brilliantly and challenges Maverick immediately.

The field is very close when it comes to the first high speed corner. Let's hope this will turn out well!

Sheppard takes the lead into the first corner!

Maverick has to go the long way outside but manages to stay in front of Oakley.

Oakley and Greidanus fighting in the background while Jalving attacks to get his lead back!

And further back in the field it's still very busy!

Vilela attacks Horvath for 6th position. Good move.

The replay shows again how close it is all in the backfield...

...and wow...there's a car in the air already! But it looks like there's no damage coming from this. God bless the GPGSL cars!

There's real chaos going on! Nobody doesn't move an inch....oh well!

This, of course, causes lots of late breakers.

In front, Maverick attacks Sheppard for 2nd position and takes it...

...while Johnson attacks Horvath.

Horvath doesn't give up and tries to defend himself hopelessly, with the result that he bumps into Johnson's car and runs very wide!

Johnson is fine, but Horvath finds himself in a big amount of action!

Greenhalgh, who made some points good at the start now gets hit by muller and has to fight hard to control the car.

It is, however, Muller who spins because of this contact!

OH OH...that's looking dangerous there!

But thanks to the attention of all drivers there is no accident and Muller can go on at the back of the field.

Hardly seen by the cameras, there is another accident. Silvestre heavily bumps into Greenhalgh!

The result is a non-apparent front wing at Silvestre and a damaged rear wing for Greenhalgh. Both will need to stop to get that repaired.

In front of that trouble, Alexander is already in 14th! Good pace by him.

And at the top of the field, Greidanus is decisive and attacks Oakley...yet without success so far.

But it's Maverick who takes his heart and goes for the lead!

Side by side they're running to the hairpin! That'll get close!

Maverick drifts into the corner...

...and both Jalving and Maverick leave the track!

As Maverick stood directly in front of Jalving, he can go on faster than Jalving.

Additionally Jalving gets a bump by Vilela when rejoining the track in a very unsafe manner again!

Here you see it from the T-CAM view again, but fortunately both cars seem to be okay.

But it is Johnson who laughs now! The trouble between Vilela and Jalving makes him overtake both of them!

So, this is the result of all this trouble. Maverick rejoined in 4th, Johnson is 5th now, Vilela 6th and Jalving back to 7th.

In front, Sheppard starts to build a little gap already.

Here we go with the first results screens after these very turbulent first rounds.

Sheppard increasing the gap round by round. He's in a fantastic shape...

...while in the back his teammate Horvath overtakes a very slow Cartwright!

Cartwright loses place after place...and his engine doesn't sound pretty good to be honest.

Oh my goodness! A heavy fireball suddenly comes out of his car!

Somebody get him off the track! That looks really dangerous now!

Finally he realizes what's happening and leaves the track.

Of course this is the end of his race!

The front pack in action, it still looks like Oakley is holding Greidanus and Maverick off the pace!

In the midfield pack, everything is silent right now with Houston going his own pace.

Alexander still in 13th...one position away from the points.

Worseling misses the breaking point...

...as does his teammate Karjalainen. Both survive it, but is that a sign that their tyres already start graining?

Sheppard really flying away from Oakley now. See that immensive gap already!

Further back Jalving has closed the gap to Vilela and attacks him now!

But again an unclean move by him! He bumps into Vilela and both cars start to drift!

Vilela runs wide and has to let pass Jalving. That was definitely not the gentleman-way!

Sheppard is first to pit with 29 rounds to go. He's therefore the first to make his pitstop.

All his challengers don't pit yet.

Warrington chases Worseling for 8th...

...while Kittleson finds himself in the VSM sandwhich after Johnson visited the pits.

For Greenhalgh, however, the day seems to be over already. The gap to the next drivers is pretty big already.

And see that. Oakley having the lead seems to give him wings as well. He nearly flies away from Greidanus and Maverick. Impressive speed he's showing right now!

See that? Oakley gives all, he definitely wants this lead when it comes to his pit stop!

And Maverick attacks Greidanus for current 2nd position!

They're very close to each other...but don't touch! That's great driving from both but Greidanus has the better end for now.

At the end of this round, it's Greidanus' turn to visit the pits.

Oakley and Maverick go on, however.

At the end of the next round Oakley comes to the pits....

and Maverick follows him! A direct fight in the pits.

And Jalving comes as well...will he maybe hold of somebody?

His team mate takes the lead, as he's the only one of the top group who wasn't in the pits yet.

Oakley and Maverick rejoin the track and we can see that everything stayed the same as before the pit stops.

After Houston has visited the pits as well, the top group is going on as nothing had happened.

But there's drama for Alexander! He runs wide in the first corner!

He rejoins the track without loosing a position but that definitely has cost some time.

And oh well...did I speak that too early? Kittleson in the second SCR is coming around the corner with a lot more speed. Can he take Alexander?

We'll do a little commercial break here now! ;) Stay tuned for the second half of the race!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
I seem to be driving backwards!

Maverick, dont know what you were trying to do.. But this isnt clear overtaking now..

Im pissed off now! All cars be aware of me, because im coming to the front!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Wow! I knew i was good, and decent in the wet, but with no boost this weekend, I am stunned to see myself out the front of the pack! Hopefully we can bring it home for the win, or at bare minimum, a good strong finish. And if the track gets wet, hopefully the team make the right tyre choices at the right time!!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Seem to be having a nice clean race at the moment. Keep going that way and I should definitely get some points

SCR Team Radio

SCRHey Ross, you're on fire!
RossYes boss, if I keep pushing I might get us some points.
SCRNo Ross, you're actually on fire! Stop now!

One can of 'whoop-ass' = a piston through the block! Bad luck Ross. :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 12:54AM by mortal.
GPGSL Season 6, Round 8

Hockenheim GP, Race day!

Part 2

We're back at the Hockenheimring after our little commercial brake....

...and see that Kittleson is about to take advantage from Aleksander's mistake.

He gets him with a clean move.

Here we go with the current standings.

The midfield is still heavily in action and for Karjalainen that is too much pressure. He totally misses the breaking point and spins out into the sand!

He's able to rejoin the track but is way down the field now.

His teammate Worseling, on the other hand, attacks Horvath for 10th.

They touch a little...

...but can go on without any damage.

And what's that? Is that Horvath?....No....no.....IT'S SHEPPARD, the former race leader. He's standing off the track!

Let's see what happened. Sheppard became very slow and immediately Oakley came closer...

...and closer...

...and finally catched him.

The same with Greidanus....

...and Maverick.

That looks like a suspension problem! Very bad luck for him...he showed a great speed today!

But this means, Oakley takes the lead again.

And Maverick attacks Greidanus again!

Oh no! This time they touch and drift to the corner...but fortunately they both can handle the situation and go on.

But Maverick is eager to take that 2nd position now! He immediately attacks again...

...and this time takes Greidanus with a clean move.

Further back, Aleksander wants this damn 13th back from Kittleson!

And it's the same situation as often before today! Aleksander is in front in the hairpin...Kittleson doesn't give up, moves in and they touch!

Kittleson gets lifted into the air...

...and gets another bump from Pederson who sees his chance.

Having lost any momentum, it's also a MAC car that takes advantages from this momentum.

Aleksander seems to be fine, though.

Worseling having another late brake behind Horvath. He should be careful with his tyres!

Oh oh...that doesn't look good. Worseling slides into Horvath's direction....

...but PHEW....he manages not to crash into him!

But instead there's another drama at the top of the field. Johnson broke way too late into the first corner and ran wide.

He rejoins the track without any damage...

but having lost momentum either, he's an easy target for Jalving.

And what's that? The gab between Oakley and Maverick seems to decrease massively.

Maverick comes closer in very big steps! Does Oakley have a problem there?

Greidanus now sees his chance to catch up with Maverick again as Oakley is blocking the former.

Oakley enters the pit with what appears to be suspension problems as well!

Greidanus, however, is close to Maverick again. Can he use his chance now?

Johnson stays at Jalving's rear wing. With Oakley's problem he sees a chance for a podium!

Oakley rejoined the track in the middle of the midfield bunch after his forced pitstop. Bad luck for him in a double way.

Trying to take Horvath, they both touch in the hairpin. Nothing new today!

But this time it's Oakley who spins! He stands in the middle of the hairpin and has to let pass nearly all drivers before he can go on! That has definitely spoiled his race now!

Because of Oakley's mistake, Aleksander is in the points now!

And Jalving is first to pit from 3rd.

Johnson goes on and hopes to put it a brilliant round now!

Greidanus comes in the next round for his 2nd pit stop.

And Maverick, having stopped late the first time, does the same this time. He drives another round.

But wait...there's a MAC car heavily damaged...that does look badly! It's HUNSLEY!

The replay shows what happened: Both Hunsley and Greenhalgh were trying to overtake a Christel at the same time. Hunsley moved directly in front of Greenhalgh's car!

The latter didn't have any chance to avoid this crash! OUCH!

Another replay from Greenhalgh's T-CAM.

Both Hunsley and Greenhalgh are, of course, out of the race while Greidanus rejoins the track again.

Johnson comes back out of the pits with Jalving close behind. Because of Jalving's much bigger momentum he can easily pass Johnson again. No luck for the VSM driver.

And Aleksander has already catched up with Horvath, yet both will have to pit again.

Kittleson rejoins the track in 17th after his second pit stop.

And here comes the race leader for his second stop.

He rejoins the track in front of his teammate Vilela, who though hasn't visited the pits yet for a second time.

In this replay we see the reason why the gap between Maverick and Greidanus even increased....the latter was hold up by Johnson in the pits...you see Johnson at the left edge of the screen.

Vivela coming for his pit stop, Greidanus retakes 2nd position.

Also Jalving....

...and Johnson pass Vilela again.

The latter rejoins the track directly in front of Warrington in his AMR.

The latter struggles to defend from Houston and now has to let him pass.

And eight rounds before the end, Vilela brings the next drama! He spoils a superb race with a ride into the sands.

He struggled to get out of them again. He finally manages...but is 17th and last now. What a pity for ART!

And there's immediately the next drama. Pedersen ends the race with another suspension problem.

Here we go with the current standings with only 7 more laps to go.

And the tables show as well, that everybody at least visited the pits twice.

There's not much action on the track anymore, the cars are too far away of each other after the final pit stops. At least Johnson is still chasing Jalving for 3rd.

And the new teams fighting for 8th in person of Elleker and Hinz.

Championship leader Aleksander in 10th at least, though with little hope of further improvement.

Horvath is still chasing him though, but that's too much of a gap for only two more rounds to go.

Actually there's not a single incident anymore...and that makes John Maverick win the Hockenheim GP.

Greidanus comes in, 2nd...

...and Jalving takes the last podium position. Most likely not what he expected after his pole position, but better than nothing.

The followers are: Johnson in 4th

Houston 5th, after a solid and trouble-free driving...

Warrington 6th

Worseling 7th. Good points for Snake Motorsports here.

Hinz rescues 8th over the finish line in front of...

Elleker in 9th.

Aleksander grabs, at least, 3 important points for 10th.

And Horvath...

and Muller complete the top 12.

We thank you very much for your attention and hope you enjoyed the coverage despite all the technical problems. And we hope to see you all back for the next round in the GPGSL Superleague!

Stay tuned for the official results!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Season 6

Round 8, Hockenheim

Official results!

Mobile results:

1. Maverick
2. Greidanus
3. Jalving
4. Johnson
5. Houston
6. Warrington
7. Worseling
8. Hinz
9. Elleker
10. Aleksander
11. Horvath
12. Muller
13. Oakley
14. Kittleson
15. Karjalainen
16. Silvestre
17. Vilela

Rest: DNFs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 01:02AM by GPGSL.
w00t! I'm having a good race...let's keep it that way!

Onwards and...upwards...? Hmm.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Here you go! And now I just lean back and wait to see who fill be first to accuse me of cheating...

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
really unlucky for Philip,anyway it seemed like suspensions were much forced into this race...

JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here you go! And now I just lean back and wait to
> see who fill be first to accuse me of cheating...

Do you know that it was my same reaction after posting Laguna Seca's FP?;)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 01:18AM by senna9194.
Well that sucks. Dominant and in control of the race, then the suspensions breaks on me. Think that is the second suspension failure this season.... Something needs to be reviewed in the TNR manufacturing dept!! A shattered racing driver was seen having a tantrum in the back of the TNR pits, grabbing a few local beers, and wandering off into the forest out along the old circuit, for a bit of a cool down, before any press statement....21st, and no points. Bummer.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Here you go! And now I just lean back and wait to
> see who fill be first to accuse me of cheating...

Fix fix! ;). Nah im just joking of course! Dont get angry at me :(.

Anyway its good to see both jack and juliano in the points, thats a good performance

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Makes a change to take myself out for once. Well done to Chris on his points finish though :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

JWarringtonAMR John Warrington
A trouble free race and climbed into 6th. A good race for me and some good points.
1 hour ago

TafuroGP

"After this race,we're thinking of developing our own suspensions.The SMD ones seem to fail on hi-speed tracks like Hockenheim;);)"

My GPGSL Career
9th for me and 12th for Juliano, not bad after my poor start

Carlos Rodríguez, after kicking John Maverick's engineer out of the radio

"That was BRILIANT, man! Awesome job, well done!"

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Seriously, the John Maverick should be carefull next time.. Sliding people off like this isnt how it should be, thats not racing..

Anyhow, I could have won this GP easely, but now I am 3rd.. Getting closer to Aleksander again! Almost got the fastest lap also.. But wit Houston in 5th we have a good MPR weekend!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Stoopid Escreveu:
> Well I hope we don't lose you as a RD forever
> John. It was a simple mistake to make, one I've
> done myself. I for one appreciate your sterling
> efforts mate :)

I agree... only a mistake, and it's so good to create a "miscelaneous" race!! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy